Peripheral Support In MudRunner

EDIT: I'm sorry! Solved doubt. I have discovered that the Thrustmaster TH8a shifter can be used with the game. If someone doesn't know it, you need to activate the manual shifter in the settings menu. A DIN cable must also be used for direct connection to the steering wheel in case of playing with a T-150 model (I don't know if the others also have this option). Thank you, now I really enjoy the game like never before!

last edited by Krateroi

@krateroi Glad to hear you worked it out 🙂

@iyagovos I tried to play it last night and it only should the x box controller. Today it showed the wheel. Weird but cool! I have a thrustmaster Itilian or something how do I beep the horn and get in car camera?

Hi there,

Wheel controls differ per wheel, so I couldn't say specifically for your wheel type without knowing specifically what type of wheel you have.

Wow ok, so like everybody on consoles, i have been screwed... Let's go to the point, WILL WE have force feedback on consoles (ADJUSTABLE OF COURSE) or is it only meant to use a wheel as a controler without ffb? i don't even ask when, because i know it's too much asked, but please, will we?

Hi I was wondering if you would be supporting the THRUSTMASTER T500RS on PS4 ? I seen that u have wheel support but but my wheel did not work. It would be epic if u would have PLAYSTATION VR support too. Just a thought on the VR support tho I understand the PS4 is no PC BUT a wheel and VR in this game would be epic.

@basskickin74 said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

Wow ok, so like everybody on consoles, i have been screwed... Let's go to the point, WILL WE have force feedback on consoles (ADJUSTABLE OF COURSE) or is it only meant to use a wheel as a controler without ffb? i don't even ask when, because i know it's too much asked, but please, will we?

I agree. I'm playing with T150 and was very happy to see it as supported. However, after starting the game, realized, supported means Centering force, nothing else. No FFB at all.
Is this only the T150 or all other supported wheels are without FFB?

So, my question is the same. Will we have FFB support ever?

last edited by Sdani

@sdani said

I have the Fanatec CWB v2.5; No Force Feedback - just like you: only Centering Force.

Thank you for this awesome game! I had already purchased and completed it on Xbox, but when I got a T150 for the PS4 for Xmas, I bought the game again for that system!

Question about ps4. How is shifting handled if we don't have a shifter and have it disabled? How is cane support handled? Thanks again!

@sdani said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

@basskickin74 said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

I agree. I'm playing with T150 and was very happy to see it as supported. However, after starting the game, realized, supported means Centering force, nothing else. No FFB at all.

So, my question is the same. Will we have FFB support ever?

@sdani but one of the options is literally turning off or on the FFB. Are you sure that's checked?

last edited by neccoguy21

@neccoguy21

@sdani but one of the options is literally turning off or on the FFB. Are you sure that's checked?

As for me personally, I have checked the option for turning 'on or off' the FFB support. However, the so called 'Force Feedback' seems to be just a kind of stronger Centering Force...

@rhs said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

As for me personally, I have checked the option for turning 'on or off' the FFB support. However, the so called 'Force Feedback' seems to be just a kind of stronger Centering Force...

I made the mistake of assuming both console versions would have the same support, since they didn't specify otherwise. The FFB option I was talking about is for the Xbox. I just checked my PS4 version though as I was ready to set up my wheel and get it going, and sure enough there is not a FFB option. Now I'm just as concerned about what they consider "full support". They really need to be more transparent about what they're doing. No promises, just a "Hey, this is what we're focusing on right now, this is what's down the road, these are the things we've decided not to worry about unless it becomes an issue for some reason". That kind of thing.

@neccoguy21 This is strange, Xbox has another option, even though, it sounds quite useless, why is there another option?

Well, the question is still there to devs, will you develope the REAL force feedback or support remains to mean basic controlling ability? Focus Home, please comment/answer/act like you are interested in end user problems.

PS.: I found a way on PS4 to disable centering force, so at least I'm not killing my wheel. I'm starting a game that supports FFB (e.g. project cars 2), wait for the menu to load, where there is no centering force. At this point, I start mudrunner, that results no centering force either, so I'm not killing the wheel for a useless function...

@sdani said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

PS.: I found a way on PS4 to disable centering force, so at least I'm not killing my wheel. I'm starting a game that supports FFB (e.g. project cars 2), wait for the menu to load, where there is no centering force. At this point, I start mudrunner, that results no centering force either, so I'm not killing the wheel for a useless function...

Great that you have found a kind of workaround, but that shouldn't be necessary when the devs had did there job well from the very beginning. It is ridiculous that you have to use 'tricks' so that you don't kill your wheel because the devs don't no the difference between ForceFeedback or plain centering force.

For me personally, I don't play anymore until the devs have improved the game on all points. I only check this forum once in a while to see how thing are.

last edited by rhs

@rhs I had to find a way until I was playing this game. Now, I'm doing the same, checking the forum, waiting for reply, news, anything..
I would love to be heard/read, but it seems to be otherwise.
Mudrunner devs should not forget, it was a COMMUNITY funded project at the very, beginning. So Community deserves an answer at least. It can be a No, but answer!

The latest driver update from Thrustmaster allowed me to bind and configure my TMX wheel to the PC version of "Mudrunner" on Windows 10. So now you can add the TMX wheel to your list of supported wheels for the game. thank you.

I have tried connecting it to spintires but it doesnt do anything and jet it works fine on forza horizon 3. Do you know why?

When can i mod my xbox 1 on mudrunner

@wilfulfour87 said in Peripheral Support In Spintires: MudRunner:

When can i mod my xbox 1 on mudrunner

Not for a long time, if ever.

Charlie Boy - the guys who made Forza Horizon 3 didn't make MR, that's probably why the wheel doesn't work..😉