Insurgents support type: Suicide bomber.

This support will spawn an IED equipped bot who will walk towards the marker and detonate himself. Should explode when shot, or when close to enemy with los. Kinda like the elite bots scorectreak in CoD.

It should be a weapon for demolition in my opinion. Instead of a rocket launcher you can choose a suicide vest with a greater blast than the RPG.

IED is a thing already. But giving the players an ability to suicide-bomb themselves is a big no no for NWI.

I like the idea of having a suicide terrorist!

Sounds like a really cancer mechanic tbh. It'll get mega abused. You already have the ability of sending in an ied drone literally through a window now. (of course if it doesn't get shot down like it always does)

last edited by thehappybub

@thehappybub
That's true. I suppose the IED drone already fills this role.
Then again it would be a fun thing non the less. Being on the insurgent side, and seeing the dumb bot walking past would make you scared and avoid him and the potential, premature detonation, unlike the drone, which feels both too high-tec and too 'there in the sky somewhere', rather than down on the ground and visible. The players could even benefit from covering the bot, or even utilizing the potential chaos his announced presence could cause.

last edited by Pakislav

I think some more variety in the insurgent fire support would be nice, right now its just like a bunch of different explosives (tbh the drones is kinda weird but whatever). When I play insurgent commander I'm usually like, well, I have all these ways of making things go boom, let's just like choose a random one. The support options just don't fill niches as well as the security ones do.

last edited by thehappybub

@thehappybub
Yeah, I get a similar feeling. I wonder if it would work for the insurgents to just call in a bunch of bots with rifles to act as distraction if nothing else. Would work better than a chopper, and fill a similar role.

last edited by Pakislav

I do think the differences between the two groups should be conserved though. So just because security has support which hunts down individual targets shouldn't mean that the insurgents need a counterpart. I think the fire supports should play to different strengths.

The security has the two choppers which hunt down exposed people and kind of lock down the map for a little while. The insurgents, right now, don't really have anything other than more boom boom. I think insurgent support should revolve more around their gas mask, which is kind of like their special. Right now its just two chem mortars, maybe some more area-denial or flush-out stuff based on chemical warfare would be cool. Once the devs make gasses actually diffuse into interiors, this could become more powerful (the whole appeal of the gas support should be to flush people out of buildings too). Maybe a nerve agent to severely cripple a team (reduce movement, increase sway, add choking animations, etc) or sarin/tabun (to act kind of like an incendiary barage in a way which would burn those touched by it) would be cool. Right now I don't too much care for the bomber drones.