Why don´t we get any Developers feedback on reported bugs or suggestions that are made in this Forum ?

Developers Feedback has always been important for the community.

I cannot remember any thread here in the Sandstorm Forum where a software developer of NWI posted something like ( for example ) :

• Yes, thank you for your finding
  • Noticed, good suggestion !
  • Will put it on the to do list
  • Acknowledged
  • confirmed and working on it

or something like :

• no we don´t want this
  • that is not the way we want the game to go

Alexbronski is the only one who comments here and he is not even a software programmer as far as i know and doesnt really count as a member of the software developers team.
Please don´t get me wrong. He is doing a great job as a community manager but he cannot give us sufficient information about the intentions of the developers.

So my question to the developers :
Do you guys have too much work to do or do you just have no interest in what we write here ?
Many of us are investing a lot of time in this forum and i have the impression that we are completely ignored.

Steam Forums get more attention of NWI, although steam is just a gaming platform for buying, organizing and modding games.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

I have to agree with OP, the lack of response and/or feedback from NWI about the status of the many many bugs that have been reported by members of the community is disheartening.

Personally I don't have to get replies from NWI developers themselves, they are probably already overwhelmed with work by the many post-release bugs as it is. But at least the community/communication person at NWI could be more pro-active in communicating with the community, letting us know what is going on on a regular basis... I mean, if the game was close to bug free such comm's could happen less frequently but in the state the game is currently in with the many bugs and performance problems for so many players I would recommend NWI to assign one dedicated person to roam the different forums and start weekly communication reports so we the community know what the hell is going on and what we can expect. At the moment I miss the sense of urgency at NWI to fix the many problems the game still has post release and I fear if this continues for long the reviews will start to reflect that.

Being left in the dark is the main reason I stopped updating this massive bug report thread that I'd started on the Steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/0/1743353798885049239/ ... many of these bugs still exist, they are numbered for easy tracking but apart from 1 dev reply I have no idea what NWI is doing with all of these bug reports, let alone if they know they even exist and/or are actively working on them.

Since I've stopped with that thread I have seen many new bugs popping up post release; players skating around instead of walking, hands missing, weapon and now also footstep sounds cutting out, comm rose commands not working, new anti-aliasing problem with white outlines, etc. but as said because of previously mentioned reasons I don't feel like reporting them at the moment anymore, not unless NWI improves their communication with the (bug reporting) community.

Lastly, I would like to see a Development Roadmap back ... just like we had with the previous Insurgency on Trello. That could help as well.

last edited by Valerian

Hi there,

The development team are developing the game, and have dedicated people to talk to the communities for them. That said, it's difficult for us to respond to every single bug to say that they've been noticed. If you don't get a reply, it's safe to assume that we've seen it and passed it along to the developers. Please rest assured that we do read every post that is made here.

@iyagovos thank you for the answer.

Maybe you guys could upvote the posts as a sign: "We have read this and passed it on" or something like this, instead of answering the post.

@jensiii That's a good suggestion, and is something i'll ask people to start doing 🙂

@gsg_9_lightning I've had many posts that have been commented on or upvoted by some moderator, like Iyagovos. It's definitely not every post, but from what I've heard the Devs actually read all of these lmao.

1.) Not one NWI employee is able to make such off-hand statements as soon as you throw some words at them via your anonymous account on the forums. It takes meetings, testing, more meetings etc. to decide on even simple things.

2.) You are entitled if you think that NWI or any developer/public figure has a duty to answer to your anonymous internet ravings, regardless if reading them in detail and silence is useful to them or not.

3.) If you weren't entitled already, NWI or any public figure constantly addressing anonymous internet ravings, and thus setting such precedence, would make everyone entitled to their attention and thus a wave of whining and complaining would start as soon as NWI would start running out of public relations resources to address everything or when they start making innocent errors in their statements because they didn't go through a series of meetings and testing before making decisions and making their statements about them.

Making as few statements and appearances as possible is PR 101 type of thing when dealing with a large group of people. That's the case for many reasons, not the smallest one being that eventually that group of people might grow too large to address at all outside of official media statements.

@pakislav said in Why don´t we get any Developers feedback on reported bugs or suggestions that are made in this Forum ?:

1.) Not one NWI employee is able to make such off-hand statements as soon as you throw some words at them via your anonymous account on the forums. It takes meetings, testing, more meetings etc. to decide on even simple things.

I agree with you that people shouldn't of course expect instant response.

I didn't get the feeling that OP was about getting an instant response. I thought it was more about just getting some sort of "reaction" at some point. I have written long feedback posts like the AI one I did. Spent around 10+ hours testing, writing notes and putting that together. I still have no idea if the devs have read it or not.

So I spent have a lots of time to give feedback, but I have no certainty that it has even been noticed at all. Maybe someone has read it, maybe not. Currently there's no way to know.

2.) You are entitled if you think that NWI or any developer/public figure has a duty to answer to your anonymous internet ravings, regardless if reading them in detail and silence is useful to them or not.

They don't have a duty to answer anyone unless the person was hired by the company to do so. So you're right that people are not at all entitled to any response.

But I'm sure NWI could greatly benefit from acknowledging high quality feedback. How do you think acknowledging feedback could help the devs in the long run?

3.) If you weren't entitled already, NWI or any public figure constantly addressing anonymous internet ravings, and thus setting such precedence, would make everyone entitled to their attention and thus a wave of whining and complaining would start as soon as NWI would start running out of public relations resources to address everything or when they start making innocent errors in their statements because they didn't go through a series of meetings and testing before making decisions and making their statements about them.

Again, your're right that no one is entitled to any kind of response.

And the devs shouldn't answer to every bit of feedback. Because every feedback does not have value. We have seen that already. There are good thorough posts and then there are "this sux change it"-type of posts and everything in between.

Acknowledging high quality feedback could be a way to reinforce and encourage that type of behaviour.

Making as few statements and appearances as possible is PR 101 type of thing when dealing with a large group of people. That's the case for many reasons, not the smallest one being that eventually that group of people might grow too large to address at all outside of official media statements.

The companies that are able to handle this challenge will stand out in the age of customer service while others fall into mediocrity.

last edited by jensiii