WTF happened to heavy/long barrels?

come on, that was more useful than freakin flash hider .

@dcm90 Removed, and thank god. They made the G3A3, FAL, and M14 EBR one-shot Heavy Armor at CQB, and this made the FAL and M14 EBR 1000% better than the bolt-action rifles and were the best weapons in the entire game.

With the Long Barrel attachment gone, I at least feel like I have choices.

ohh and underbarrel smoke from demolition class removed

i can see this game heading for cry baby heaven more quickly than i thought

last edited by b4ndo

@b4ndo To be fair, I so rarely used the smoke launcher on the demo class, although I don't know how to feel about giving it to standard Rifleman.

They also took SKS from standar insurgents and gave them FAL while taking FAL from Advisor insurgents.... At this point why would anyone be insurgent advisor?

i dont take about the fal or g3. i do care about my m16!!! WHY?!

@b4ndo said in WTF happened to heavy/long barrels?:

ohh and underbarrel smoke from demolition class removed

i can see this game heading for cry baby heaven more quickly than i thought

If I remember the patch notes right the smoke underbarrel option is available for more classes than just demo guys. Can't remember which classes besides rifleman get them now, so it's a fair trade

@amurka said in WTF happened to heavy/long barrels?:

They also took SKS from standar insurgents and gave them FAL while taking FAL from Advisor insurgents.... At this point why would anyone be insurgent advisor?

Advisor is like a combination of Breacher and Rifleman. He sits somewhere in the middle. Therefore, giving him battle rifles and marksman rifles didn't make much sense.

I don't care about battle rifles in that aspect.
But even original insurgency had heavy Barrel for the m16. I like having a dmr/sharpshooter 5.56mm and not carbine mall ninja m4 trend.

@dcm90 The long barrel didn’t decrease recoil. It just did more damage with higher velocity bullets.

@tooth-decay i used it only for the m16 and ak74. Not for the recoil but for the velocity and 200+ meter range. It doesn't increase 5.56 damage significant

last edited by dcm90

@dcm90 It made the G3 and FAL a one shot kill to the chest even if the person had heavy armor on. It was pretty much a toned down version of AP ammo.

@tooth-decay so? they can leave it just like the old insurgency, heavy barrels for ARs/AKs

Heavy barrels and long barrels are not the same thing. And neither make any sense as a weapon accessory. I'm glad it's gone.

I honestly liked the idea of long barrles alot and i think it should be in the game just for more points and only for one class. it was a little op but still bad ass.

What I find funny is that they left the 'greased bolt' accessory for sniper rifles in the game! I must be the only one that finds this accessory option an absolute joke.

• 'Well I'm goin into combat now, better grease up my bolt so I can manually cycle the action faster than normal'

Are you kidding me!? Majority of soldier's firearms (Even hunters, target shooters) are already lubricated. This is basic firearms maintenance. A bolt action is going to be cycled as fast as the person operating it wants! You're not gonna grease it up 🤣

Hurry up and remove this accessory and just make the default speed fast.

@sharpeyehodgey Eh, it was mostly inspired from Day of Infamy, but tbh I'd second making the Greased Bolt (and the old Long Barrel) default attachments on the bolt-action rifles. They already seem pretty useless compared to the semi-auto alternatives. Why spend five supply on a Greased Bolt and Stripper Clips when you can just buy a mag-fed, semi-auto SVD for two extra supply?

Bumping the reload speed, at least for the M24 (Mosin has Stripper Clips), is also something I'd like to see.

EDIT:
@sharpeyehodgey said in WTF happened to heavy/long barrels?:

Are you kidding me!? Majority of soldier's firearms (Even hunters, target shooters) are already lubricated. This is basic firearms maintenance. A bolt action is going to be cycled as fast as the person operating it wants!

NWI could maybe pull a Heroes and Generals and add in like a Lightened Bolt / Spring instead. It makes more sense, anyway.

last edited by MarksmanMax