Team ratings wacked in solo league?

I started playing solo league on PS4, Eternal league or something, and I noticed that one AI Chaos team had almost all of them claw + bunch of skills even though their team rating was lower than my Necromantic Teams.

So I took a look at my next opponent, and sure enough there's either a bug, or the AI doesn't play using the same rules than me (cheat!)....😉

Surely this has been reported already, but the apparently the AI teams player value is just their basic purchasing cost, regardless of their level & number of skills?

BB2 screenshot

last edited by Verderer

Cyanide is aware of this bug and it'll be fixed by the next update.

last edited by Naissun

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I couldnt' find anything on it quickly...⛸

You're welcome. Have fun on the pitch 😉

This has been happening to me all the time in eternal League. regular leagues are still working fine though.

The upside is that AI teams are pretty stupid and never take a Wizard or the best star players when spending all the extra cash they're given before a match. They always just take 1-2 stars, the Halfling Chef, 4 team training and 2 Bloodweiser Babes. I've never seen their spending choices vary from this pattern and besides giving them better KO recovery rolls it doesn't have a huge impact on the games (providing your own team is levelled up and already has experienced players plus a good number of rerolls).

Well, yeah it's doable I guess, but it's a bit of a downer to encounter chaos teams with 12+ players with claw (among other skills), or undead with even the lowly zombies having 5+ skills each, and even then you're only just about at par with their team rating? And the AI teams all seem to have 10 rerolls especially when they buy the halfling cook, so I have to do with 1 or 2.

Once your team rating is about 1600 or more, it gets really out hand. I managed to eke out a couple of draws and 1-0 win before I decided I want to wait for the patch. 🙂

When is this going to be fixed for the Xbox One version? Playing against Skaven and having half of your team in the injured box is absolutely ridiculous since you have to play against a full Star Player team AND be counted as having a higher team rating.

This is a game breaker.

Next week hopefully, the patch was supposed to be released this week, but they discovered some additional issues and solve those first.

@verderer said in Team ratings wacked in solo league?:

Well, yeah it's doable I guess, but it's a bit of a downer to encounter chaos teams with 12+ players with claw (among other skills), or undead with even the lowly zombies having 5+ skills each, and even then you're only just about at par with their team rating? And the AI teams all seem to have 10 rerolls especially when they buy the halfling cook, so I have to do with 1 or 2.

...and the AI still loses most of the time. Unless you're getting your butt kicked by these AI teams why is it a downer, exactly? I mean, I'm not saying being disheartened is not a legitimate feeling, I just wonder why it bugs you that AI teams look overly powerful when you're still going to win.

@verderer said in Team ratings wacked in solo league?:

Once your team rating is about 1600 or more, it gets really out hand. I managed to eke out a couple of draws and 1-0 win before I decided I want to wait for the patch. 🙂

You're probably actually gaining some usable (transferable to multiplayer, even) skills with the game in those cases. As your win rate, when playing at the top of your game, hovers around 50% (assuming its not done by giving you alternating too easy and too hard games) your rate of improvement is maximized. Admittedly it's better to have that be the case in multiplayer... since single-player games are often things people want to use to relax rather than to give them a serious challenge.

It's a downer, because the rules should be the same for everybody, bot or not. Of course they still play dumb and were remarkably ineffective even with the 12+ claws, as my zombies kept bouncing back.

I don't consider it great practice, if you encounter impossible situations which you will not ever encounter against live players? And I would feel the same even if my team was the one having these impossible skill-sets. What would be the point?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.