What "will this actually work?" moments do you guys have?

I was in Mount Logmore, I had a Bison, medium log cart and a Skidder. What I didn't have, was a crane. So the log cart was to tall for the skidder to load it, so I had a thought. What if I disconnect the trailer from the Bison, flip the trailer on it's side, load the logs with the skidder then right the trailer, reconnect it to the Bison, and load the logs.

So I tried it, and while not the fastest process, plus I'm still a bit inexperienced with the skidder, to my surprise this actually ended up working out.

Youtube Video

So what about you guys. Has anybody else got any thinking outside the box ideas that actually ended up panning out?

That's hilarious and also genius, nice work. I haven't done anything as interesting as that.

@deez-l said in What "will this actually work?" moments do you guys have?:

That's hilarious and also genius, nice work. I haven't done anything as interesting as that.

Thanks. I bet that one guy that was there watching me for a while had gotten some confused trying to figure out what the heck I was to. lol

I load long logs from behind because the trailer is open at the back. Have no pic atm.

@justinlynch3 lol ok first thing I gotta ask is was any of the 3 players in that room your friends? because if not and I was one of those 3 players I would have been saying "WTF is this guy Doing? LOL" That's awesome man and yeah very genius because I would have driven all the way back for a crane.

@smaronenine said in What "will this actually work?" moments do you guys have?:

@justinlynch3 lol ok first thing I gotta ask is was any of the 3 players in that room your friends? because if not and I was one of those 3 players I would have been saying "WTF is this guy Doing? LOL" That's awesome man and yeah very genius because I would have driven all the way back for a crane.

No it was just a random lobby I had joined. lol

Thanks though. These guys was on the last lumber mill with 2 points left, some I joined in, messed around doing all that, got the Bison out of the woods afterwards, and delivered the final load before any of those 3 other guys.

They either really sucked or they was just messing around not trying to finish the map.