Which team is the best in bloodbowl.

So I know this is subjective but which team do you think is the best race? I don't have the experience to know this but dwarves seem to do consistently well and chaos dwarves are dwarves with 2 super players (the centaurs). So I would say these two are the strongest for me.

What do you guys think?

Ps for someone like me who loves skaven but would like a bit more survivability and the option to throw long, what would be the best race?

Lizards always give me the most trouble at low TR so I would go with them.

@dominico said in Which team is the best in bloodbowl.:

Ps for someone like me who loves skaven but would like a bit more survivability and the option to throw long, what would be the best race?

Well, there are 2 options:
Lizards, because they are pretty fast and Skinks are always one +AG away from greatness. Skinks tend to die a lot though, but the Core, the Saurie have AV9.

But some people would say Dark Elves are one of the best BB Teams at all TV ranges and for someone who played Skaven they might be okay. Linemen and Blitzers have AV8

If you want a passing team with more survivability, High Elves are also worth a look. On the other hand, Undead and Necromantic have good receivers and can develop a passing game with a couple of doubles and some team RRs.

Humans are decent. They start with every relevant reroll skill and fast catchers.

Lizards are great, but have no real ability to develop a passer.

Wood Elves are really no more fragile than Skaven and have a better big guy and Wardancers

last edited by mrinku

I looked at wood elves but they just get destroyed with the bash heavy meta and they are so expensive! I like the tree but I don't think he's viable starting. Saudis (why did my phone edit lizards to saudis... rofl ahh I bet I wrote saurus!) I've never tried as they don't appeal to me but I should give them a try. They are hard to stop scoring!

I do play dark elves and they are probably the team I am best with...

Finally never tries high elves. But again so expensive! Might give them a go though, they are so rare I never really see anyone playing them.

last edited by Dominico

Short league? Long league? Resurrection tournament format?

The "best" is a very open question.

Oh, and they may not be an obvious one, but Orcs can be tuned into a decent passing team. They have a proper Thrower and Goblins can shelter behind tough guys until they're in catch and score range. A +MA or +AG Gobbo is gold. More of a medium range than long range pass strategy, but you can bash and hold really well.

Necromantic are pretty good all round too.

@darkson said in Which team is the best in bloodbowl.:

Short league? Long league? Resurrection tournament format?

The "best" is a very open question.

This.

But if you want my feeling on the matter, I'd say I "usually" consider Skaven, Wood Elf, and Necromantic to be the best teams.

It depends the environment ( open, competition, seasonal matches, resurection ..) , the tv you are playing at ( chaos team may be average at low tv but becomes killing machine at high tv) and the numbers of games you have to play. Of course it depends about you as a coach and your play style ( passing game, bashy, playing ball or just kicking heads...) . You have excellent coach out there who manage teams with weak armor at high tv. I personnally get destroyed with av7 past a certain level so my preference is 1200/1700 tv games. More variety of opponents and more choices of race that can be "competitive" within that tv range. Define what is your play style and you ll find what is "best"team for you. It may not be the team with the best track record but the one that provides you the most fun. Example: i love khorne for their big guy and their frenzy all over. I just love surfing . Not the best team out there but fun to play with. While unavailable atm i play norse with 4 frenzy it s the closest in term of game play. Fun at low tv to mid range

So I know this is subjective but which team do you think is the best race? I don't have the experience to know this but dwarves seem to do consistently well and chaos dwarves are dwarves with 2 super players (the centaurs). So I would say these two are the strongest for me.

Chaos Dwarf teams have better long-term prospects in open play. Dwarf teams have always been the bottom of the attrition list, but they don't do as well at higher levels of development. It's tough to answer about "strongest" since it depends on what you mean by "strong". Tough, certainly... great at scoring... not as much.

What do you guys think?

I think you should give Amazons a go. They are ridiculously strong at low TV levels owing to the fact that they can turn their linemen into blodgers with a single skill-up. They lose their place as top team as TV goes up, but they remain among the top winners, and of those top winners they're the most durable.

The only natural predators for Amazons are Dwarf/CD teams... anything with the word "Dwarf" in it, really, and for obvious reasons.

Saudis I've never tried as they don't appeal to me but I should give them a try. They are hard to stop scoring!

The Saudis have a team? Do they have hamels; half man, half camel?

Using italics as I'm too stupid to work out quote.

Well best is subjective. Personaly i think Necro and DE are the two best teams out there. But i have become a huge fan of Kislev, not becuse they are very good but becuse they are fun. So for me Kislev is one of the "best"(most fun) teams. Other than that i think Nurgle is the only team that stand a small chance against all the CPOMB chaos teams out there.

EDIT: High Elf is great if you like the throwing/passing game. They are not very good at low TV but when they get higher they become the running/passing god's of the game. Well, untill they run in to Nurgle that is.

last edited by SuperGnu

Well As you said it is subjective.

I believe In organised permanent league on the long Run, At High TV Necros and Chaos Dwarves usually rules, even if High TV Elves can be efficient (but usually not multiple season in a row) .

At low TV, I believe this is agile teams territory + amazons

Another Amazon strength is a starting roster with four Blodgers. They can start picking up support skills immediately. And more importantly, when you need to replace a Blitzer, they have it. Elf Blitzers need a skill up to get it; most other Blodger candidates need two.

Decent passing potential, too.

last edited by mrinku

@booncabal said in Which team is the best in bloodbowl.:

Saudis I've never tried as they don't appeal to me but I should give them a try. They are hard to stop scoring!

The Saudis have a team? Do they have hamels; half man, half camel?

Using italics as I'm too stupid to work out quote.

Lmao my phone did that. Either that or I had a weird moment when typing it well spotted! Roflmao Hamels. 😂

last edited by Dominico

Thanks for all the comments. I meant in the main open ladder league with less than 5 conceeds.

Ima try high elves next season. And Amazon's when I get the pack. Also I tried norse but got really unlucky and destroyed physically first game so it put me off a bit.

I'll still keep playing skaven though caus I love them and I just got an ag6 gutter! So I'm gonna try make him my thrower. See how it turns out. :p

Ps my play style is usually fighting a bit where I have advantage in numbers. I enjoy having a big guy on the team and I would love to dare to pass long (I always fumble...) I don't really enjoy cage tactics though I use them when needed. I prefer manouvering. I tried necromantic but the mix of players is hella confusing and I didn't do great with them. But I did ok. My best performing team has been dark elves.

last edited by Dominico

Thanks for all the comments. I meant in the main open ladder league with less than 5 conceeds.

Ima try high elves next season. And Amazon's when I get the pack. Also I tried norse but got really unlucky and destroyed physically first game so it put me off a bit.

I'll still keep playing skaven though caus I love them and I just got an ag6 gutter! So I'm gonna try make him my thrower. See how it turns out. :p

Ps my play style is usually fighting a bit where I have advantage in numbers. I enjoy having a big guy on the team and I would love to dare to pass long (I always fumble...) I don't really enjoy cage tactics though I use them when needed. I prefer manouvering. I tried necromantic but the mix of players is hella confusing and I didn't do great with them. But I did ok. My best performing team has been dark elves.

HE are good but not in the start. DE is prob the safest bet, with 2 runners you can make a dedicated passing team with DE. That is usualy how i build them, make one runner a dedicated passer and the other a reciever. But HE if you get them to higher TV will just dominate as long as you dont get killed off.

If you plan to play in the champion ladder of the official league, Amazons isn't the best choice at all. They have low armour, so in the long term you'll lose a lot of players - plus they are weak against teams with a lot of tackle. That means dwarf at low tv, but almost all the bashy teams at higher tv. You'll get injured and you'll miss dodges. You can somehow counter that with Guard and Mighty Blow on your players, but they life expectancy will be too short anyway. Their playstyle is also quite generic - so chances are that you'll enjoy low tv a lot, but later it will end just like your norse team. Amazons are a good team for short formats without too many dwarves.

High Elves are a better pick, but in a competition like the champion ladder, any team that isn't bashy will be harder to play. Your first matchs should be nice if you play them well, but when the first MB/claws come, you'll lose very expansive players. HE are good but risky.

It means in both cases you it's likely that you got stuck at medium tv.

BTW, I don't understand how your strategy can be to have advantage in numbers if you want to play low armour teams. Dark Elves are a good pick for you I think - their players aren't as expansive as the HE, but they are also tougher than Amazons. The HE don't seem to suit your playstyle - since you should treat all your players as expansive starplayers.

I'm thinking maybe you should try the Lizardmen. They are fast and have 6-7 strong players, and they are almost always a top tier team. One of the best team to outmanoeuver your opponent. Just be careful with your skinks. They don't have a passing game, but it seems to be the best alternative to dark elves for you.

Thing with Amazons is that because their replacement players are cheap and effective (especially the Blitzers) the high player loss isn't really that big a deal once you get over the psychological side of that. Claws in particular are just free inducement money to them. One way to counter PO is to invest in Dirty Player/Sneaky Git and make them pay for lying down on the job. Bribes help, as do SPs with chainsaws.

But like all low AV teams, don't get too attached to players.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.