Mudrunner 2

@kingnightshadow said in Mudrunner 2:

Well I had a time. I stopped my truck from tipping over with the winch, forgot the winch doesn't stay when you change to another vehicle, watched my c255 tumble down the hill on the map downhill.

That's a bad thing to forget.

@kingnightshadow Definitely, multi winch would be a very useful tool in MR2. I would also like not have to go into advanced mode anymore to do different things, because it is troublesome and sometimes annoying. Also the interface is not very clear and sometimes it is very uncomfortable to control various modded vehicles components.

@knight25 also, they should do away with the current system they use for automatic. My dad is a truck driver, his Volvo is automatic and I've rode with him. It has no issues with down shifting like the game does like my God pick a gear!

I doubt anyone in dev is reading this, but just in case they are I hope they also add real dashboards in MR2, like many of the modded trucks already have in MR1, + functioning gauges which modders can't provide because the game doesn't support them. And a realistic looking winch rope (not a 2D sprite), and less chunky mud would be nice. And I agree snow & dynamic weather would be awesome.

@justinlynch3 i abandoned gtao because of the prices. I don't have enough time to grind for cash and im not paying real money for in game money. It would be interesting to see a career mode but I like the way it is now. Just, needs polishing and larger maps. Like 2-3 times larger. As well as a mode so you can spawn in any vehicle you want on console lol I've been doing custom challenges. Like hauling the 8x8's on the trailer and only a few maps can even have both trucks at the sane time

Yea some prices are high. A lot of the time I just log on and do some stuff while screwing around, but hey even I make like a 100k out of a play session (which takes no time) I'm happy. So what if it takes a few months to get a car that way? In most race classes older and cheaper cars like the Zentorno still hold up well enough, so not like you need everything day 1.

That said I do I agree Rockstar has let their greed blind them, I certainly wouldn't want that kind of pricing model in Mudrunner. But as I said, a more balanced system in regards of pricing might not be bad.

Currency in of itself isn't bad, it's how the dev's implement it that would make it good or bad.

Having goals in a game and something to work towards can greatly extent a games life. It's when dev's push that to far however is when things turn bad.

@knight25 also, they should do away with the current system they use for automatic. My dad is a truck driver, his Volvo is automatic and I've rode with him. It has no issues with down shifting like the game does like my God pick a gear!

Trucks upshift well enough, main problem is that auto is not programmed to downshift. A truck in auto will run until it stalls then return to 1st gear. Why they programmed it this way I have no idea.

@justinlynch3 said in Mudrunner 2:

Trucks upshift well enough, main problem is that auto is not programmed to downshift. A truck in auto will run until it stalls then return to 1st gear. Why they programmed it this way I have no idea.

Lazy coding. There are situations where you'd want to drop to 1st, especially when you get bogged down in a mud hole. But the devs didn't take the time to consider other cases, like going up a paved road. What bugs me more is that even after all these months since putting this "feature" in, they refuse to fix it or even talk about it. Luckily I have a manual shifter now.

last edited by Unster

@unster I've been having issues with the manual shift on Xbox. It hates first gear for some reason

@unster I'd love to have a realistic interior and working dash, it would make first person better. Another thing that would be great is a way to return the camera perfectly forward while in cockpit view

@unster said in Mudrunner 2:

Lazy coding. There are situations where you'd want to drop to 1st, especially when you get bogged down in a mud hole. But the devs didn't take the time to consider other cases, like going up a paved road. What bugs me more is that even after all these months since putting this "feature" in, they refuse to fix it or even talk about it. Luckily I have a manual shifter now.

If I feel my truck is going to stall on a paved hill then I just lock it into 1+ gear. On most vehicles 1+ seems to equal to about 3rd or 4th gear, so it's not to terribly slow.

@justinlynch3
Yeah I tried that before I got the manual shifter. It wasn't cutting it for me. It's far too easy to have the automatic downshift to 1 before I have a chance to downshift to 1+.

Another thing that should be added, a higher difficulty for maps. I like goofing around and would love to have both 8x8 trucks in one map without it having to be daeluge.

Yea some prices are high. A lot of the time I just log on and do some stuff while screwing around, but hey even I make like a 100k out of a play session (which takes no time) I'm happy. So what if it takes a few months to get a car that way? In most race classes older and cheaper cars like the Zentorno still hold up well enough, so not like you need everything day 1.

That said I do I agree Rockstar has let their greed blind them, I certainly wouldn't want that kind of pricing model in Mudrunner. But as I said, a more balanced system in regards of pricing might not be bad.

Currency in of itself isn't bad, it's how the dev's implement it that would make it good or bad.

Having goals in a game and something to work towards can greatly extent a games life. It's when dev's push that to far however is when things turn bad.

Totally agree with ya. It would add a goal to work towards. Currently, after playing for so much time Spintires & Mudrunner, I got tired of goofing around. I think I basically did everything that can be done in this game and tried every mod out there. If Mudrunner 2 does not have a structured goal with a currency system and all that (Story would be awesome), I really doubt I'll do the same again just because it packs whatever new features or graphics in it.
I really need Objectives as part of a story or a bigger thing. I don't like games where you have to play just because.

Then you can always keep the "Sandbox Mode" where players that don't like Currencies etc, can keep doing what they're doing.

last edited by deathcoreboy1

Im hold off a long while before getting mudrunner 2. See if it's anything new first

@kingnightshadow Waiting for at least a month after MR2 release is a good idea. And this does not apply only to games in this series, but actually all games nowadays.
Of course, if on the day of the premiere MR2 will be phenomenal 😲 , I will be happy to buy it on the first day.

@knight25 same here, but if it looks like a slightly polished mudrunner with slightly changed maps and slightly changed physics. I'll pass for a bit.

@kingnightshadow Yes. I'm hoping they use a whole new or reworked engine. I'll never support developers reusing the same engine and calling the game a sequel. If it's the same engine then it's just an expansion of the same game. That's it.