Maks so you can reload while running

This is ridiculous in fast paced game where sometimes you must dive in a room with 3 enemies you need to stand still to reload. LMAO Guys, this is not Escape from Tarkov. Please get it together. 3 times today I need to stay and watch how they murder me because there's nothing else to be done.

They try to make it as realistic as possible. Have you tried to full sprint and reload in real life? It's really really hard

@sam_kdr said in Maks so you can reload while running:

They try to make it as realistic as possible. Have you tried to full sprint and reload in real life? It's really really hard

Oh, please do stop with this bullshit. Realistic. Like what? Cooking grenades? Or running on your knees? Or getting shot 4-5 times with a T-Shirt and not dying instantly? And many many more "realistic" things.

And to be honest my problem is not about "realism or not" it's about the tempo of the game. You can't have fast gameplay with slow "realistic" mechanics. Either one or the other.

Its not that big of a deal just walk while you reload. Also, it doesn't take 4 or 5 shots to take someone down.

The game is already fast enough. Realism or not. Sprinting speed and stuff has already been reduced a bit during the Beta. Back then people could run and gun like crazy.
Short answer: No.

What's actually ridiculous is you wanting to make this game fast-paced and explain it with your own ill-advised playstyle. Sure it's no ArmA, but it's no CoD either. If you are one of those guys mindlessly rushing forward, diving into rooms with several enemies, dying in the process, then guess what's wrong.

They want you counting bullets watching your mag and stressing! It's all apart of the feels. I've been killed in reload a lot and 9 times outta 10 I didn't even need to reload. I'm slowly but surely managing my clips better.

@SanGon
There is no situation where you must dive into a room with 3 enemies .. or did i miss a specific gamemode ?
Use the good old "slice the pie tactics" to clear every room without getting shot, even if there are more enemies in a room.
Youtube Video

or this variant of it 😉
Youtube Video

Reload speed is absolutely fine !
You have a secondary sidearm. Use it instead of reloading !

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning said in Maks so you can reload while running:

Use the good old "slice the pie tactics" to clear every room without getting shot, even if there are more enemies in a room.

Minimal penetration room clearing works really well in Insurgency. Especially since you're often alone, or at least not working as a true dynamic team.

Youtube Video

@gsg_9_lightning Nobody is playing Insurgency like that. There are campers but most people are running around. Also what you are saying is OK for Ins2 where you need one hit to kill. In I:S I can't kill the enemy team twice with one mag I can do 1-3 enemies. So if I'm in a fight and kill few enemies and someone push me I can reload or reposition - both cases I'm dead. I need to be able to reposition while reloading because it's a game. And no it's not a realistic game at all sorry to say. It's full of bullshit things that nobody do in real life and gets you killed. But whatever dude. Do whatever you like. The playerbase of 5000 is phenomenal. How much will be playing it in a month because of bullshit mechanics like that? Yesterday some big streamers tried the game - were confused by a lot of the mechanics - can't hear the enemy, can't reload, movement is bad - and never came back to it.

@sangon "This is ridiculous in fast paced game where sometimes you must dive in a room with 3 enemies you need to stand still to reload"

you realize that heads exists right? Or that you have a semi auto function on your m4? Why are you trying to play as if you have infinite ammo? Don't act dumb.

@sangon said in Maks so you can reload while running:

This is ridiculous in fast paced game where sometimes you must dive in a room with 3 enemies you need to stand still to reload.

You don't really have good odds in a 1vs3 situation to begin with. I'm going to claim that your issue is actually about decision making, not some game mechanic.

And to be honest my problem is not about "realism or not" it's about the tempo of the game. You can't have fast gameplay with slow "realistic" mechanics. Either one or the other.

Why not?

Result seems to be that you have to know when you can move fast and when to move slow. I feel it's more dynamic than just going fast or slow all the time.

I admit that reloading took a little to get used to. I sometimes interrupted my reloading because I started to sprint, just to get a "click" when I try to fire the enemy next time 😃

You can also use speed reload in a tight situation, which is a little faster. But nothing helps, if you're in a room with an enemy and you have to reload.

i think the reload mechanics in this game are really great... also, the fact that you have to manage the state of your ammo and mags is something that can stress the player really fast and it's awesome to have this in a shooter where many people just run and gun... those people are going to get screwed at some point, just like in your example where you "entered a room with 3 enemies"... that's a sign this is not as fast paced as you may like it to be.

with that said, the only thing i'm really struggling is with the staged reload mechanics in the situation where you press R and, in the middle of the reload, start sprinting... what happens is that the character pulls the mag out of the gun and you're left with a single bullet in the chamber after you stop sprinting.

i've lost count of how many times i got killed because my reload didn't actually complete without me noticing.

last edited by mart1n1

I'm actually unsure why you're pissed, is it really just because you cannot reload while sprinting, so much so that you call it a bullshit mechanic, and go on to say that Sandstorm is "full of bullshit things"? Do you believe that this scenario - running out of ammo, getting shot - is only happening to you? Anyone running & gunning (as well as anyone else) faces this sooner or later, and you cannot expect to take on hordes of enemies on your own.

My guess is that the middleground Sandstorm aims for - something in between simulation and arcade - just doesn't appeal to everyone, as it is with every single game. I've seen this with Ins2 when i bought a 4pack for friends, and NONE of them continued playing after the first few rounds. Yet there are others with hundreds of hours in it, because they like what it is. I guess you just have to decide if this game is for you or not in case you do not want to decide which fight to take and which to avoid.

@mart1n1 I don't understand so you disagree with me only to agree with me - because the last part of your opinion says exactly what I'm saying.

@feuerholz Umm yeah I get they can have whatever mechanics they want. They program the game. But also as you say and confirm 4 out of 5 players stop playing it after few rounds because of shitty mechanics. I don't see why this should be something positive. It's a game after all better to have fun.

Big streamers tried the game at the start the other day. The more they played the more confused by a lot of the bullshit mechanics they became only to stop playing it. No hearing enemies running 5-10 meters from them, reloading, moving - especially the vaulting is so bad and so slow it just kills you more often than not, but also stucking into random objects on the ground, etc. I don't see the positives of all that but if the goal is to have another game with 1k playerbase - OK.

last edited by SanGon

@mart1n1 I don't understand so you disagree with me only to agree with me - because the last part of your opinion says exactly what I'm saying.

well, actually no.

i said i'm struggling with the staged reload, but that doesn't mean it's a bad mechanic or that i disagree with it being in the game.

i mean, maybe they could make it so that once you press R and your character starts to reload, pressing SHIFT does nothing, so that you can't interrupt the reload progress just because you tried to sprint.

@SanGon The reason what this game and games like Arma make so special is that they are so unconventional. It runs the line in between too much realism and too arcadic.

For instance, one-two shots kill people, you can't run and gun, you don't need to ADS to get the most accuracy...etc. These traits promote realism without being realistic.

Why do you personally play this game? What do you like about this?
Cod, battlefield has the similar style of games while being very fast paced and you can run and reload there.
Seems like Cod and bf are your kinda game.

last edited by sam_KDR

@sangon “Playing aggressively” and “Running into a room full of enemies as you reload like a total idiot” are not the same thing.