SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

@branathon said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

@a-slice-of-pizza

I just downloaded your 1.8.1 version to play spintires (not interested in the editor) I selected the correct mudrunner file location, hit apply and ok, and it seems to not be working, game is launching but there is no mod options in the settings menu as shown in the video in the beginning of this thread.

Make sure you are installing STM to the C:/Program Files(x86) folder and no where else.

While it is great that the new version will let me actually load maps into editor, it still will not allow steeper terrain like previous versions of STM. It will flatten out steep terrain.

Edit 8/12/18: For some reason unknown to me after a day the steep terrain now loads properly and not flat...

last edited by Berylz

STM latest version
Changes in v1.8.2:

• Updated the current supported version of the editor to 2.12.18

Hey, last time I used Spintires Mod a long time ago and now I'd like to play with tracked vehicles a bit, but apparently they are not supported anymore? Is it true? If so, why?

@knight25 tracked vehicle support is in the newest update.
__the newest ver 1.8.2 with the 12/23/2018 post date is the most current
https://stmods.ru/spintires_mudrunner/materials_for_game/spintiresmod_exe_by_alexnez_for_mudrunner/
__SpinTiresMod.exe version 1.8.2 (dated 12/07/2018) for Spintires: MudRunner (v18 / 10/18) [is the title]
__Uploaded: Silent December 23, 2018 at 6:59
__Posted: December 23, 2018 at 8:20
__[this is on the description page bottom right]
hope this helps, i have No issues with oversize and extra height set-ups. the verticals are quite good actually. However, it will take forever to rebuild terrain. i've found that when raising the height (use the dropdown) the first thing to do is rebuild the terrain, before moving on. it will act weird until you do..
_Rufus

So, I don't know if it's just me, or something I somehow messed up on installing this, but I'm not getting the "Advanced Options" show up in Settings as before, my game just updated itself to vers.19/11/18.

The game's folder itself doesn't show any signs of said mod, and I've launched the game from SpinTiresMod, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted SpinTiresMod and downloaded a new copy with no dice, anyone have any idea on this?

@tlcruiser100s The game update has it messed up. Someone will have to revise the mod for it to work.

After this last update If I launch mudrunner through steam or a desktop shortcut there are no dev tools or advanced options, BUT if I launch through stm it DOES still work.

@a-slice-of-pizza said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

That's how it works

Never had an issue with it not working when launching the game directly from the shortcut or through steam....

@brazz989 said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

After this last update If I launch mudrunner through steam or a desktop shortcut there are no dev tools or advanced options, BUT if I launch through stm it DOES still work.

See, that's what I did by launching it through STM but it's still not working for me, though before I always launched it through Steam and never had issues with the mod not showing up.

Instead of complaining to other modders, why don’t you complain to the original creator*? I mean there is almost no one in the spintires community that knows anything about spintires mod as much as AlexNez himself. No wonder modders like me get so sick and tired of the community.

Don’t comment, and start a fight. Just read.

@riskywisky i thought AlexNez basicly just tweaked (or revamped if you will) the original Spintires mod created by LocalHost from my understanding.

last edited by A Former User

new game patch and new STM patch. but the Advanced mode doesn't show in Settings. any idea's to fix it

last edited by dragonb1988

@dragonb1988 said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

new game patch and new STM patch. but the Advanced mode doesn't show in Settings. any idea's to fix it

We're gonna have to wait for a new version unfortunately.

So i fixed the "Advanced" not showing up by manually copying the 4GigPatched file to my mudrunner folder. It seems like his latest installer doesn't copy those files over for you.

@pix3lmonkey said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

So i fixed the "Advanced" not showing up by manually copying the 4GigPatched file to my mudrunner folder. It seems like his latest installer doesn't copy those files over for you.

So which file is it exactly?