having the ability to save game on proving grounds

i would like to have this be put in the game cause i sometimes forget the trucks i have on the proving grounds map so if you guys added the ablity to sae the game it would be awesome

I'm not sure that it would be a good idea and I will explain why.

Personally whenever I get a new modded truck from Steam Workshop or whatever I first test it out on the Proving Grounds. On many occasions I decide that I don't like it and simply quit the game and delete it.

Now if whenever you quit the Proving Grounds the game will save your trucks and then you delete one of them - what would happen when you return?

I must confess that I never loaded a regular game map with a truck, deleted it afterwards and then tried to continue playing that map, but at least for the Proving Grounds I do appreciate that it's a reset.

Sure, it's a bit annoying when you lose trucks you'd rather keep testing, but it seems safe for testing trucks you might not keep afterwards.

I do know that you can remove trucks from the Proving Grounds using the tools provided but maybe you either forget or if you are a new player might not know about it.

All of the above being said, if you are presented with a dialogue option whenever you quit the Proving Grounds asking whether to save and warning of deleting the trucks before reloading them I'm all for it, why not.

@xenorad said in having the ability to save game on proving grounds:

I'm not sure that it would be a good idea and I will explain why.

Personally whenever I get a new modded truck from Steam Workshop or whatever I first test it out on the Proving Grounds. On many occasions I decide that I don't like it and simply quit the game and delete it.

Now if whenever you quit the Proving Grounds the game will save your trucks and then you delete one of them - what would happen when you return?

I must confess that I never loaded a regular game map with a truck, deleted it afterwards and then tried to continue playing that map, but at least for the Proving Grounds I do appreciate that it's a reset.

Sure, it's a bit annoying when you lose trucks you'd rather keep testing, but it seems safe for testing trucks you might not keep afterwards.

I do know that you can remove trucks from the Proving Grounds using the tools provided but maybe you either forget or if you are a new player might not know about it.

All of the above being said, if you are presented with a dialogue option whenever you quit the Proving Grounds asking whether to save and warning of deleting the trucks before reloading them I'm all for it, why not.

I think the game would just quit to the main menu with a message saying "unable to load save game, mod missing or broken" or something along those lines. That's what happens to normal maps as far as I know.