RCON Commands

Is there a definitive list of rcon commands for server administration?

Never mind, found what I needed in release notes. However it is worth noting that on the server I currently am running, through NFOServers, I cannot get console to pull up nor the server name to update. As if some issue exists between the updated file and game.

Could you please be more specific than "cannot get console to pull up nor the server name to update." ?

Post your config/startup files for example.

last edited by Arc

Arc, I will post more tomorrow in the AM. I will do my best to be specific in the issues I am having and post those files.

@Arc Here is my Game.ini file below. password has been replaced with placeholder. My "Toggle Admin Menu" key is bound to "Num-" but I have tried bindings of all sorts, even "W" just to make sure it wasn't some other issue. When pressing the Toggle Admin Menu key, nothing happens... no console or control panel otherwise shows up. My Admins.txt file has nothing in it except my Steam ID64.

Now the other issue is the server will not rename, it is stuck with the placeholder Insurgency:Sandstorm server name. I have contacted the server host and they say everything on their end in terms of my custom name says the name should be updated but it is not reflected in the server browser listing.

It is worth noting that I changed the Game.ini file to show the kill feed just to make sure some kind of setting was actually updating after restart. The kill feed does work... so it seems as though something is going on preventing specifically my interaction with the admin console. And both me and the server host are unsure what it is. They attribute it to some error of the developers, but who knows... apparently some people are successfully pulling up the menu.

GAME.INI FILE:
[Rcon]
bEnabled=True
bAllowConsoleCommands=True
Password=xxxxxxxxx
ListenPort=27015

[/Script/Insurgency.INSGameMode]
bKillFeed=True
bKillFeedSpectator=True
bKillerInfo=True
bKillerInfoRevealDistance=True
TeamKillLimit=3
TeamKillGrace=0.2
TeamKillReduceTime=90
bDeadSay=True
bDeadSayTeam=True
bVoiceAllowDeadChat=True
bVoiceEnemyHearsLocal=True
ObjectiveResetTime=-1
ObjectiveSpeedup=0.25
ObjectiveMaxSpeedupPlayers=4

[/Script/Insurgency.INSMultiplayerMode]
GameStartingIntermissionTime=3
WinTime=3
PostRoundTime=5
PostGameTime=5
bAutoAssignTeams=True
bAllowFriendlyFire=False
FriendlyFireModifier=0.2
FriendlyFireReflect=0
bAutoBalanceTeams=True
AutoBalanceDelay=10
bMapVoting=True
bUseMapCycle=True
bVoiceIntermissionAllowAll=True
IdleLimit=150
IdleLimitLowReinforcements=90
IdleCheckFrequency=30
MinimumPlayers=1
GameTimeLimit=-1
PreRoundTime=5
OverTime=60
TeamSwitchTime=10
bAllowPlayerTeamSelect=True
bBots=False
InitialSupply=10
MaximumSupply=20
bSupplyGainEnabled=True
bAwardSupplyInstantly=False
SupplyGainFrequency=150

[/Script/Insurgency.INSPushGameMode]
RoundTimeExtension=300
AttackerWavesPerObjective=5
AttackerWaveDPR=0.25
AttackerWaveTimer=20
DefenderWavesPerObjective=5
DefenderWaveDPR=0.25
DefenderWaveTimer=35
LastStandSetupDelay=10
AdvanceAttackerSpawnsDelay=30

[/Script/Insurgency.INSSkirmishGameMode]
DefaultReinforcementWave=5
CaptureBonusWaves=1

[/Script/Insurgency.INSCoopMode]
bUseVehicleInsertion=True
FriendlyBotQuota=4
MinimumEnemies=6
MaximumEnemies=12

[/Script/Insurgency.INSCheckpointGameMode]
DefendTimer=90
DefendTimerFinal=180
RetreatTimer=10
RespawnDPR=0.1
RespawnDelay=20
PostCaptureRushTimer=30
CounterAttackRespawnDPR=0.2
CounterAttackRespawnDelay=20
ObjectiveTotalEnemyRespawnMultiplierMin=1
ObjectiveTotalEnemyRespawnMultiplierMax=1
FinalCacheBotQuotaMultiplier=1

Ok, although I restarted the server about 9 million times yesterday the name would not change/update. I just tried again to see, and all is well. So that part is solved.

I'm not sure what Game.ini have to do with your issues, the name is specified in command line (startup batch) via "-hostname=YourServerNameHere", as for the admin menu, add "-AdminList=YourAdminListName" to the command line.

By the looks of it you are running the server through 3rd party provider, in which case you have to communicate with them to dothe command line arguments for you.

@arc said in RCON Commands:

-AdminList=YourAdminListName

yes I am for now. I will send this their way and see what comes of it! Very much appreciate your time on this @Arc

They ran the command and restarted the server. command "-AdminList=Admins.txt" and no effect. Still no working menu

Not Admin.txt. Should be just Admins. -AdminList=Admins

ooo. I will give that a try! Thanks man!

@sawcoach No change, still an nonworking menu

Did you create the new folder structure in the Insurgency root folder?
using just the STEAM 64 id format? eg 74141526778654
Just numbers, nothing else.