InsurgencyClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Application Error (0xc000007b)

Hello guys,
I played the alpha on my old pc, meanwhile i bought a new one literally yesterday and today i checked that the beta was starting and run to install it although this error appears, i dont know why.

InsurgencyClient-Win64-Shipping.exe - Application Error (0xc000007b)
0_1533831863243_insserror.png
0_1533832698149_insserror2.png

I verified integrity of game files on steam;
Drivers are updated;
Reinstalled the game.
still no fix, altough, no problems on other games whatsoever.

I'm running a i5-8600k, nvidea1080 8gb, 16gb ram.

If you have some information I would be very happy to ear from you soon,
if you need more info about something just say, i'll be in touch.

David Soli Ruivo

last edited by SolipampZ

Hey man,

I actually stumbled upon this while looking up a problem that I'm having, but maybe I can help. If you type in 'firewall' in the start menu, and select 'Allow an app through Windows firewall', scroll down the list and make sure there are 2 entries for 'Insurgency Sandstorm'. One of them is the steamapps\common\sandstorm\InsurgencyEAC.exe, the other is steamapps\common\sandstorm\insurgency\binaries\win64\insurgencyclient-win64-shipping.exe. The second one is the one you're getting an error on, and I bet for some reason you don't have the firewall entry for it.

A. UPDATE WINDOWS 10

1. Click the Windows Start button > Settings.
  2. Click Update & Security.
  3. Click on the Check for updates button from Windows Update.

B. UPDATE OR REPAIR MICROSOFT DIRECTX:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
  2. Right click on Insurgency: Sandstorm and click Properties.
  3. Click on the LOCAL FILES tab and click on the BROWSE LOCAL FILES... button.
  4. Open _CommonRedist > DirectX > Jun2010 and run DXSETUP.exe application.

C. INSTALL OR REPAIR MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ REDISTRIBUTABLE:

4. Open _CommonRedist > vcredist > 2015.
  5. run vc_redist.x64.exe application.
  6. run vc_redist.x86.exe application.

D. CONFIGURE THE GAME IN ADMINISTRATOR MODE AT STARTUP:

4. Open Insurgency > Binaries > Win64.
  5. Right click on InsurgencyClient-Win64-Shipping.exe application > Properties.
  6. Click Compatibility tab.
  7. Check Run this program as an administrator and click OK.
last edited by FHI HelpDesk

THE ABOVE FIX DOES NOT WORK.

I have the exact same issue. Purchased and downloaded Sandstorm last night, no launch due to 0xc000007b error.

Ive reinstalled all redist packages, even ran the UE4 prerequisite package to no avail. Deleted binary folders and verified, still no dice. This problem needs to be sorted out asap or else sandstorm is going to have a lot of refunds.

Please fix this!!! Really wanna be playing this game we've all paid for!!!!

So for me the windows update worked. The same error was on the windows system build 17XX and i updated it to system build version 1803. Then error did not occur again.

0_1544947622318_1231231.jpg
I have a problem! How to fix?

I have the problem, but...
0_1547299336512_d74dfff1-9569-49ba-9367-8af5cf7012af-image.png
The game (InsurgencyClient-Win64-Shipping.exe" say the "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" don't exists... so, I have reinstall all, Windows Update... all... how I can fixit???

This game was a gift (for a friend) and I can not use it ...

Greetings, dear developers!
Yesterday, when starting the game, there was such a problem. I tried all of the above options. The error continues to appear. Additionally, I did it: I turned off the system firewall, returned the default settings for the GPU, and reset the settings of the vedeo driver. What are your assumptions that this could be?2020-04-11_17-16-10.png