Lots of players have been asking what kind of support for wheels Spintires: MudRunner will have. We’ve decided to take this opportunity to let you know exactly how we will be supporting wheels in the game.
First off, let’s start with the steering wheels that will be officially supported on PC.
- Logitech G920 + Driving Force Shifter
- Logitech G29 + Driving Force Shifter
- Thrustmaster T300
- Logitech G27 Steering Wheel
- Logitech G Saitek Farming Sim
The drivers for the wheels that need them are listed below:
- Logitech G920 + Driving Force Shifter : http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g920-driving-force/downloads
- Logitech G27 : http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel/downloads
- Logitech G29 + Driving Force Shifter : http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g29-driving-force/downloads
All of these wheels have been officially tested and will be detected by the game, as well as have official presets for their control schemes. In order to get optimal use of these, you’ll want to rebound inputs through the game’s settings.
Any other wheels should work with Spintires: MudRunner, provided you have the correct drivers installed, but we don’t currently officially support them.
You will be able to fully rebind controls for any of these wheels, should you not be satisfied with the default presets.
To access these presets, you will need to:
- Go into the "Controls" menu
- Proceed to the "Wheels" tab.
- Once there, press the "Defaults" button in order to set the defaults to your specific device.
- If you're using a manual gear shifter, check the checkbox "Manual Gearbox With Clutch"
With regards to controllers on PC, we do plan to support the usual controllers.
- Keyboard and Mouse : Full Support
- Xbox One Controller (Elite and Regular) : Full Support
- Xbox 360 Controller: Full Support
- Steam Controller : Supported as XInput - can be customised through Steam Big Picture (UI won't update)
- PS4 Controller : Partial support through Steam Big Picture - UI does not show PS4 inputs
On consoles, we support all officially certified PS4 and Xbox One wheels:
On PS4, those are:
- THRUSTMASTER T300 RS
- THRUSTMASTER T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel
- 4GAMERS Compact Racing Wheel
- THRUSTMASTER T80 Racing Wheel
- PS4 Hori Racing Wheel
- Trhustmaster T150
- Logitech G29 DRIVING FORCE
On Xbox One, those are:
- Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Competition Mod racing wheel
- Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
- Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One
- Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback racing wheel
- Hori Racing Wheel Overdrive
- Logitech G920 DRIVING FORCE
Other wheels may work, but as they are not officially certified by the platform holders, we don't currently officially support them.
On consoles, obviously, you'll be able to use the controllers that typically work with the console. You won't be able to use ones that don't normally work, so no Xbox One controller for PS4 Spintires: MudRunner, or vice versa.
As always, let us know if you have any questions!