So sniping with shotgun is the new meta in Insurgency

Hardcore.

But on not so funny notice how about you make the shotguns OP to 10m and after that the dmg falloff to 99%. M?

Nope, don't make shotguns useless like in other games.

It's not new. They have always been ridiculous in this game. I used it for awhile and the distance you can one shot someone is laughable.

iirc last time i tried to snipe with a shotgun and slugs it was pretty hard cause the slugs have a lot of drop and travel slowly

It's realistic though. IRL they have ammo for shotguns that can kill a dear at 200 Yards.

Deer don't wear body armor. Also, the normal shotgun rounds kill out to 1000 yrds in this game.

Well yeah its been this busted for too long someone needs to change it maybe to 8 meters. Been like that in alpha and in beta

last edited by john edgell

Yeah, it's sad that only shotguns retained Insurgency's signature lethality. Pretty much every other gun needs a buff.

Well I use shotgun a lot because it's a really op gun in this game.
I think it makes sense to make the damage fall off exponentially in distance.

@cyoce guns are lethal, you just have to hit with them

@jensiii They're lethal, but not as lethal. These shotguns would be underpowered in Insurgency Source.

fletchette rounds are too powerful against armor but I like the shotguns, they need some skill to aim and place your shot and are slow firing
The shotguns handle more realistc then in other games. thats what I like so much!
I think snipers are Underpowered they should always kill 1 shot even through heavy armor at high distance (i know not that realistic anymore but for gameplay) because it can be very frustrating hitting a guy with a Mosin/M24 and not killing him ^^

Shotguns are fine.. They don't kill out to 1000 yards. That's a huge exaggeration. You don't even make sniper shots out to 1000 yards. The maps aren't even big enough. Flechette actually has a max effective range of 300 meters which is pretty damn long way. They used it in WW2 to suppress snipers.

last edited by Hossfxr

Of course 1000 yrds was an exaggeration. It doesn't change the fact the shotguns are not accurately depicted in this game. If you don't believe me go lay down like you have a sniper rifle and start shooting at people. You will hit and kill them at ranges that are flat out impossible. I'm not talking about slugs and flachettes rounds. Just the normal shotshells. I've made incredible one shot kills at long distance on the crossing map.

last edited by MLB7

@sangon said in So sniping with shotgun is the new meta in Insurgency:

Hardcore.

But on not so funny notice how about you make the shotguns OP to 10m and after that the dmg falloff to 99%. M?

"But on not so funny"
What?

"M?"
What even is this post?