Different Color TeamMates

For reinforce and simplify the strategical gameplay, can you put a different color for the teammates? I mean the friends from the party created before the game. I suggest the color Orange for the teammate on the map (and maybe the rhombus marker in first person view). With it, i see a better cooperative/tactical gameplay. I hope this point has not been discussed before.

This is being released on the upcoming patch November 8th

@facknrite
I don´t think so.

What Trollywood is asking for is a different color for Partymembers ( which come together in your steam friends list - which should have their own squad color ) and that one should be different as the regular teammate color to identify them easier on the battlefield.

What is coming with the next patch is the changeable color of your teammates
0_1541501190976_1541270818304-sandstorm001.jpg

@Trollywood
By the way, the customization of clothing is very usefull for visual identification.
So just keep in mind what your "friends" wear and what weapons they are using.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning said in Different Color TeamMates:

What is coming with the next patch is the changeable color of your teammates

That Changeable color of teammates is for party members that's why you have a neutral color that is gonna be use for the rest of your squad that is not on your party.

Well to be honest i was hoping that too when i saw that setting, but why is it called neutral then ?
Teammates normally aren´t neutral, they fight on my side for a specific reason.
Hmmm...

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning
Well we will find out on Thursday

Alex confirmed it on the stream starting at 1:22:00 mark

Our party members can have green icons on them in game instead of blue like on insurgency?

Youtube Video – [1:22:00..]

last edited by facknrite

@facknrite Didn't party members in Ins2014 have like, orange colors or something? lol

@facknrite In Ins2014, teammates with a blue icon were teammates that weren't in your squad. Teammates with a green icon were in your squad and you could then talk to them over the radio.

@marksmanmax said in Different Color TeamMates:

@facknrite In Ins2014, teammates with a blue icon were teammates that weren't in your squad. Teammates with a green icon were in your squad and you could then talk to them over the radio.

Completely Wrong. Teammates NOT on your party have green icons. Teammates with blue Icons are in your party and comms are for everyone in the team.

I will suggest you to go launch your Insurgency game and join a server.

last edited by facknrite

@facknrite I'd suggest not insulting the guy with over 1400+ hours on Insurgency (my most played game on Steam) about a mechanic I somehow don't know about.

Don't get me wrong, there's probably still some shit I don't know about. I think the newest thing I learned is that there's a reload animation on the M249 for when you still have bullets left on the belt but the belt is no longer in the actual box. You actually just knock the belt back into the box and then detach it lmao.

Again, could be wrong about party colors (I rarely was in parties, after all) but I'm definitely not incorrect about the rest.

0_1541527446388_20181106130214_1.jpg

@MarksmanMax Didn't mean to disrespect you but it seems that in the 1400 hours you have played the game you didn't pay attention into it specially if you haven't been into parties that often. Look at the image and you will see teammates on green and they are not in my party.

What really bothers me is that you create confusion to players asking for something that you are not really sure about and trying to stick into it. At the end you aint helping nobody.

Even in your profile header picture you have an image of your teammates wearing green icons.

last edited by facknrite

@facknrite said in Different Color TeamMates:

0_1541527446388_20181106130214_1.jpg

@MarksmanMax Didn't mean to disrespect you but it seems that in the 1400 hours you have played the game you didn't pay attention into it specially if you haven't been into parties that often. Look at the image and you will see teammates on green and they are not in my party.

Yeah. They're in your squad (A / B).

What really bothers me is that you create confusion to players asking for something that you are not really sure about and trying to stick into it. At the end you aint helping nobody.

I'm only not sure about the party system since I haven't used it that much. The rest I'm 100% confident on.

My goal is to clear up the confusion, not make more of it lmao.

Even in your profile header picture you have an image of your teammates wearing green icons.

Yes, because they're in my squad.

Maybe you don't actually know about the squad system. In Insurgency: Source, squads and parties aren't actually the same thing. I'm talking about two different things.

On a typical 16 vs 16 server, both teams are broken up into two squads:

0_1541560146908_2SquadSelect.jpg

Anyone in your squad shows up as green indicators and anyone in the second squad shows up as blue:

0_1541560196715_1Scoreboard.jpg

You can always see the green icons of your squad members through walls and shit, but you can only see the blue icons of teammates not in your squad if you have a direct line of sight iirc. Maybe also if you're close by; I'm iffy on how exactly the blue icons work. You don't always see them, though.

Your tactical map will display the locations of all of your alive teammates in both squads.

Your mic talks to any teammates close by and your squad members through the radio. Also, in the Ambush gamemode, if you're the VIP you can see everyone's icon regardless of what squad they're in and all teammates see your icon, as well. However, you can still only talk to teammates in your squad over the radio.

I think the party system might have your friends shown in orange or something. That's also the color used for the VIP in the gamemode Ambush though, so I might be wrong on that. Hell, there might not be a party-specific color.

I know that in Day of Infamy that your friends are given special blue icons next to their names that can be seen from any distance regardless of obstacles.

TL;DR Ins2014 has a weird two-squad system to encourage teamwork that was ultimately kind of useless, hence why it was removed in future NWI games.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@MarksmanMax it seems we were arguing about 2 different things, i have been talking all of this time about COOP and you have been talking about PVP.
Now everything makes more sense.

@facknrite Well, there's only eight players in Coop gamemodes by default, so there's just one squad (aka everyone is always in the same squad).

I play a lot of Coop, too. I'd say it's about a 50/50 split between Coop gamemodes and Ambush.