Booty's Better Skill Icons

This is a no frills attempt at making the skill icons useful. All imagery has been replaced with phonetic abbreviations for each skill, along with color coding for the skill category. At the link below you'll find a zip file, instructions, and the images I've attached below.

Enjoy!

Booty's Better Skill Icons

0_1505846291290_Chaotic_All-Stars_Roster.jpg

0_1505846361012_Destruction_All-Stars_Roster.jpg

0_1505846377257_Order_All-Stars_Roster.jpg

0_1505846405073_In_Game.jpg

Very nice, booty! I had a play with this some time ago but the cpk files changed and I was unable to get into them. Good work!

Dode thanks for the positive reply. I made the mistake of posting these on Reddit and people are crapping all over them. Although, it is Reddit, so what did I expect, right?

@Bootylactin I find your icons awful but I understand they can be useful. Thanks for your work 🙂

I would have loved this a year ago, but at this point I have most of them memorized so I don't want to go and learn the word abbreviations! I assume you have to do updates any time the client is updated?

@Javelin said in Booty's Better Skill Icons:

I would have loved this a year ago, but at this point I have most of them memorized so I don't want to go and learn the word abbreviations! I assume you have to do updates any time the client is updated?

You have to re-run the batch file every time the game updates and overwrites the .cpk file that contains the icons. But you don't have to go out and re-download anything. Re-running the batch file just works.

If they would just change kick/dirty player and catch/dodge, I would be happy with that.

I definitely have confused kick and tackle many times.

@Javelin said in Booty's Better Skill Icons:

I definitely have confused kick and tackle many times.

Two years down the road and I, too, keep confusing them. I can't count how many times I put my kicker at the side instead of my tackler...

Those pictogramic default icons sometimes may be useful - after you've spent a lot of time learning what they mean. And here is a problem: imo, they don't excel into passing a message, they don't seem intuitive and easily referenceable to corresponding skills. Having simple icons with skills' names' abbreviations would be much more useful to seasoned players who've learned the basic mechanics already. Perhaps, like an option in Settings, with those 2 modes?

last edited by Mori-Mori

I'm happy with pictures, but bully for you for providing this option for those that want something different!

thank you! I would love to make some modificationd too, but I am having problems with the output .dds format, the game do not recognize the file or the transparency is wrong. Could you please tell me what should the output format be?

revermind, I figure it out 🎻

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.