American Wilds Update 27/12/2018

Hello everyone!

Today, we’re happy to launch a patch on PC, featuring bug fixes and gameplay improvements. As usual, please don’t hesitate to leave your feedback or ask us any questions you may have with regards to the changes.

You can find the full changelist below:

Bug fixes

• Conflict between controller and mouse in fullscreen fixed.
  • Multiple mesh/texture issues corrected (new trucks, houses, addons)
  • Minor fixes to some of the truck attributes (suspension, mass properties)

Improvements

• Behaviour of 4x4 scout vehicles in the mud improved: smaller vehicles are more off-road capable now and more stable in mud
  • Visual improvements to USA maps.
  • Minor improvements to some of the addons (platform with loader is now longer)
  • Some visual improvements: "birch" trees have now brown bark
  • Modifications to new USA maps : additional routes added, and only 1 instead of 2 fuel stations are now available per map, making them more challenging and requiring more strategic thinking.

Happy holidays to you all!

The MudRunner Team

last edited by Jellyfoosh

@crunky-trunks The team is still hard at work on the console version! We'll share with you more info as soon as possible!

Awesome, thank you! Looking forward to testing the updates later today. But no fix for the disappearing / appearing logs (when packing & unpacking)?

Hi,

Is there a plan to bring chat to nintendo switch version?

Thanks!
HNY!

@chaton said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

Behaviour of 4x4 scout vehicles in the mud improved: smaller vehicles are more off-road capable now and more stable in mud

Does this generally apply to all such vehicles in the game?

i noticed russian maps have little more color to them, is this my mind playing tricks or u guys improved it?

@zamal No, the Russian-style maps still look the same to me.

I'd say this update is quite worthless. Nothing of significance got fixed:

• Force feedback is still dead unless the wheel is turned off and on in the controls menu.
  • Bison is still missing front suspension.
  • D-538 is still very under-powered (yet some of the new vehicles like the F-150 are overpowered).
  • B-66 still has horrible wheel clipping issues with the fuel-barrel bed.
  • Long log carrier still has bad clipping with the rope and logs, and the logs are floating on the right side.
  • B6-A fuel trailer still has the lettering on the right side going in & out.
  • Logs are still disappearing when loads are dropped.

On the plus side, I see the WesternStar interior looks a little nicer now, in line with the other new semis.

last edited by Unster

@unster said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

• Force feedback is still dead unless the wheel is turned off and on in the controls menu.

Hello!
It just got to our attention that force feedback was indeed completely broken, hehe!
Thank you for bearing this, next patch will fix that! (and improve force feedback behaviour in general too)

Next patch will further improve light vehicles performance, which I think is one of the most important things patches can do at this point, given the amout of said vehicles in workshop.

Best regards,
Pavel

@pavel
Do you guys not read the bug forum on this site? The force feedback issue has been posted for months. Same for the other issues. It would be in your interest to look at the posted bugs. Some of us players are like your QA working for free.

I do agree the light vehicle physics could use some more polishing. I feel the issue is that light vehicles are pushed to the sides too much by minor bumps in the road. It's particularly an issue on paved roads where I'd expect more traction. Even large vehicles seem to have excessive wheel spin on paved roads.

@pavel said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

@unster said in American Wilds Update 27/12/2018:

Hello!
It just got to our attention that force feedback was indeed completely broken, hehe!
Thank you for bearing this, next patch will fix that! (and improve force feedback behaviour in general too)

Next patch will further improve light vehicles performance, which I think is one of the most important things patches can do at this point, given the amout of said vehicles in workshop.

Best regards,
Pavel

Hopefully said patch finds its way to the consoles where it's really needed. We can play with any number of vehicles that have better mud traction on pc, the consoles need the better performing stock vehicles more.

I haven't noticed any difference in mud traction with this update. I think it's adequate. If anything I'd like to see greater likelihood of getting stuck in the mud with no creeping forward, as the tires dig deeper and sink the vehicle. It's the pavement traction that needs work. Pavement behaves like it's partly covered in snow.

Did you guys change the steering wheel in the Ford LTL? I feel it's more in your face now and partly blocking the view. The other new semis have smaller steering wheels.

BTW, I like the new dashboard in the Western Star, especially some of the buttons and levers. They give the dashboard a bit more of a 3D, polished look. The other semis could also use better dashboard textures / meshes.

Another old bug I still see, though this one is pretty minor, is that the tachometer seems to show engine load rather than engine speed. Engine speed does not increase with engine load with a manual transmission.

last edited by Unster

key board control: still no brakes while using force accel (cruise control) when driving the bigger trucks.

reported this right after release over a year ago with many replies of it being reported back to the devs and being looked at, but still no fix or answer about it.

@chaton
bugfix so far so good.

but what about the bugs:

• missing driveshaft on the F150
  • no working lights on the cranes
  • wrong mesh on the Freightliner Crane (the two fins on the crane are not collidable)

Are the devs sometimes reading the bugs they are reported here???

last edited by Eversman

I think it does not do well for the reliability and credibility of the devs and publisher, whenever they say from time to time that they have familiarized themselves with the reported problem, the bug etc and nothing is done.
Because of all this, my hopes for MR2 are still falling and worries are growing 😟
Something like a big overhaul update fixing and correcting everything would be ideal, but what are the chances?