Guys, this should be a new game and all, but some changes are weird... .
  • the k700 grabber is a pita, loaded logs with it once, never again.(edit: the grabber is not the problem, the whole procedure takes very long and its just a drag)
  • max 900 liter in small cistern instead of 1200 max (edit: i notice there are 2, nor a 900 and a 1200 on different trucks)
  • default view seems to have changed compared to spintires, you see more ahead now but less in front of the truck, this is worse!
  • when you zoom in you see mostly "truck" not much else
  • no front difflocks on hardcore mode? for real? (edit: love it its great! got used to it, new hardcore gameplay is sweet! )

i dont know how others think about that stuff, but in my view this was perfectly fine in spintires. i enjoy the rest very much so far.
you guys think they are ok, compared to spintires?

last edited by Actionjackson

For the K700, the grabber seems to be useless until you know that you can spawn multiple logs at the kiosk!
I didn't know it either and had the same thoughts. It's a new feature, now you can grab 4x short, 3x medium and 2x long logs at a time- so the K700 can load a truck in one step and that's quite cool.
And there is a heavy improvement on the hydraulics, it doesn't act like a giant spring anymore, very nice!

The camera... I think it's mach better but it needs to zoom out much more.

I think the trucks feel more realistic, heavier and sluggishly. You have to get used to that but it's better than the old trucks that were bouncing and drifting around.
The missing difflock on the front did surprise me too. Not sure if I like it or not. On the other hand, they improved the damage system.

@Actionjackson These trucks dont have difflock in the front irl. I really like this change becausr i like realism and a challange but would be really cool if you could upgrade the truck to have front diff.

last edited by BlueBirde

@bluebirde said in Guys, this should be a new game and all, but some changes are weird... .:

@Actionjackson These trucks dont have difflock in the front irl. I really like this change becausr i like realism and a challange but would be really cool if you could upgrade the truck to have front diff.

ah i see that totaly fine than, by now it grow on me anyways. feels very good to drive. but realy none of them have front locks?

@actionjackson Im not sure about all of them but UAZ, Kraz and Ural didnt atleast.

@bluebirde said in Guys, this should be a new game and all, but some changes are weird... .:

I would love to see that kind of an option as well. I am also one for realism in games so I get where you are coming from.

so far my biggest complaint, you have no brakes while force accel (cruise control) is turned on unless you take it out of gear or turn it off. i drive with force accel pretty much all the time and i know things are different and need getting used to, but this is one thing that does need fixed imo.

i got take back what i say about the hardcore locks, i love it by now, the new hardcore gameplay is very nice. need teamplay or you drive carriages mostly depending on map.
haveing no locks in the front does work well for gameplay.

the random cars are nice!
the blockposts, at first i hate them, but now i see what they do and its nice, why not it works.

after 4 maps completed in hardcore i can say the new version is nice! i like it!

last edited by Actionjackson

Which trucks have no diff lock in front? diff lock damage always accumulates faster when I switch to AWD, how can this be when the front wheels have no locks?

The block posts make it easier to unlock garages and to support other trucks, because you can get there faster and more directly. On the positive side, that removes waiting times in multiplayer, on the negative side it makes the maps much easier. I'd rather have a spectator cam for multiplayer to keep me busy watching the others while I am waiting than those easier maps.

But then MudRunner seems to be about slow driving more than skillful driving (and that has been the case since Spintires added diff lock damage).

last edited by mendel

@mendel he is talking no front diff with hardcore mode.

@8up-local said in Guys, this should be a new game and all, but some changes are weird... .:

@mendel he is talking no front diff with hardcore mode.

On all of the truck models? I hadn't noticed it. Though I was wondering why sometimes the back wheels were turning faster than the front wheels even with diff lock on; I hadn't noticed the front wheels freewheeling. (And certainly the axle overlay when locking suggests the front wheels are affected, or am I mistaken about that as well?)