Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released

@hatschaping said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@Pointy .

Can you please give me information which rcon library is integrated in your tool?

No library is used, but I used SourceRcon as a guide.

@pointy said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

EDIT: I looked back at the v0.8.0 source and it would appear that the -MapCycle command wasn't getting passed to the server.

I take it from your edit there's not much we can do from our end, just wait for a update?

@fawlty said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

EDIT: I looked back at the v0.8.0 source and it would appear that the -MapCycle command wasn't getting passed to the server.

I take it from your edit there's not much we can do from our end, just wait for a update?

Update is out now. I am pretty sure that the built in program update is broken in v0.8.0 so you will have to download manually. I have updated the first post, with the change list and new screenshots.

I would strongly recommend you backup your current game.ini(s) before starting any local server with the new version, just in case!

I just found out I managed to break the player list on the status page in v0.8.1. 😳 I have already fixed it for the next version. I will put up an update tomorrow, which will also help test if the program updates are working.

Is there any way we can join our own servers through your server assistant, I tried to but when I start sandstorm it just says it's unable to sign in to platform services.

Thanks for the update Pointy

Things are running as they should for what I want out of this except mapcycle. The server loads the correct map when I start but when it's time to advance maps I'm not getting the proper one. I have only checkpoint maps in the cycle and other types of game formats are loading.
I'm running the server on the same machine I'm playing. A easy fix for this is to allow for a higher round limits then just alt tab when we're ready and advance to the next map through the ISS Assistant status page.

As it is, the program does what I need
Thanks
Fawlty

Thanks for the update Pointy

Things are running as they should for what I want out of this except mapcycle. The server loads the correct map when I start but when it's time to advance maps I'm not getting the proper one. I have only checkpoint maps in the cycle and other types of game formats are loading.

Is it passing the -MapCycle option correctly now? If so, do you have map voting enabled? I don't think it respects the map cycle and will allow voting for all maps and game modes.

I'm running the server on the same machine I'm playing. A easy fix for this is to allow for a higher round limits then just alt tab when we're ready and advance to the next map through the ISS Assistant status page.

Why not just use the built in admin menu and save those precious Alt-Tab keys. 😉

@rmt12 said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

Is there any way we can join our own servers through your server assistant, I tried to but when I start sandstorm it just says it's unable to sign in to platform services.

I'm also having this issue @Pointy. Is this due to the way the server is run? (i.e. runs an instance of Sandstorm, exactly like how I needed to get a server key from Steam for my Insurgency dedicated server)

thanks pointy for the app, works perfect,
one thing, i can see how many players there are on the server , but no names show up. did in 8.0

@commando-cat said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

@rmt12 said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

I'm also having this issue @Pointy. Is this due to the way the server is run? (i.e. runs an instance of Sandstorm, exactly like how I needed to get a server key from Steam for my Insurgency dedicated server)

I am not entirely sure what you mean.

The dedicated server is separate from the game and requires no subscription to run. If you are trying to run a server on the same PC, which unless you have a monster machine isn't recommended, I guess you would have to change the ports.

@maribel said in Insurgency Sandstorm Server Assistant Released:

thanks pointy for the app, works perfect,
one thing, i can see how many players there are on the server , but no names show up. did in 8.0

Look up about 5 posts or so ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@pointy But that's the thing... If I run the server first, then try to run Sandstorm, Sandstorm will not start up. The Steam pop-up will appear and say launching Sandstorm, then nothing happens.

If I run Sandstorm first, then try to run the server assistant, when I try to Start the server, It will start to load up, but then after that gives the error message "Server failed to start."

last edited by Commando Cat

@pointy But that's the thing... If I run the server first, then try to run Sandstorm, Sandstorm will not start up. The Steam pop-up will appear and say launching Sandstorm, then nothing happens.

If I run Sandstorm first, then try to run the server assistant, when I try to Start the server, It will start to load up, but then after that gives the error message "Server failed to start."

Maybe ask @Fawlty , if look a few post up is said he is running the server on the same PC. As I said it's not something I have done or would do, as I have a separate PC for hosting my game servers.

EDIT: Just tested it and it worked fine for me. Started server first, then the game, connected using direct IP with the loopback address 127.0.0.1:GamePort

last edited by Pointy

Ok, there might be a trick to it because it didn't work the second time I tried. First , close Steam if it is running and then start the server. Once the server is running start Steam and launch the game.

@pointy Ah shit yes, I remember when I ran my Insurgency server, I had to make sure the server was run BEFORE steam was turned on. Argh. Why didn't I think to try that. Sorry about that Pointy! Thanks for troubleshooting for me! Let me try that out.

EDIT: Nope, Sandstorm still gives me a black screen 😞

In the server log, every 1-3 seconds it gives the line : NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: xxx.xxx.x.xxx:61336 (local IP address of my computer) then after a long while, Sandstorm tells me Connection to server timed out.

My server does appear in Internet games though.

@fawlty how did you get your dedicated server and game to run on the same machine?

@pointy Ah shit yes, I remember when I ran my Insurgency server, I had to make sure the server was run BEFORE steam was turned on. Argh. Why didn't I think to try that. Sorry about that Pointy! Thanks for troubleshooting for me! Let me try that out.

In the server log, every 1-3 seconds it gives the line : NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: xxx.xxx.x.xxx:61336 (local IP address of my computer) then after a long while, Sandstorm tells me Connection to server timed out.

@fawlty how did you get your dedicated server and game to run on the same machine?

How are you connecting? I use the direct IP in the browser server page with 127.0.0.1:27102 and it works perfectly. (Obviously change the port to your server game port )

Sorry about the late response, busy morning, What I did is load the server before starting up Steam.
I ran into the problem of a game dead end screen (can't remember the error msg) only if I had steam running first then ran the server then ran the game.

1. run server
  2. start steam
    3.run game and join your server

I had to reboot my computer once trying to join with some friends on a public server after I had the server running so it is finicky but workable.
Going to host tonight with a few friends so will let you know how it runs, joining solo gives me no reduction in frame rate.

Hope this helps, shout if you need any more explanation.

Pointy, can you give me some info on this "Why not just use the built in admin menu and save those precious Alt-Tab keys. 😉"
What would I need to change the server map while in game. I did this back on the source platform but this is the UT engine as you know.

last edited by Fawlty

Sorry about the late response, busy morning, What I did is load the server before starting up Steam.
I ran into the problem of a game dead end screen (can't remember the error msg) only if I had steam running first then ran the server then ran the game.

1. run server
  2. start steam

I had to reboot my computer once trying to join with some friends on a public server after I had the server running so it is finicky but workable.
Going to host tonight with a few friends so will let you know how it runs, joining solo gives me no reduction in frame rate.

Pointy, can you give me some info on this "Why not just use the built in admin menu and save those precious Alt-Tab keys. 😉"
What would I need to change the server map while in game. I did this back on the source platform but this is the UT engine as you know.

Create an admin list in the app with your 64 bit Steam ID in it. In the game go to the controls>keybinds section, somewhere there is a key bind to open the in game admin menu. From that menu you can change maps.

@pointy

How are you connecting? I use the direct IP in the browser server page with 127.0.0.1:27102 and it works perfectly. (Obviously change the port to your server game port )

@Pointy Thanks pointy! Will try that tonight when I'm home from work. Time zone's slightly different for me here in Singapore. I know i've been typing in just my IP. Probably I missed out my server port, hence it gives me the black screen.

1. run server
  2. start steam

Thanks @Fawlty ! Yeap I am running the server before Steam, the Insurgency dedicated server has the same issue. It's probably me needing to use direct IP with my server's set port to connect instead maybe. How are you connecting to your own game? Using Pointy's method? Or using the server browser?

How are you connecting to your own game
I'm connecting through the in game server browser, had a few friends join tonight, all went well and played every smooth.
Sounds like you have a open port problem.

Don't see any difference joining a public server or hosting my own, ingame frame rate wise.

last edited by Fawlty