Firearms/Attachment Redunancies, Changes/Options

Still getting a feel for the latest patch as there have been many changes.

Muzzle Device:
*One thing that's stood out are the muzzle attachments. M4 series rifles by default come with an A2 birdcage FLASH HIDER. To have the flash hider option and Noveske KX3 is redundant. The flash hider selection should be removed/or replaced with a thread-less/target crown option at 0 cost. The muzzle brake you guys modeled is the Surefire Pro Comp muzzle brake (MB) alt text now as cool as it's been this comp is MASSIVE in game when in real life its quite the contrary. For change, reduce the size but perhaps select the SOCOM series MBalt text since your suppressor model is based off of the SOCOM can.

Optics:
*For any 2x optics, change it to being more real (3x mag) and provide the option to use the magnifier when we want vs. permanent fixture.

*Elcan 4x should be 1x/4x

Firearms:
*Please rid and replace the M16A2 as you guys provided the A4. Give us the SCAR16 as a variation from another AR but also something that's piston driven (not that it matters?). I also feel the same way about the AKM and AK74.

This'll be for what comes to mind right now. Will update more in a bit.

I partially agree about muzzle devices. The current comp is comically large and looks rediculus. I like your idea to move to the SOCOM comp, at least for the AR family rifles. Ultimately it'd be great to see different models for comps and flash hinders per gun. I also am not a fan of the Noceske flash hider at all, not in real life, and it just looks bizzar on many guns in game.

I've thought about how the best way is to handle muzzle device defaults. You pretty much never see a military rifle with a plain muzzle crown, so I feel it'd be weird to make people run that way without spending points. Maybe give guns a free attachment for what the gun comes with standard? That would mostly mean a flash hider, but the AK-74 would get a free comp.

The M-16A2 is in the game as an insurgent weapon while the A4 is security. In coop security gets access to both. Not sure how you think the AKM and AK-74 are redundant, they fire completly different rounds.

explosive and smoke grenade launcher attachment needs more work. The attachment will some times look like it is falling off of gun while running and the sight gets messed up. The arc on it is very difficult to understand as well. some gun will shot it straight and others u have to look up at almost a 50 degree angle to shoot more than 10 feet.

I agree that I find it a little weird seeing the guns with default skin having flash hiders, yet, you add another one on top of that. But I am not sure why you'd get rid of M16A2? In PvP it is only for Ins side only, so it isn't redundant at all.

@sexualmeatball said in Firearms/Attachment Redunancies, Changes/Options:

*One thing that's stood out are the muzzle attachments. M4 series rifles by default come with an A2 birdcage FLASH HIDER. To have the flash hider option and Noveske KX3 is redundant.

I've thought about this too, but flash hiders are essentially just cheap suppressors. The gun is still really loud, but the flash is what really gives a shooter away fast. 5.56 ARs getting a free one seems kinda OP honestly.

I mean, if the AK-74 had a free Compensator that might make up for it, although the AK-74 actually has very low horiz. recoil anyway.

@io543 said in Firearms/Attachment Redunancies, Changes/Options:

I agree that I find it a little weird seeing the guns with default skin having flash hiders, yet, you add another one on top of that. But I am not sure why you'd get rid of M16A2? In PvP it is only for Ins side only, so it isn't redundant at all.

IMO one of the greatest reasons to use an M16A2 in PvP was so that you can ditch it for any Security 5.56 rifle and use your mags for it lmao. At least, that used to be a really good decision. Now that 5.56 rifles have harsh-as-shit recoil (probably for balance purposes) the M16s are really strong. The burst-fire has like, zero recoil to it.

@marksmanmax said in Firearms/Attachment Redunancies, Changes/Options:

5.56 ARs getting a free one seems kinda OP honestly.

Most guns in the game would get a free flash hider. All the FALs, G-36, Mk.17, M-14, G-3A3, MP-7, all come standard with flash hiders. The AKM and all AK-74 varients would have compensators. Off the top of my head only the Uzi, M-24, shot guns, and all pistols would not come with anything.