Resurrection mode

"Resurrection mode

This mode nullifies a game’s casualties once it is over, meaning no more dead players, no more niggling injuries and none of your players missing the next game. All of your players will be available after each match. It also nullifies gold gain and experience points (SPP).
The resurrection mode can be activated in the Gameplay Options tab of the Competition settings when creating your competition. It cannot be activated once the competition has been created, and cannot be deactivated once the league is created as a resurrection league."

Comment: Eh, I thought the whole point of the resurrection mode is to be able to play Blood bowl and level your players and stadium without the risk of getting them injured or killed. Common, please change the resurrection mode or add a mode with the the changes??

My Blood bowl 2 dream is that Cyanide makes an "official" long lasting leauge with resurrection mode (but you get and keep spp and money) and no kick off events.

I see close to no leauges made with no kick off events... well why? I guess we all know that answer... "random luck junkies alert"...

last edited by DrBlitz

@DrBlitz Rez mode with skill increase would be retarded. Especially in a ladder format where the only thing you would ever play against are 3000TV kill chaos, 13 +deathroller all guard/MB dwarfs, and stat freak WEs. It would be even more "random luck" heavy as just who gets CAS first wins.

@JohnnyFeyev
I think it would be nice to have the anarchy ladder with a rez mode. This would then be a good ladder for coaches who only want to experience the team development part without any setbacks.

And let's be honest: It wouldn't change the anarchy ladder much, since it is already .... well you know what I mean

@JohnnyFeyev said in Resurrection mode:

@DrBlitz Rez mode with skill increase would be retarded. Especially in a ladder format where the only thing you would ever play against are 3000TV kill chaos, 13 +deathroller all guard/MB dwarfs, and stat freak WEs. It would be even more "random luck" heavy as just who gets CAS first wins.

You do understand that having on-pitch kills and injuries last between matches isn't the ONLY way to apply attrition to teams, right? Likewise, what you're putting forward as "inevitable" is just your supposition.

There's a 500 TV limit in place, so unless your team is 2500 TV you won't be facing "3000TV kill chaos"... or 3000 TV anything. They'd be facing each other. Farming "perfect" players with +stats and doubles skills and such requires playing a lot of games, and every game played is another step toward the brick wall BB2's ageing put in the path of your existing players. You'd still need to be lucky to have a full team of well-rolled players since you not only have a limited number of games to make them, but the other players you have been lucky with only have a limited number of games to play before you have to have a replacement for them ready, and on and on.

At the end of the day the TV range you play at is entirely under your control, especially in a rez environment. Your TV +/- 500 and you can work toward and then pretty easily maintain the desired TV level as only you (and... well... ageing) are able to permanently alter your team's TV.

@VoodooMike This is all supposition, but I'm assuming anyone that wants a continuous resurrection league would also not want aging. But either way, I highly doubt they'll ever have an "official" league as suggested. They're already worried somewhat by splitting the fan base between CCL and Open, I doubt they'll split it even more with every conceivable idea people come up with.

@JohnnyFeyev said in Resurrection mode:

@VoodooMike This is all supposition, but I'm assuming anyone that wants a continuous resurrection league would also not want aging. But either way, I highly doubt they'll ever have an "official" league as suggested. They're already worried somewhat by splitting the fan base between CCL and Open, I doubt they'll split it even more with every conceivable idea people come up with.

Why do I want a "official" leauge with no kick off events and resurrection mode (but with spp gain and money)??:

1. I want to reduce the random luck element in the game - So no kick off events!
  2. I want to enjoy playing games and levelling my players without the constant risk of a well grinded and loved! hero dies (and can't be resurrected) in a random block vs a random skeleton with no skills or similar. I want to enjoy having a team with alot of skills and combos fully developed.

Yes I think aging should be on... but not 100% sure.

last edited by DrBlitz

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.