You cannot pick up equipment from the floor in several locations (ie. doors)

Very often I'm not able to pick up a weapon or grenade that's lying directly in front of me. There is no writing and no possibility to select it. This especially happens in the near surroundings of a open or destroyed door or some other device that can be interacted with...
The selection in general is very poorly made. I'm getting crazy trying to pick up that one grenade or pistol. The game is frequently forcing me to drop my main weapon instead. This get's me killed quite a lot...

@riffklaw insurgency 2 had the same issue. They tried to tell me it was a button key bind I messed up but...guess what it was set to default geniuses!

To this day I believe it is a running joke. The key button to pick things up is the same as opening doors and or interacting with the environment. Why in gods name would they tie these two together? Makes no sense!

last edited by Max80

@max80 said in You cannot pick up equipment from the floor in several locations (ie. doors):

@riffklaw insurgency 2 had the same issue. They tried to tell me it was a button key bind I messed up but...guess what it was set to default geniuses!

To this day I believe it is a running joke. The key button to pick things up is the same as opening doors and or interacting with the environment. Why in gods name would they tie these two together? Makes no sense!

I absolutely agree to what you guys say !

• We need an extra keybind for picking up things from the ground.
  • The pickup area has to be worked over ( make it bigger please )

We all had that experience too !
It is leading to frustration if you get shot down while trying to find the exact position to be able to pick the weapon or grenade from the ground.

• sometimes you can´t pick items although the name is visible
  • sometimes you cannot find the correct position to make the name of the grenade visible ( to be able to pick it up )
  • sometimes you pick the wrong item when there are several on one spot
  • sometimes the door opens/closes instead of picking up the item
  • and sometimes it works ! 😉
last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning no extra key needed tbh.
Picking up stuff works just fine e.g. in CS.
Just improve it and we'll be fine.