So, when do we get the new race?
  • With the championship, and the new forums are we getting a new race anytime soon?

• @Bosie said in So, when do we get the new race?:

With the championship, and the new forums are we getting a new race anytime soon?

With the championship, and the new forums are we getting anything new anytime soon?

Fixed that for you.

• @Ahriman said in So, when do we get the new race?:

@Bosie said in So, when do we get the new race?:

With the championship, and the new forums are we getting a new race anytime soon?

With the championship, and the new forums are we getting anything new anytime soon?

Fixed that for you.

Harsh!

• Hello,

can you define NEW please ?

• @tiffman said in So, when do we get the new race?:

Hello,

can you define NEW please ?

Basically anything that isn't just an "assurance" that devs are supposedly doing something.

A long time ago, in the age of myths and legends, when (believe it or not) game patches used to come out every 2 weeks or so, in the times before the marine sharks, the dev team actually took active part in communication with the community.

We gave suggestions, reported bugs and development team actually cared for it and kept us updated about not only what had been going on, but also what they were planning.

But sometime ago, they just stopped paying attention to our suggestions, glaringly obvious issues were ignored, community pleads were disregarded, and worst of all: they simply stopped informing us about their plans for this game.

And this is what it has looked like for over half a year now. No updates, no information, no nothing. The only 2 dev team members who still kept visiting the forum were Blexus (who remained rather vague with his information, not that I blame him) and He-who-is-not-Omegon.

So, to stop this Tzeentch-like rant, basically anything new, even any piece of actual information, any clue that this game is still in development and not abandoned.

You could say "a breath of fresh air" into this game, if you will.

Now I may understand if they wanted to make some sort of surprise, but making surprises that have to be waited on for several months, while the game is in decline is anything but good idea.

You don't just stop any sort of visible activity and seemingly disappear into the fog while more and more players (dedicated players) stop playing due to your disregard of their complaints and game's problems. And that had already been happening before the Space Marine DLC.

P. S.
    Recalling the time since the last patch sort of tends to make me agitated and pissed, so if at any point of this rebel speech I wrote something offensive, my apologies in advance, I didn't mean it.

• I think we're all feeling the same way, considering how well this game was received by both players and the gaming press. Possibly the best 40K game to date, or just on the tails of Dawn Of War. Then when DoW 3 dropped that just highlighted how good this game is.

We know they made more money than they were expecting, and they gave us a vote on what the next faction would be. On the old forums we had a private area that many of us signed an NDA to be part of. In that we spoke often with the devs, and even got our hands on a newer version of what we are playing today. It had many improvements, so we know it exists. Yet we hear nothing from the team apart from the odd vague promise that something is coming.

It's getting harder each day defending the team, especially when you see the last time they visited their own forums, or put any new work out to us.

This game has so much untapped potential, I just hope that's what they are working on. Shame they are so tight lipped about it.

• It is indeed getting to the point one might raise questions or wonder about the future developments of this game. We have had assurances that something is being worked on, but the overall secrecy, and lack of interaction and communication doesn't do much to allay concerns.

The game has potential for future developments, but even without major additions it is a great game. It would be sad however if it ends here, as there are so much more within the universe that could be added, and certain aspects of the game that could be tweaked.

New content would be very welcome, be it another race, another mission type for more variation or even just the addition of more fleet variations or new abilities and upgrade functionalities.

• Theres some really good discussion here. Thanks to all for chiming in.

From what I understood, the producers have considered the game complete and most of the dev team has been moved over onto other projects.
    There are still some devs on the project, but getting anything major done would take them a while and would require approval for funding.
    Bear in mind that even if the devs want to continue working on BFG, they would have to put a very convincing case forward to their management (Focus Home Interactive I think) and would have to aquire funding for it (as apposed to being put on different projects).
    The game is defiantly in a playable state, however another balance pass and some more features + an extended campaign dlc for other races would take the game from being good to incredible.

Our contact through to the devs is very clearly under some NDA, which indicates to me that at least some of the devs would like to continue working, but they have no idea if they will get time/permission/funding to and can't say anything which hasn't been approved by management.

• New to the game, I bought it during Steam sale last week, and I wish I had purchased sooner. It is fantastic! I hope to be playing for some time to come.

I'm seeing a common thread on this forum and the old forum of people complaining about the lack of new content and updates. Has Focus Home Interactive considered starting a Kickstarter campaign for continued development? This is just such a great game, would hate to see it atrophy.

• @Signum
    That's actually a good idea: Try "pre-selling" your next expansion if you're worried about whether or not you can justify financing it.

• Yea, I remember when they where doing polls for the new races, they said tau came in first with tyranids as the runner up (and that they wont be forgotten) which alludes to them wanting to work on a tyranid dlc. Which i REEEALLY want. I would buy the dlc the minute it gets announced. Alot of people are interested in the game but they hold off from buying it because alot think the game is dead. I also remember one of the devs saying on the steam forums that they want to do something big.

• Let me state that i would love new races that being said every new race brings a whole host of balancing issues that, as we have seen by many other posts, causes major whining in the community at large... Not saying i have an answer for this but its gotta weigh pretty heavily on there process.

• I would really look into the races we already have and fix some of their problems before adding new races I only just came back recently and still remember some of the old cancer as it was left in before the devs left

• @boss
    I just couldn't agree more.

• @duderface said in So, when do we get the new race?:

Let me state that i would love new races that being said every new race brings a whole host of balancing issues that, as we have seen by many other posts, causes major whining in the community at large... Not saying i have an answer for this but its gotta weigh pretty heavily on there process.

Eh, who cares? Multiplayer guys are always going to whine. It's as inevitable as death and taxes. They can't let some people be the reason for the game to die. If they can continue to turn a profit from Battlefleet Gothic, they should.

@boss said in So, when do we get the new race?:

I would really look into the races we already have and fix some of their problems before adding new races I only just came back recently and still remember some of the old cancer as it was left in before the devs left

@Ahriman said in So, when do we get the new race?:

@boss
    I just couldn't agree more.

Such as these two. You're not going to please them, don't bother trying!

• If they don't bother trying then their no hope for this game and that is very sad cos this game could have done well but the way it is atm it won't go anywhere.

• i have seen 1 cheeze fleet in the championship and its not even in the top 10
    there is a good mix of every fleet in the ranking
    be specific in your claims of imbalance
    your statement as is is worthless

• @Ashardalon said in So, when do we get the new race?:

i have seen 1 cheeze fleet in the championship and its not even in the top 10
    there is a good mix of every fleet in the ranking
    be specific in your claims of imbalance
    your statement as is is worthless

Well where do I start well lets look at orks for one
    cheap ships, that are slow with short range= zaaap spam with torpedo's and take the favour for nova cannon take belt armour or just zaaap spam with the bad moons favour for 2 crits at long range, but then that what happens when you take a braw fleet and make it slow

Eldar
    Now is just a stealth fleet with high speed and the best bombers so run around all day trying not to get beaconed and just piss of your oppent, also did the Alaitoc all map free crit ever get fixed or is that still a thing?

Tau
    I don't even no where to start really........

Space marines
    Only thing holding them together is boarding torps spam which is just piff and battle barges other than that they need some help.

Imp and chaos their not to much really cheese about them their are some thing I can say but not to the level of those and even still thay can be change and buff at the same time.

Would be nice to hear if they will start doing balance patchs again?

• orks novas shouldn't benefit from belt armor
    i agree with that one
    the rest is just fine as is zapp orks are no treat at all

eldar can get caught by every faction if you know how to pilot your ships
    for F sake, i caught eldar with kroot spheres
    and no the ranger permacrit has been fixed
    should probably play the game a few times before you complain about balance

please do start with tau, i asked for specifics
    i obviously asked you to start
    if you even dare say stealth alloy i will fill the entire screen with HAHAHAHA and still be laughing as i get temporarily banned for spam

lock on bombardment cannons beat homing torps, same as ramming with 100% damage reduction
    the torps are just a first annoyance and a way to disable voids in advance so your first volley isnt wasted
    and the highest ranking marine player doesnt use his barges because he doesnt need to
    he plays his nimble detection game skilfully

would be nice to see updates but your way of balancing is just uninformed
    except for the ork belt armor, i will grant you that one novas shouldnt benefit from belt armor
    but the rest can easily be overcome by learning the game
    edit: making it more polite

last edited by Ashardalon
  • @Romeo The steam stats for this game speak for its current state... without modding or new campaigns the only replay value it has is multiplayer, its a hole they dug for themselves and i don't see the numbers that would suggest they could validate investing in its current iteration. if they want to bring enough people back to go down that avenue there probably gonna have to please some whiners. I did see somewhere on this forum a suggestion for crowd funding new content which i think is probably the greatest idea! that is the logic i followed to my previous statement.

• @boss said in So, when do we get the new race?:

Well where do I start well lets look at orks for one
    cheap ships, that are slow with short range= zaaap spam with torpedo's and take the favour for nova cannon take belt armour or just zaaap spam with the bad moons favour for 2 crits at long range, but then that what happens when you take a braw fleet and make it slow

Eldar
    Now is just a stealth fleet with high speed and the best bombers so run around all day trying not to get beaconed and just piss of your oppent, also did the Alaitoc all map free crit ever get fixed or is that still a thing?

Tau
    I don't even no where to start really........

Space marines
    Only thing holding them together is boarding torps spam which is just piff and battle barges other than that they need some help.

Imp and chaos their not to much really cheese about them their are some thing I can say but not to the level of those and even still thay can be change and buff at the same time.

Would be nice to hear if they will start doing balance patchs again?

OK, so every race is underpowered, eh? Except Imperials and Chaos, apparently.

@duderface said in So, when do we get the new race?:

@Romeo The steam stats for this game speak for its current state... without modding or new campaigns the only replay value it has is multiplayer, its a hole they dug for themselves and i don't see the numbers that would suggest they could validate investing in its current iteration. if they want to bring enough people back to go down that avenue there probably gonna have to please some whiners. I did see somewhere on this forum a suggestion for crowd funding new content which i think is probably the greatest idea! that is the logic i followed to my previous statement.

Except Multiplayer means sweet f-all to a publisher or developer. Especially a strategy developer, where the community is a minority ranging from 30% (Starcraft II) to 2% (Ashes of the Singularity) that have ever even tried to do multiplayer.

And again, they could balance the game within an inch of its life, wouldn't matter, you'd still get whining about how the races play too similar now. It's a completely wasted effort on their part.

• Well lets just wait and see what happens I guess that all we can do

• @Romeo except they have put effort into nothing... at least putting effort into multiplayer would show some level of commitment to making it more than it is... last update was when? i mean seriously your argument only holds water when there is something else to focus on... no one told them to not mod no one told them to stop making storied content they did it to themselves and they need to show effort in ANY realm before anyone will take them seriously. balancing frankly is the easiest area for them to do something... and lets not forget that they pushed this multiplayer competition thing so obviously it means more to them than you are suggesting. your examples of starcraft 2 ill point to modding and multiplayer as at least viable if its your cup of tea and ashes seems to be releasing storied content at a decent pace.

• @duderface Or it makes perfect sense, when you consider that continuing to update stuff costs money, of which they aren't making more of. At least content (Such as a new race) could be sold. What are they going to do about multiplayer, sell the patch that balances it?

• every day of inactivity drives the game further from memory... sad facts are still facts if they don't try to maintain now then why would i think they would be interested in maintaining later and there problems are not solely multiplayer ill point to planetary defense bug that has been there forever... inactivity is unjustifiable in a game that is to be expanded upon its only viable when the game is dead.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to So was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.