Gang Colour Customisation

Please could you include customisation of gang colours in the game. Being able to customise each gang member would be even better.

I would think this is a safe bet. Necromunda gangs have unique styles, but I've not seen anything that indicates an unique color scheme. They'll be customizable, the question is how extensively. I'm hoping for even moreso than Mordheim.

@detortor said in Gang Colour Customisation:

I would think this is a safe bet. Necromunda gangs have unique styles, but I've not seen anything that indicates an unique color scheme. They'll be customizable, the question is how extensively. I'm hoping for even moreso than Mordheim.

It has to be better than Mordheim's, because while I liked Mordheim a lot and it's near the top of my "most played" on Steam, its customization was lackluster, at best. I mean it was there, but barely. Color selection was adequate - just - but that was it. For a game with roots in a miniatures game, where customizing your guys was half the fun, that was disappointing.

The whole game better be better than mordhiem! I'd prefer game play to be more like Xcom2.

I agree the painting the miniatures what ever colours you wanted, was one of the best part of the original

More like Xcom 2

I hope they really don't do this. It would be the worst possible move ever

I wouldn't say the worst, but aspects would be a step down. I loved how Mordhiem's movement system worked vastly more than X-Com, well general in game mechanics. Where Necromunda could take a page from X-Com is the Campaign and Base Mechanics. They should try to make the map more meaningful, like X-Com, and how research and upgrades were tied to facilities and personel at the home base. Now we're getting away from Customization here, to relate it back, I see territory as something that should be custimizable, similar to X-Com with its modular zones, except instead of having them all at your home base, have mod slots for all territory, as well as a HQ, and have different upgrade paths. We've discussed this before, but yeah, XCom is a good comparison for that side of the game.

But as far as combat, no they certainly should just improve what they have, they should stay away from XCom as far as actual battles.

But another thing they should take a page from XCom is individual customization, you know stuff like Primary Color, secondary, and weapon, more armor variants, faces etc. Though thats really not just an XCom thing, and really they should take it farther and do stuff like choosing Primary/Secondary color per section, ie choose colors for pants/shirt/helmet seperately.

last edited by DeTortor

But as far as combat, no they certainly should just improve what they have, they should stay away from XCom as far as actual battles.

Right on the money. Going for the Xcom way in battle would be a huge downgrade, but i like the idea of needing facilities or territory upgrades to get certain skills, like in Total War. For example, small settlements have 2 construction slots for upgrades (training facilities, defensive upgrades, economy upgrades, garrison bonuses...), medium territories have 3 and your HQ and various settlements have 4 slots. It's something i can get behind.

And for qustomization, i really hope they stick to the theme of "gangsters fighting in an inhospitable enviroment with unreliable weapons". Something that i really want is more hairstyles, face presets and more varied armor looks, but that depends on if they decide to follow the old armor system of Mordheim (none, light, heavy) or go for a more spiced up way.

Armor variants are a pretty easy conversion, None, Flakk, Carapace, though if I recall correctly(which I may not because Necromunda TT was dead before I got interested in it) armor was rarer. Still, for a video game that works pretty well, but there may be other armor types and upgrades that could be added in. I know Shadow War had Camo Gear that made you harder to hit, something like that could work.

Regardless, something I disliked about Mordhiem was how Armor superseded almost all customization. Color choices seemed to be more limited, and variations went out the window. I'd like to see that improved with Armor types, and different options for each. So I guess I disagree that those are mutually exclusive, it can follow Mordheim style and be more spiced up.

There were more armor variants in Necromunda. Aside from Carapace and Flak armour, we also had Mesh armour and Camaleonine. Camaleonine was some sort of camo gear that made it harder for enemies to hit you with ranged attacks, and Mesh armour was an armor that degraded each time you got hit with an initial +5 save. I kinda want to see more armor types outside the typical 3 ones in order to have more variety.

I agree with that, it was very annoying. I Really hope they spice it up not only giving more color customizations but also armor style variants. It would really give us the "feel" that the gangers just fight with whatever they get their hands on instead of always the same armor model.

Right, nothing wrong with different visual models for the same gameplay effect, in fact that's probably better than having visuals and "rules" tied intrinsically together.