MudRunner - Introducing the D-538!

actually 220.000 would be a good balance sins its the same as the 535
k700 has 230hp 140.000 torque
538 has 375hp thats about 60-65% more powerful 140.000x1.60=224.000
so 220.000 makes sense

@8x8

If I have to 'roam' with the K700, I try to have it at the front, towing the log carrier, which in turn pulls a partially full fuel trailer. I find traction is improved by weight over the axle but reduced from towing weight behind it. Carrying only the fuel you need means the towed vehicle is more manueverable and can even nudge the k700 out of the goop on occasion, whilst also chilling the k700 out a bit from its usual fishtailing.

More generally, depending on the map, I switch between tanker hauling log trailer or log carriage hauling fuel trailer, depending on where/when I need the traction most. More often than not I prefer the logs up front so I've got best traction when heading back to the lumber mill and planning the refuel stop once I'm loaded with logs so the towed weight does not impact so greatly. Not always possible depending on the map but half the fun is in figuring out the logistics. That's my way anyway, sure we all have our own.

I should probably get out more 😬

last edited by zoglet

now are people making a deal about the power numbers and such? it could be the "numbers" are inconsistent because of making balanced gameplay, but then again i have yet to play the new dlc. idk.

@8up-local I totally agree with you on game balance, but this vehicle for 4 stars is very weak there are better vehicles in the game for 3 stars only and in my opinion that is not very balanced

It's out of the question, the D-538 needs more power. I'm not a fan of overpowered vehicles that don't fit the game and destroy the balance but in this case the 538 is just to weak. To weak for the D-class and to weak to fit the real Maz 538 which used to be a wheeled bulldozer.

I hope they will fix that, the D-538 has a nice model and some useful addons but the weak power ruins the fun.
Same for the K-700 but instead of the weak engine it's the poor traction that ruins this nice tractor.
Both could have been fixed within minutes...

I might burn in hell for this but I changed the engine torque on it to make it useful I would guess it will mess up the multiplayer but oh well
one more thing tho does this tractor spawn on other maps or just on the ridge?

I've seen the d538 spawn on a few maps, though at the moment i don't recall specifics. I've been playing around old maps with the little blue tractor...

They probably made the d 538 underpowered so people would play there game just a little bit longer. (Just jokes keyboard warriors)

@kathleenmolloy are you ok?...

Strengths - Powerful off road.

Reality - Turns out to be one of the most under-powered vehicles in the game.

@justinlynch3 yeh, many people complain for its low power.
I agree, tank engine could be more powerfull. On PC some tweak its power.
But im ok with it - who said all vehicles must be like new? They all rusty, and this particular one also has worn engine and transmission, why not?)

last edited by Stazco

@stazco said in Spintires: MudRunner - Introducing the D-538!:

@justinlynch3 yeh, many people complain for its low power.
I agree, tank engine could be more powerfull. On PC some tweak its power.
But im ok with it - who said all vehicles must be like new? They all rusty, and this particular one also has worn engine and transmission, why not?)

Funny this is, this truck isn't even capable enough to get through the map the dev team designed it to go through. lol

There is one load of logs on one of the dirt trails off to the right of the paved road in the Ridge DLC map. This load is usually a medium or long lumber load. This trail has a short but somewhat steep hill. The D-538 can make it down the hill, as far as getting back up the hill... yea that's not happening. lol

Honestly you are kinda better off using your scout vehicle to drive down near your second garage. Often times a, I believe it's D-535 will spawn it, it's either a 535 or a 537, not exactly sure which. You are better off getting that to haul lumber with then using the 538. Even a C-375 or C-255 will do you better then a D-538. lol

Even if it had slightly more power, just enough to slowly crawl forward when locked in first then it'd be alright. But as is this thing just stalls on hills.

@justinlynch3 its just an old military vehicle, rusty and worn off, engine needs complete overhauling, diffs too, but we dont have enough money on a balance since our logging company is on early stage of development.
So we use that we have, i enjoy it, slow and unflex crane unit, burning fuel like tank!))

And it would be great to have career mode in mr2, buy used vehicles, repair it, overhaul/renew it, or buy new full powered vehicles if earned enough money before

last edited by Stazco