Dedicated Server Issues / Bugs

Hello,

Our community currently runs a few dedicated servers and have come across several issues / bugs that we would like to bring to your attention.

1. Server latency starts to slowly increase with player count. When the server hits max slots (32), the latency will be ~20 - 40 ms higher compared to when the server was empty. Joining another that is server empty on the same VM, the latency is normal with no spike. This is consistent across all servers.
  2. The server will kick half the server with the message: You have been kicked by the host. This happens on occasion and everyone is able to join again.
  3. The server will load the next map and no one can join, everyone stops loading at 95%. This happens on occasion and is fixed by restarting the server.
  4. The server will change to game modes / maps that are not on the list cycle. For example, we will have a push only server and it will for some reason go to co-op and show 25 players out of 8 slots available even though it was not on the map vote, it can also sometimes go to Skirmish. The happens on occasion and is fixed by restarting the server.

VM Specifications:
CPU: 4 vCPU (Intel Xeon Gold 6140 @ 3.70GHz)
Memory: 8GB

These are some of the issues we have encountered so far and I'll update if more arise. I can also provide server logs for 5 of the servers we have up if needed, I don't want to post it here as it contains player's IP addresses.

Thank you for your time,
Covert

last edited by Covert_

so true even with the 95 procent bug 🙂 thats the biggest one i think the biggest one that is anoying 😉

Hey @Covert_,

Could you let me know if you've updated the scenario names, please?

@Iyagovos,

I listed below our map cycle for each game mode and launch command:

Push Servers:

Launch Command:
./Insurgency/Binaries/Linux/InsurgencyServer-Linux-Shipping
Oilfield?Scenario=Scenario_Refinery_Push_Security?MaxPlayers=32
-Port=27102
-QueryPort=27131
-MapCycle=MapCycle
-hostname="Server Name"

MapCycle.txt

Scenario_Crossing_Push_Insurgents