Broken rapid fire in single mode

Rapid fire in single mode is even worst than before, i just can't rapid fire anymore.
Watch the following video and you will see how sad the rapid fire is on my end no matter how fast i click my mouse button. It can go even slower than that.

Youtube Video

last edited by facknrite

Why do you think it is broken?
I notice there is least horizontal recoil, though the vertical recoil is there cos you are not using the fore-grip(and surely u can't cos of you are having an under-barrel upgrade).

@chraso Compare how fast you shoot your gun on rapid fire with the same gear compared with mine. This also happens with every single gun even pistols so what are you gonna say now that i need a foregrip on my pistol too?

they have increased recoil on every gun at nov8th update.

You don't seem to understand that this is not a recoil issue. The single fire rapid fire stutters, gets stucked sõme times yoü can hear 2 bullets getting shot at the same time.
Nothing of all of that have anything ^to do with recoil at all.

Ive noticed a lot of weird issues with sounds and such too. Sometimes in single fire mode my gun makes the sound of 2 shots for every actual shot when i tap-fire. It probably has something to do with them finally fixing the silent-fire weapons, but I dunno. Kind of annoying but not gamebreaking.

last edited by AMURKA

It's not a problem of sound or recoil here.
The problem seems to be that mouse clicks sometimes just don't register, or the game registers them with some kind of delay.

@facknrite seems to have a problem with that.

When things are normal : click = fire. Repeat that as fast as you can and it just works.
In OP's case : 1st click = fire, 2nd click = nothing, 3rd click = nothing, 4th click = 2 shots, 5th click = fire, 6th click = 2 shots, 7th click = nothing etc.

He seems to have an issue with consistency. The game does not always register rapid clicks in semi auto. That's what you can see on the video. Nothing to do with recoil or the sound played by the game that gives the impression of shooting two times when you only shot once.

last edited by Grumf

@grumf That's exactly it. Here is another video where you can notice it even better in oilfield
Youtube Video

So I think there should be some sort of cap on how fast you can fire in single mode, given that you can spam a mouse button much faster than you'll ever spam a trigger. Maybe there is some minimum time coded into the weapons, which when clicking really fast results in this sort of inconsistent shot chain.

I still don't think they should make 1-click = 1 shot, or else you would be able to spam shots at an unrealistic rate while in single mode.

I've also experienced it. It seems the worst with the M16. I've promptly returned to full-auto AKM.

There's also an issue with M4, which won't fire at all for some 3 seconds after reloading the drum mag.

@thehappybub said in Broken rapid fire in single mode:

So I think there should be some sort of cap on how fast you can fire in single mode, given that you can spam a mouse button much faster than you'll ever spam a trigger. Maybe there is some minimum time coded into the weapons, which when clicking really fast results in this sort of inconsistent shot chain.

I still don't think they should make 1-click = 1 shot, or else you would be able to spam shots at an unrealistic rate while in single mode.

You must also remember that even though you are pulling a trigger on a rifle, you can still shoot it very, very fast. There is even someone who can shoot 6 shots from a double action revolver in 0.9 seconds.

There should only be a limit on the weapon's fire rate if the semiautomatic spamming reaches the weapons max fire rate. (M16A4's fire rate is between 750 and 900 RPM).

Because of this problem, semi automatic weapons are almost not worth purchasing...

The M16A4 was my go-to weapon with 1250+ hours of Insurgency Source. Now I find myself stumbling around attempting to balance my supply points with expensive M4s. 🙂