Another day with Claw, sad...

Come with list now, show how good you are compared to me. I knew you would not dare. Undressed totally! Internet-trolls are all mouth, losers in life most of them.

Not so big in mouth now bro? Huh? Not so big now? Common bro, common!

last edited by DrBlitz

I personally have to say my experience of quitting isnt from attrition. I would say the lions share of people quitting against me is because they lose a goal on their drive, or roll an annoying roll like double skulls or their star player falls over and KOs himself.

I have to say i dont think that changing the deaths etc would help this and i dont think that it would be fun anyway as it takes the danger and excitment from the game.

However there is nothing wrong with having a res league for people who dont want to have the damage to their characters, but from my limited experience i would say that conceeds are from when a player just doesnt want to play anymore because he knows (or in reality thinks) he is going to lose. If that be because he has lost the ball or a few players.

I think even in a game where you take massive amount of attrition the way the odds of the game are made its never the end of the world to destroy your team. You might get a death and a couple of stat reductions at worst in my limited experience.

Interesting to see that dwarf teams are the lowest quit rate, that says to me that dwarf players like dealing out the damage no matter what the result and their armour keeps them plugging away probably knowing they are not going to take too many losses! lol

@DrBlitz said in Another day with Claw, sad...:

My education is probably higher than yours. I am a strategy master with outstanding results in many online strategy games.

I can't even...

Time to stop the pointless "bro down" attempt? @gcoleman76

@dominico said in Another day with Claw, sad...:

Interesting to see that dwarf teams are the lowest quit rate, that says to me that dwarf players like dealing out the damage no matter what the result and their armour keeps them plugging away probably knowing they are not going to take too many losses! lol

I think your assessment is wrong. I would speculate otherwise. Due to the fact a lot of people "hate" playing versus dwarves for many reason ( at low tv they are considered overpowered, too many guards at mid range , game vs dwarves are boring.....everyone has a different reason) they end up getting the benefit of concessions. To support your statements you would need to check if the dwarves coaches are still staying on the game once they enter chaos territory at 1800+ . If they have a lower concession rate then fair enough you are right, but i would suspect once they face claw all over teams they will be like any other team in term of concession

@dragonloup said in Another day with Claw, sad...:

@dominico said in Another day with Claw, sad...:

I think your assessment is wrong. I would speculate otherwise. Due to the fact a lot of people "hate" playing versus dwarves for many reason ( at low tv they are considered overpowered, too many guards at mid range , game vs dwarves are boring.....everyone has a different reason) they end up getting the benefit of concessions. To support your statements you would need to check if the dwarves coaches are still staying on the game once they enter chaos territory at 1800+ . If they have a lower concession rate then fair enough you are right, but i would suspect once they face claw all over teams they will be like any other team in term of concession

Yes I think you are not far off with saying this.

Theory: I personally think there are key deciding people in Cynaide that enjoy to make claw/damage combo teams and just see guys suffer and concede vs them. They like to see rank 4 players get permanent injuries and stuff. A resurrection leauge with spp and money gain would take this "permanent" crippling feeling away from them and they therefore refuse to make a real Cabalvision resurrection leauge. Also I think most players that plays Blood bowl love random things, otherwise, why is not the most competitive tournaments without kick-off events?

I don't get that people don't support a Cabalvision leauge that we actually can play ALL teams up to at least TV 3000 with some fun remaining.

last edited by DrBlitz

To support your statements you would need to check if the dwarves coaches are still staying on the game once they enter chaos territory at 1800+ . If they have a lower concession rate then fair enough you are right, but i would suspect once they face claw all over teams they will be like any other team in term of concession

Then let me confirm that Dwarf teams continue to have an impressively low concession rate even when we only look at matches where their opponent's TV is 1800 or higher. At that point Chaos has the lowest rate of concession, but the difference between the two fails to meet statistical levels of significance.

@drblitz said in Another day with Claw, sad...:

Yes I think you are not far off with saying this.

And yet, his theory you agree with turns out to be wrong. Maybe you have some screenshots that will put the whole issue to rest? Like... a high score in Sim City or something?

When you come up with your list, I only see big mouth and alot of words?....

Well I can "share" some of them. In World of tanks (1 million weekly players EU/4? million players East-Europe) I achieved in 2012 the highest efficiency rating on EU server for high tier tanks 8-10, and the 2nd in the world at that time. I also leaded a group of 95 guys from 15 different countries, their average stats was top 3 in the world for a while. The clan had outstanding results in campaigns. I also have the highest winrate in random matches with one of the most popular tanks, T54, in 100+ matches. There are over 300000 T54s on EU server.

I have top 5 results in PvP game, Guild wars, in my country. Both as player and team leader.

Both this games are very strategic and tactical, and competitive.

Been top 5 in the game Tribal Wars in my country.

Undefeated in tournaments in the game Lost Worlds, top results in the board game Robo rally.

Been ranked number one on english, deutch and german websites in the game Carcassonne - The castle.

Been top 5 in my country in rank at www.conquerclub.com.

Done 95% of the achievements in Total war - Warhammer I. Including all factions on very hard or legendary level. Many achievements only achieved by 1-2% of the players. Just finished High elves at very hard level at Total war - Warhammer 2. I finished many games on the hardest settings, but I dont bother to list them all.

I have a healthy positive winrate in Blood bowl, but I want to try to develop my teams without them getting beat to pulp at Tv 1900+ ish. It's maybe hard for you to understand. Since you capacity is very low??? extremly low??? Now come with your list! Internet-Troll master chief. Let me see what you done, NOW!! or shut your noob mouth up!!! Learn to show masters respect!! or just shut up! I hate noobs, I just really hate them...

last edited by DrBlitz

I have a healthy positive winrate in Blood bowl, but I want to try to develop my teams without them getting beat to pulp at Tv 1900+ ish. It's maybe hard for you to understand. Since you capacity is very low??? extremly low??? Now come with your list! Internet-Troll master chief. Let me see what you done, NOW!! or shut your noob mouth up!!! Learn to show masters respect!! or just shut up! I hate noobs, I just really hate them...

Your highest ranked team in season 9 is #973. I know this is a tough concept to wrap your head around but... has it occurred to you that Blood Bowl is not World of Tanks with orcs? What about the idea that having a drivers' license doesn't qualify you to be an automotive engineer... or that being able to see the sky doesn't mean you inherently understand the movement of the planets?

The one verifiable prediction you've made about Blood Bowl was found to be wrong, so that bodes poorly for the suggested relationship between your self-proclaimed mastery of strategy games (other than this one, apparently) and your ability to determine how a change to the game would affect the player base.

This is, of course, why we have science - it gives us an avenue of investigation that doesn't rely on the spurious, unsubstantiated declarations of self-declared experts. 😉

I have not played the game that long. Your comments just shows how low internet-trolls can go.

You are just a big mouth, nothing more. Show me now what you have done in gaming. I see nothing, and based of this I conclude that you are just an average bob. Average bobs should listen and not talk. That is my advice to you. When IQ is too low and mouth too big, you just shoot yourself in the foot.

last edited by DrBlitz

I have not played the game that long. Your comments just shows how low internet-trolls can go.

I see... so your non-BB "mastery of strategy games" hasn't made you an instant master of BB, but it has made you an instant fortune teller when it comes to the future of the game under arbitrary changes. Got it.

You are just a big mouth, nothing more.

Actually, a bit more.. I am, so far, the most proficient data analyst present in the online BB community. Not super tough, of course, since there's only two or three of us, but you'll find that Blood Bowl has moved a bit beyond the realm of listening to random people's gut feelings and toward the world of data-driven fact. You can try shouting it down... but it's more likely to make you look silly than to forward your cause.

Average bobs should listen and not talk. That is my advice to you.

Oh, I agree... but I take that further to say that it matters whether you have any proficiency in the field we're discussing, and right now it isn't "game playing". In this situation you're the average bob... you're not basing anything on fact or data, you're just guessing based on what you "feel" is true, and trying to float the fact that you're a self-proclaimed expert Guild Wars player as proof of your authority. It's retarded.

When IQ is too low and mouth too big, you just shoot yourself in the foot.

Again, I agree... we just don't agree on who is demonstrating that in this thread 😉

Frankly, I am a bit surprised why this allowed to go on?

Probably the mods are enjoying the deep, deep hole drblitz is digging for himself.

Been away a while...Did someone mention CLAW?

Just remove the Claw skill and most of the problems are gone. PO is not as big of an issue on none-claw teams. Deadly? Yes, but they still have to break your armor while a Claw user just removes your armor outright (No i dont consider AV7 to be any form of real armor) It wont affect AV any less than now but it will not make AV 9 guys totaly useless. AV9 trades in mobility for the armor, what is the point of having AV9 and low mobility when 1 skill just removes it completly. Or just give all the AV9 players Agi4 and keep claw, np.

@SuperGnu : Or give a claw like skill to other race to make it even

@verderer said in Another day with Claw, sad...:

Frankly, I am a bit surprised why this allowed to go on?

Becuse it is VoodooMike, the mods have a special little place in their hearts for him, my bet is he sends them nudes regulary. VM has always been able to do what the F he wants on the forums. Basicly it is like this; A discussion is decent and somewhat friendly and as soon as VM enters the discussion it ends up with a lot of trolling, hate, flamebaiting and just pure garbage. Mostly becuse VM and in some extent Dode cant grasp concepts outside of raw math numbers, numbers that they have a real hard to understand also and becuse of this they tend to derail the discussions.
Just ask Dode about CPOMB and Chaos domination and he would (atleast in the past) bring up the Chaos sub 50% WR as a counter argument without understanding that a newly created team dont have CPOMB. VM is the same but VM spread insults and hate towards everyone he dont agree with, Dode can atleast be civil from time to time.

This is a bit OT but it explains somewhat why it has not been stoped yet.

@SuperGnu : Or give a claw like skill to other race to make it even

That would not solve anything. Claw is the reason why you can not go past 1800+TV wich gets boring after a while, you get a team you like and boom you hit 1800tv and within 2-4 matches you have to restart becuse you where riped apart by CPOMB teams. Adding more CPOMB will just make it even worse.

Or play real BB (you know, leagues and the like) then ClawPOMB isn't a problem full stop.

Also, use the proper concede rules, then those Claw-heavy teams have to play each other or risk losing their players.

or just keep playing the game in a way it wasn't designed for, and stop worrying about it.

i get what you are saying and it makes sense. I was just looking for the diversity angle. But yeah if the desire of the community is to get more races with higher tv , or to push the role play part of the game , i understand something need to be done to balance the system so there is more races to be more competitive at higher tv . Somehow i beleive you will find a huge resistance against the disappeareance of claw from the purist .

Now what would be the ideal solution in my "humble " opinion is to simply be able to disable EVERY SINGLE skills ( excepted the extraordinary ones or the loner) in the menu option so anyone wanting to create the custome leagues they want would be able to do so . That being said with such a poor chat system i see no futur for custom league .

In the meantime for COL the REZ mode seems to be the best compromise to get diversity ( speculating ) at higher tv. But does anyone gave any thought about my previous post regarding a custom REZ for COL, where any long term injury/death would be converted in Miss next game instead of just badly hurt ?

@darkson said in Another day with Claw, sad...:

Or play real BB (you know, leagues and the like) then ClawPOMB isn't a problem full stop.

Also, use the proper concede rules, then those Claw-heavy teams have to play each other or risk losing their players.

or just keep playing the game in a way it wasn't designed for, and stop worrying about it.

So basicly play 2 games a week or so. Becuse that is what the game is designed for. Beliving a computer game is gona be like the tabletop version is the dumbest thing ever. Specially when you have open leagues like the COL leagues. Remove those, make it impossible to play the same team more than once or twice in a week and you might have a point.

However this is not the case. Ask your self this, wich players are keeping the game alive, the "1 games per week" crowd or the "i play when i get the time and for fun" crowd (that also tend to play a LOT of BB when they can) ?

last edited by SuperGnu