Radio distance doesn't seem right.

The distance indicator to my radio man doesn't seem to be correct.
As far as I can read the graphic, my radio man should be in usable range at the halfway mark/inside the left half, but the icon only gets solid and actually functional at ~75% of the left half. Maybe the distance got nerfed but the indicator is still set to the old distance.

0_1543517001403_radiodistance.jpg

@grabbinpeels1 yea it's annoying because not only do I not like the whole callin system in the first place, now my observer needs to sit right next to me and NOT MOVE while I call in.

It's honestly super annoying for anyone playing observer. You're standing by the commander who's trying to line up a call-in but if you move a little bit to shoot someone, and the commander clicks, you're just outside the radius and he just "calls for observer".

@thehappybub
he has to stand still aswell? I never noticed. If so, I think a better solution would giving the radio man an actual radio he has to switch to (like a sidearm) or a button promt with an animation after he got the call from commander to give the call to HQ. It would restrict him from running and gunning but not from regular walking and going into cover if he needs to and would force him to stick around and do his job a bit better.

@grabbinpeels1 said in Radio distance doesn't seem right.:

he has to stand still aswell?

He doesn't have to be still, its just that the radius is so small that in the second it takes the pull out your binoculars, more often than not the observer has moved out of the radius. He needa to stay literally right next to you for it to work well.

The best observers I ever have are guys that mindlessly follow me around and sit down next to me whenever I stop. I don't think that's how the role should be played.

@grabbinpeels1 said in Radio distance doesn't seem right.:

better solution would giving the radio man an actual radio he has to switch to (like a sidearm) or a button promt with an animation after he got the call from commander to give the call to HQ.

Exactly, this was brought up a few times in other threads, but I think the call in needs a rework like this that doesnt require the butt buddy system.