Mud on tires

I have this one mod that the tires don't get muddy, they do get wet but no dirt or mud. What would cause this and is there a fix to where mud and dirt while show up? Any help would be appreciated thanks. Ok I just see someone else asked about this but didn't really understand the fix. What I am asking is it easy fix or would the creator of the mod have to fix it?

last edited by Winchester187

@winchester187 I believe that you could do it yourself, but you need to search for the files in your workshop folder and redo some textures. So I think its better that the creator updates it.

Does that happen to be one of my mods?

You have to open the wheel and tire diffused maps in Photoshop and add an alpha channel then save them. For me the files need to be .dds or it wont work not sure if that's the case with everyone.

@spun said in Mud on tires:

You have to open the wheel and tire diffused maps in Photoshop and add an alpha channel then save them. For me the files need to be .dds or it wont work not sure if that's the case with everyone.

Targa (.tga) works as well.

@mexican_420 Probably cause my Photoshop is from 1994 lol.

It is really easy.Ole Betty is ready for her rinse, and to do her justice; you will need to make sure you have the appropriate equipment. We recommend getting a pressurized soap dispenser along with a car-specific soap. It is important to have enough pressure to knock off the mud off your mud tires; we recommend the Torq Foam Blaster 6 Foam Wash Gun. Any good automotive-cleaning soap is made for automotive use, which means it will not strip the wax or greases that most vehicles are full of, but are good at breaking down organic matter like bugs and bird poop. Also, a good automotive soap can mix into extra-strength batches for pretreating an extra-filthy front end or lower panels that need some extra love or used straight for spot-treating dirt and stuck-on messes. We have seen positive results with the Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo & Superior Surface cleaning soap. Finally, you will need to obtain wash mitts and cleaning pads as seen here. For more detailed cleaning you will need to get the Wash Brush, the wash brush can cut down tremendously on truck bed cleaning. Note: No Kitchen Soap. Ole Betty does not like Kitchen soap. See Selena Gomez Jacket

last edited by daniellee