Molotov Insta-Kills by Bots: We need to talk

This has been brought before, but doesn't seem to be have adressed in the last update.

Bots literally snipe you from miles away without a line of sight. Through Smoke.

But not only that, even when under heavy fire, they refuse to seek cover and when in doubt, torch the static attacker while dying.

This is not only unrealistic, but very unrewarding and frustrating in terms of gameplay. Please think about decreasing bot thowing accuracy even further or ristricting aggresive use of molotovs to line of sight targets (or targets that left line of sight a few seconds ago).

last edited by Ryuk47

If Molotovs are going to explode on contact instead of bouncing off, you should at least have a chance to prone and smother the flames before dying (like in BFV).

The bots I encounter are dummies. Their aim is poor and give you plenty of chances to shoot back before landing a hit. Even with your back turned they'll still miss a few rounds, giving you a chance to turn around and react.

I think it ads to the excitement when you get nearly missed by an explosive. Love a rocket whizzing by your head or a near miss running from a clinking grenade. The problem with Molotov with pin point accuracy is really the lack of warning. It would be nice to see some bot fails of hitting windows and above door ways and screaming in agony as they burn their own team like we often do.

@splatttt said in Molotov Insta-Kills by Bots: We need to talk:

I think it ads to the excitement when you get nearly missed by an explosive. Love a rocket whizzing by your head or a near miss running from a clinking grenade. The problem with Molotov with pin point accuracy is really the lack of warning. It would be nice to see some bot fails of hitting windows and above door ways and screaming in agony as they burn their own team like we often do.

Exactly. A grenade bouncing off the environment gives you enough time to gtfo of that room. Molotovs are the silent killers that get hurled through the air just to instantly make the player die in agony without any possibility to counteract besides possibly seeing the incoming bottle.
In addition to my priorly proposed changes I'd like it so that molotovs will no longer insta-kill thge player damage wise, but reduce their health significantly while staying in the flames, like a more extreme version of how CS:GO handles fire.

I think the problem is that people think theyre safe when they dont have sight on an opponent when the truth is that they can be molotoved, now I think the degree of accuracy should be a bit variable but for the most part id almost say its great how it is now.