[PC] Waiting for answer from server/Internal server error/the internet connection was lost, trying to re-connect

Hi,

Game was working fine last night, played some multiplayer games. Woke up and all I keep getting is "waiting for answer from server," then "internal server error," finally "the internet connection was lost, trying to re-connect."

Haven't change any settings when this started happening. Then I tried to do some troubleshooting found on similar topics, still not working.

Need help.

game000.log: link text
management.log: link text

Edit: (update)

So the first issue is apparently the infinite login loop. Got that covered.

However, can't still logon to the servers for multiplayer. I can only play offline. Is a tracert necessary?

I'm not encountering issues or lag when I play FFXIV/WoW/LoL so I doubt that the problem is on my end. But I'm willing to look given the proper guidance.

last edited by BoomShakalak
Focus Team

Please remove and/or add Blood Bowl 2 in Windows Firewall:

1. Open Windows Firewall.
  2. Click 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall'.
  3. Click the button 'Change settings'.

If Blood Bowl 2 is displayed under 'Allowed apps and features:', please remove the game.
To remove the game, click 'Blood Bowl 2' and click the button 'Remove' then click the button 'Yes'.

Then add manually Blood Bowl 2 in Windows Firewall.
There are two applications to add: 'BloodBowl2' and 'BloodBowl2_DX_32':

1. Click the button 'Allow another app...'.
  2. Click the button 'Browse...' under 'Add an app'.
  3. Select the application 'BloodBowl2' from 'Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl 2' and click the button 'Open'.
  4. Click the button 'Network types...'.
  5. Check 'Private' and 'Public' and click the button 'OK'.
  6. Click the button 'Add'.
  7. Click the button 'Allow another app...'.
  8. Click the button 'Browse...' under 'Add an app'.
  9. Select the application 'BloodBowl2_DX_32' from 'Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl 2' and click the button 'Open'.
  10. Click the button 'Network types...' under 'Add an app'.
  11. Check 'Private' and 'Public' and click the button 'OK'.
  12. Click the button 'Add'.
  13. Click the button 'OK' to close Windows Firewall.
  14. Run the game and test.

Did as asked.

1. Put my user name, password and press enter;
  2. Seems to get past that "cabal vision spell channeling";
  3. Then it goes "waiting for answer from server";
  4. Then it says "internal server error";
  5. When I press esc to check my profile status is: "disconnected from game server."

Still can't logon to my account. Is this account related? Should I try to make a new account? Would deleting my account help?

Also tried:

1. https://steamcommunity.com/app/236690/discussions/1/135514151379061987/
  2. https://steamcommunity.com/app/236690/discussions/1/135508398034255993/

Also doesn't work.

Focus Team

Please reset the Steam Cloud storage for Blood Bowl 2:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
  2. Right click on 'Blood Bowl 2' and click 'Properties'.
  3. Click the tab 'UPDATES'.
  4. Uncheck 'Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Blood Bowl 2' under 'Steam Cloud'.
  5. Click the button 'CLOSE'.
  6. Open 'Windows Explorer' or 'File Explorer' from the taskbar.
  7. Click 'Documents' and rename the folder 'BloodBowl2'.
  8. Run Blood Bowl 2.
  9. Enter the login and the password of your BB2 account.

NOTE:
The Steam Cloud for Blood Bowl 2 will be automatically re-enabled.
Click the button 'UPLOAD TO STEAM CLOUD' from 'LOCAL FILES' under 'Steam - Cloud Sync Conflict'.

This doesn't work either.

After following the instructions, I've already re-uploaded the new save/profile to steam. I'm still getting the same internal error.

I'm at a loss. I was able to play multiplayer games and then suddenly I can't logon to my account the next morning.

Additional observations:

1. After I input my password it goes to the main screen, however it says "Waiting for answer from server";
  2. On the upper left it states that the coach is online;
  3. Then "internal server error";
  4. Then "the internet connection was lost trying to re-connect"; with the option to press "cancel reconnection." If I let it continue it loops;
  5. If I choose cancel reconnection it puts me back to press enter/a screen and on the main screen, while navigating the menu, a menu pops up to state "; the internet connection was lost trying to re-connect."

So I don't know what happened but I was able to logon. Thanks.

Could you provide an info on what happened?

I've also noticed that the last name of my coach is apparently a forbidden word. "Doulos" means slave, was the word made forbidden recently? Because I was able to register with it, now the word is forbidden whenever I make a team with the name "Doulos."

Again, thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

Focus Team

Please reset the Steam Cloud storage for Blood Bowl 2:

1. Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
  2. Right click on 'Blood Bowl 2' and click 'Properties'.
  3. Click the tab 'UPDATES'.
  4. Uncheck 'Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Blood Bowl 2' under 'Steam Cloud'.
  5. Click the button 'CLOSE'.
  6. Open 'Windows Explorer' or 'File Explorer' from the taskbar.
  7. Click 'Documents' and rename the folder 'BloodBowl2'.
  8. Run Blood Bowl 2.
  9. Enter the login and the password of your BB2 account.

NOTE:
The Steam Cloud for Blood Bowl 2 will be automatically re-enabled.
Click the button 'UPLOAD TO STEAM CLOUD' from 'LOCAL FILES' under 'Steam - Cloud Sync Conflict'.

Focus Team

It looks like a data issue, can you try this please:

1. Uninstall the game from Steam
  2. Browse to Steam\steamapps\common and delete the Blood Bowl 2 folder
  3. Download the game again

Replying to this "old" topic because it is the exact same problem I'm experiencing. Only difference is I'm playing on a Mac OS 10.13.3 (so no Windows Firewall).

It first occurred after a league match on Mon March 19th. After the match was completed my screen read: "The internet connection was lost, trying to reconnect..." with a button that reads "Cancel Connection." After clicking the button I was unable to log back onto the server. The "Cancel Connection" button is displayed after a minute of trying to connect. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from Steam. On my next log in I was successful. I played a match in CCL without any issues. This morning, I was on the server off and on throughout the day checking rosters. Then I had another league match this afternoon (different league than last night). At the completion of the match the error returned.

I have again uninstalled and reinstalled. I renamed the BloodBowl2 folder to reset my profile and settings. This time however, it has not resolved the issue. I'm not experiencing any other network related problems with other services.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information to help get the bottom of the issue. Thank you.

Focus Team

@larkstar said in [PC] Waiting for answer from server/Internal server error/the internet connection was lost, trying to re-connect:

Replying to this "old" topic because it is the exact same problem I'm experiencing. Only difference is I'm playing on a Mac OS 10.13.3 (so no Windows Firewall).

It first occurred after a league match on Mon March 19th. After the match was completed my screen read: "The internet connection was lost, trying to reconnect..." with a button that reads "Cancel Connection." After clicking the button I was unable to log back onto the server. The "Cancel Connection" button is displayed after a minute of trying to connect. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from Steam. On my next log in I was successful. I played a match in CCL without any issues. This morning, I was on the server off and on throughout the day checking rosters. Then I had another league match this afternoon (different league than last night). At the completion of the match the error returned.

I have again uninstalled and reinstalled. I renamed the BloodBowl2 folder to reset my profile and settings. This time however, it has not resolved the issue. I'm not experiencing any other network related problems with other services.

Please let me know if I can provide any other information to help get the bottom of the issue. Thank you.

Are you connected in Wi-Fi or are you using an Ethernet cable?
Is your Firewall enabled? https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25551?locale=en_US

Thanks for replaying. Just like the original poster, the problem seems to have resolved itself. But I cannot figure out how. I dual boot this Mac with Windows 10, so I ended up reinstalling Blood Bowl 2 on the Windows side. I was able to successfully log on. Without doing anything else, I restarted back to Mac OS and was able to successfully log on there as well. Hopefully it was just a weird account/profile glitch that won't happen again.

For your records, I am connected through wifi and the firewall is not enabled.

Hey there !
Installed bb2 a Fee days ago on My Laptop, could running it 2-3 days. But since yesterday I cant log in any more. Says internal Server error. I Google about this issue and found some tips. I deleted the managelog file. I disabled steam cloud. But nothing worked out for me.
Yesterday I un-Installed bb2 , deleted the bb2 foulder and reinstalled the game. Same Problem appears.
Today i full uninstalled steam and bb2 but still iternal error.
Game runs on My Main PC under win 7.
On My laptop i Run win10.
Enabled Firewall but nothing happened.
Do you have a better solution for me?
Thankful

Installed bb2 a Fee days ago on My Laptop, could running it 2-3 days. But since yesterday I cant log in any more. Says internal Server error. I Google about this issue and found some tips. I deleted the managelog file. I disabled steam cloud. But nothing worked out for me.
Yesterday I un-Installed bb2 , deleted the bb2 foulder and reinstalled the game. Same Problem appears.
Reinstalled steam and bb2 today , same problem.
On My Main PC the game runs under win 7 with no issues.
On laptop im using win10.

Do you have a better solution for me?

Focus Team

Please remove and/or add Blood Bowl 2 in Windows Firewall:

1. Open Windows Firewall.
  2. Click 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall'.
  3. Click the button 'Change settings'.

If Blood Bowl 2 is displayed under 'Allowed apps and features:', please remove the game.
To remove the game, click 'Blood Bowl 2' and click the button 'Remove' then click the button 'Yes'.

Then add manually Blood Bowl 2 in Windows Firewall.
There are two applications to add: 'BloodBowl2' and 'BloodBowl2_DX_32':

1. Click the button 'Allow another app...'.
  2. Click the button 'Browse...' under 'Add an app'.
  3. Select the application 'BloodBowl2' from 'Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl 2' and click the button 'Open'.
  4. Click the button 'Network types...'.
  5. Check 'Private' and 'Public' and click the button 'OK'.
  6. Click the button 'Add'.
  7. Click the button 'Allow another app...'.
  8. Click the button 'Browse...' under 'Add an app'.
  9. Select the application 'BloodBowl2_DX_32' from 'Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl 2' and click the button 'Open'.
  10. Click the button 'Network types...' under 'Add an app'.
  11. Check 'Private' and 'Public' and click the button 'OK'.
  12. Click the button 'Add'.
  13. Click the button 'OK' to close Windows Firewall.
  14. Test.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.