Jonathan Reid character customization?
  • I've been wondering whether we will be able to change Jonathan's hairstyle/beard, that would be pretty sweet and would add a bit to the RPG element of the game. I know that we would be able to change outfits considering that part of the pre-order DLC bonus contains an outfit.

• Seems unlikely. Not that it is a bad idea, just that it feels like the game follows the story of a particular character, like Dante in DMC or Gerard in the Witcher. The character has its specific flavor in a specific setting from the get-go.

• yeah, I'm ok with the look of Dr. Reid, but customization is my favorite feature in modern games... I always enjoy designing the look or "my version" of the main character.

• That would be great!!!

Personally I prefer previous versions of the character... like the first one which appeared when the game was first announced!!!

• @Orlando_Spencer Actually as you mentioned Geralt, it is possible to change his hairstyle/beard. And I think that yes, it's nice and doesn't destroy the feeling of playing a particular character and not just a character like in TES for example.

• @WhiteNerine Yeah, I guess to a point you are right. To be honest, there's also the fact that deep customisation is a lot of dev work, which I think should rather be spent on story and plot, because of the nature of the gamestyle. I can easily use my imagination if Jonathan's looks aren't to my liking ( I may be biased since he kind of have similar features that I possess, like dark hair and the type of beard and hairstyle ). I guess if there's no base customisation at launch, that PC players will have mods available to them.

• @Orlando_Spencer Yeah, I see your point and thete actually is something to it (tho I also can easily use my imagination even though I don't share anything, even sex, with Reid :D), I was just saying that character customization doesn't always make a feeling of playing a particular character any less realistic.

• Community Moderator - Vampyr

For what it's worth, the pre-order bonus DLC has an "exclusive" outfit so it can be considered as some kind of customization on a very basic level?

alt text

No idea if this DLC bonus will be the only extra outfit or if others are going to be in the game though.

• According to the Lead designer, Florent Guillaume, you can't customize Reid. He said so in an interview with Gaming Bolt.

«You won’t be able to customize your character.» - Lead designer, Florent Guillaume

Link:http://gamingbolt.com/vampyr-interview-lead-designer-florent-guillaume-tells-us-everything-about-in-game-weapons-loot-factions-and-more

• Focus Team

Outside of outfits/weapons/abilities, Dr. Reid won't be customisable.

• I'm fine with just changing the outfit xD. Thanks for the reply.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Jonathan Reid character customization? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.