5.56 Weapons

It appears vertical/horizontal recoil was increased significantly with this major update, particularly with 5.56 guns e.g. M4's, M16's, G36's, etc. Even in CQB, it is now incredibly difficult to tag my targets. I don't feel I have any REAL control over my firearm, and no confidence in where my shots may land. I know a few others have expressed this opinion, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr guns go boom too hard i need 2 get gud i guess

the TLDR was pretty accurate lol. they till have some weird horizontal recoil IMO. Im still triggered that guns not have "kick" like the did in original INS.

@zucchini Yeah, each individual shot felt "punchier" to me in ins2, but recoil patterns were still manageable. Not sure.

I actually quite like it as it is now. Not as much recoil as in Ins2, but we usually need 2 bullets to kill instead of the one hit one kill AP ammo meta, so that's okay. It encourages single fire mode.

It would go a long way to remove the RNG component from horizontal recoil so good players could reliably chain hits like ins2.

last edited by cyoce

Having this problem myself honestly. Makes me seriously think wtf when someone full autos me from long distance when I can't understand what my point of aim is doing when shooting short to medium distance.

@gray-ham said in 5.56 Weapons:

It appears vertical/horizontal recoil was increased significantly with this major update, particularly with 5.56 guns e.g. M4's, M16's, G36's, etc. Even in CQB, it is now incredibly difficult to tag my targets. I don't feel I have any REAL control over my firearm, and no confidence in where my shots may land. I know a few others have expressed this opinion, but what do you guys think?

tl;dr guns go boom too hard i need 2 get gud i guess

M16A4? The M16s are lasers after the update.

The other 5.56 weapons have a shitton of recoil, but I'm completely fine with it. M4 spam was the meta until this patch dropped and by Allah, it was fucking annoying.