Suggestion: Pulling over walls / fences

Like in Far Cry games. I think would be great for the game. A lot more movement options, environment feeling more alive.

When wearing armor, a chest rig, and carrying a rifle I put serious consideration into any ledge that's higher than about 3 feet. If it's above my head? Forget about it, I'm going around or finding stairs.

I'm sure there are soldiers out there who can do it, but fuck it's hard. And it certainly wouldn't be fast.

@maa_bunny Okay they can disable it if you put a backpack. I'm not using backpacks in game I don't believe the avrg. time to live is enough to justify it.

Or are we again going the "realism" path? Because that's funny. It's a game. It should be fun. Nobody cares how many pushups you can do. Most of the players barely have the power to move the mouse.

@sangon said in Suggestion: Pulling over walls / fences:

Or are we again going the "realism" path? Because that's funny. It's a game.

It is a game, but it's one that's intended to be relatively realistic. Soldiers wearing 40+ pounds of gear simply don't pull themselves up over high ledges.

It is a game, but it's one that's intended to be relatively realistic.

LMAO

There's nothing realistic in this game. It's a game. Games can't be realistic because one simple rule - you don't risk your life. And games are to be fun. Or else they are training sims.

@sangon Because the game can't literally kill me, it's no more realistic than HALO? Sure man, whatever.

The point of the game is to stick a little closer to reality than most fast-paced shooters. If you can't understand that, you may not be the game's target audience.

@sangon said in Suggestion: Pulling over walls / fences:

LMAO

There's nothing realistic in this game. It's a game. Games can't be realistic because one simple rule - you don't risk your life. And games are to be fun. Or else they are training sims.

There is still a certain limit for believability for each individual playing the game.

What if I find dragons funny and want dragons in the game? 🐲

My argument is the same as yours. It doesn't matter because games can't be realistic anyways. Why can't dragons be added to the game?

Don't get me wrong, it's really good that you have ideas and you're suggesting things.

I'm thinking how often would this be of actual use in situations in the game? Could this mechanic just be a frustration (some people are already frustrated by vaulting)?

Sure this could be an added mobility option for choosing no armor and smaller weapon! 🙂 But I can't see every player character doing this.

Squad pulls this off effortlessly and it feels damn great. Sort of has the DOOM parkour fluidity vibe, but slower of course.