High ready when an enemy runs into my face? No thank you! :P

It's kinda anti-climactic when my character goes into 'high ready' stance when a baddie rushes me and I end up pouring lead into the roof only to be gunned down. It would be nice if that didn't happen. High ready is supposed to keep the gun away from friendlies and clear of objects. I don't think anyone would raise their weapon when a baddie runs into them.

I like to imagine it as physically running into someone.

True! But if a baddie ran right into me, I'd poke my gun into him and squeeze the trigger. I wouldn't conveniently raise it so he can get a shot off. Haha. 😃

It would be nice if it happened both ways. Like....if they're gonna force it to happen to us, the bots should be forced to go into high ready stance at the same moment as well.....creating a scenario where you both have to back up real quick to shoot.
.or just take it out of the game like you said 😛

@lordsiggi said in High ready when an enemy runs into my face? No thank you! 😛:

It would be nice if it happened both ways. Like....if they're gonna force it to happen to us, the bots should be forced to go into high ready stance at the same moment as well.....creating a scenario where you both have to back up real quick to shoot.
.or just take it out of the game like you said 😛

That isnt how it works already?

not against bots. Your gun raises, and they proceed to put a round in your face.

Bots always seem to be able to instantly melee kill me as soon as they get within arms reach. Even after being shot repeatedly.

What is high ready?

@cyoce I'm pretty sure high ready is just how you hold guns in Insurgency / Sandstorm if you aren't aiming down sights, AKA hipfiring.

@lordsiggi that's an awesome idea! Haha. Would make for some really fun moments.

@cyoce High ready is a muzzle-up ready position used to point the rifle in a safe direction and/or compress it close to the body.

alt text

Low ready serves the same function but with the muzzle pointed downward.