Multiplayer is broken !

No one can join any maps game is crashing please fix asap ... keeps saying different version of map or manually add stg file

the map loads then everyones game crashes lobby is fine its when the game connects its not host as we tried 4 different hosts

last edited by A Former User

Happened to me too. the steam forum have the solution posted by a dev :
right click on the game name -> property -> local files -> verify integrity.

It fixed it for me and other peoples.

nope thats not a fix its being doing it since launch so validating the files will not fix it .. it need sorting out asap as many the 14 friends who i have who own the game have the exact same problem ..

My friend and I also have the same problem. Also can't join an existing game from steam chat because of this same error.
verifying integrity of files does not work, as was suggested by someone on the steam forum.

Same here, it's either the games finds barely any multiplayer games (one to two every 10 min) or sends the message that .stg files mismatch... tried reinstalling, validating, nothing works...

Having the same problem, no luck with the fixes that have been posted.

I have deleted media.zip and then checking the integrity of the game and after donwload the file with no luck and even a complete new install dont work ,some maps do works and letme join while others dont.

Unless some distributions of the game are some how older (mayve region related?) than others ppl game and creating this problem i dont have a clue.

well theres been no response from devs regarding this and also everyone on steam forum is going mental people are starting to believe its a repeat from last time .. console seems to be gettting more attention ..

The most reliable fix for this only works if you're steam friends with someone. Host launches completely into game (not just lobby), friends right click on host and Join from desktop (game not running!) This seems to work every time. However, even with this, host has to completely close game after each map before starting a new map or you'll get the error again.

that worked a few times but now it does not work

i deinstalled the old spintires and then it worked for me

Uninstalling old ST didn't help me. I thought about it and it was the first step I've done. The given method form the Russian website is how to play any moded map. Not necessarily a fix that should be provided ASAP by the MR team.

Ok, looks I'm not the only one who encountered map version problem. I can barely find a lobby, by the way. It's quite hard to verify these fixes without opening lobbies. I wonder how many people are playing multiplayer on steam version of this game.

uninstalling spin and mudrunners reinstalled mudrunners same problem cant get a multi game working.
i give up now uninstalled my game untill the fix comes if it ever does

Hello, it's a known issue we're investigating. We have managed to reproduce it and are working on a fix.

alt text

a response finally thankyou !

Just tried MP and it not works for me too 🙂 Says wrong version of map and that I need to copy some file or smthn.
Almost a week is gone so I think that it gets right about time to gather all reported problems and make a first patch.
I really hope that we would not need to wait for first patch for about a month or even longer.
Already many bugs so at least there should be some fast patch to remove just few of them and show us that we not need to worry about game future this time 😉

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

Well, they're busy building said patch. It'll come.

@cosm1c-gam3r said in Multiplayer is broken !:

Just tried MP and it not works for me too 🙂 Says wrong version of map and that I need to copy some file or smthn.
Almost a week is gone so I think that it gets right about time to gather all reported problems and make a first patch.
I really hope that we would not need to wait for first patch for about a month or even longer.
Already many bugs so at least there should be some fast patch to remove just few of them and show us that we not need to worry about game future this time 😉

could not agree more well said