So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?

@boocheus said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

@snuffeldjuret Wow i am so happy for you mr gatekeeper.

So, where's your argument? You're obviously saying that paid DLC is bad but you're not really saying why. Pretty much everyone responding to you has a pretty solid argument imo.

Also, grinding for cosmetics for "two weeks"? If you get exactly what you want with about 100-200 hours (which is extremely easy if you're actually enjoying the game), that's hardly even grinding. I got that many hours in Ring of Elysium in 2-3 weeks and I didn't even play Solo at all; just with friends occasionally. Shit, for the most part, I have exactly what I want in RoE and that game does have lootboxes (but nothing can be bought with actual money).

I honestly wouldn't care if NWI adds cosmetic-only DLC that you can pay for. They aren't Activision or any other AAA studio that has money out the ass that's only using DLC for more money. They're an indie studio with 37 developers.

@boocheus What's with all the ad-hominems? Why can't you hold a discussion without insulting people? Anyway:

Yes, cosmetics can add value to a game. But going without them doesn't hurt your experience if you're playing the game because you actually enjoy the gameplay. I play games because they're fun, not because I like yellow plaid turbans or mutton chops. If you like a game, grinding is fun. Grinding is literally just playing the game; if you don't like the grind, don't grind. Play a game you enjoy. Getting cosmetic items more easily won't make you enjoy the gameplay any more.

If cosmetic microtransactions help NWI keep the lights on while keeping the price point at $30-$24, I don't have a problem with it.

@Boocheus is salty AF. This is awesome. We've given him actual answers and he cant use words to support his position.

0_1541304587674_ko9pfcN.jpg

If they add micro-transactions of ANY kind, I will be VERY disappointed. I really don't care if they're for cosmetic items, it's just a bad market practice in my opinion.

That said, I'm all for meaningful DLC. If they plan to release a singleplayer campaign as DLC later on, I'm down for that. I am not, however, down for locking segments of the game behind payment walls. That just kills the very purpose of working to unlock items. I know they're "only cosmetic" and again, I don't care. Please don't touch micro-transactions with a 10-foot pole.

@rover Same. I once ran into a troll that said hed spend his money to undo my refund. Sociopathic community that i will gladly have no part of.

@rover I believe that they have confirmed micro-translations in that you will be able to buy cosmetic "credits" with real money. As far as I know, that is the only thing planned at this point.

You know you could just like, play the game. Ive got about 100 hours and ive pretty much got everything I want, and I didnt spend my cash very efficently.

@maa_bunny color me thoroughly disappointed. A refund is also not completely out of the question for me at this point. No wonder they've made the progression system such a grind.

I take it then they'll limit modding to force their cosmetics down our throats too, else modders might just end up making better or equally good cosmetics. Won't be much of a way to make the more gullible buy digital clothes for digital characters.

Sorry if I come across as bitter, I just thoroughly detest microtransactions on a cellular level.

you guys are missing the point. PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

If you're "working towards" cosmetic unlocks, your focus is already on the wrong thing! Play the game for the gameplay and DONT CARE about cosmetics. That way, when you have enough points to buy something cool, it's like, "oh hey, i can buy a neat camo to color my body with next time i get blown into chunks."

Oh when will the damage control end..

Oh when will the damage control end..

You seem like youre baiting pretty hard, in the end you arent going to get your way, change anyones minds and the average user isnt going to care.

This thread should be locked already because its very clear you arent here for discussion, only to cause a problem. You wont listen to even the most neutral posts, really only posts that agree with you.

@rover It doesn't bother me at all. I've been able to customize both my characters to a point where I'm happy with them just over the course of the beta. Assuming I'll be playing this game for the next few years, I expect I'll have more cosmetic options than I'll know what to do with before too long. The grind is really not that significant. Unlocking new operators in Siege, for example, is far harder.

@ziggylata Actually he kinda did get his way. NWI went back on their plans to add dlc, although they have allowed themselves to add paid dlc in the future if they change their minds.

Also @Boocheus isn’t outright trying to troll, he does care about paid dlc in this. He’s made posts on this and the Steam forums for the past few months; he used to even make actual arguments back then. I will admit though all he’s been doing at this point is baiting and hurling insults at people.

@maa_bunny said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

@rover I believe that they have confirmed micro-translations in that you will be able to buy cosmetic "credits" with real money. As far as I know, that is the only thing planned at this point.

I don't think they've confirmed it; only that they're thinking about it.

@rover said in So whats being done about the exploitative dlc practises?:

No wonder they've made the progression system such a grind.

First of all, it's not really that bad, considering there's no lootboxes or anything.

Second, if you could get everything you wanted in like ten hours, then that's another reason to not play the game. Having cosmetics that you have to kind of work for is an incentive and nothing else. As long as soldiers don't start running around wearing bright pink I'm okay with it.

Oh when will the damage control end.

Not exactly sure which part of any of these posts is "damage control", and you not actually quoting anything doesn't help either.

Also, as mentioned earlier, you completely agree with anyone on your side and then seem to outright denounce anyone else with a different position, like they can't possibly be correct. If you aren't going to listen to the opposing argument, why did you even start a discussion to begin with?

PS, if you're only interested in cosmetics why not play a different game with cosmetics? You don't even seem interested in Sandstorm at all.

PSS, I just noticed in the OP you edited in:

...no one listens to you but your own kind.

Rather hypocritical if you ask me since you aren't listening to anyone with a differing opinion.

last edited by MarksmanMax

Anyone actually want these complainers in the game? It is not like they will bring enjoyment to others, so please do refund or not but the game at all. It is hilarious to read their comments though, so let them stay on the forums.

HI all,

Locking this thread because it's not going anywhere.