Chance for a new campaign?
  • The storytelling in BFG is what really made the game for me. I tried all of the other races and some multiplayer as well but I didn't enjoy that nearly as much as playing through the campaign. Bests video game representation of 40k lore to date if you ask me!

So I wanted to see if other people in the community felt the same and maybe even get a response from the dev team.

• while i absolutely love the MP i would give a lot for more campaign
    not really hopeful that it will happen sadly

• I'd love an open Total War style campaign map.

• @Bosie said in Chance for a new campaign?:

I'd love an open Total War style campaign map.

lets hope better implemented then the total war one, its ai is designed to be as annoying as possible
    would prefer a DoW kind of campaign
    works better with the lore on warp travel anyway

• Dawn of War style meta-map would be absolutely MAGICAL. I would pay the entire price of the game all over again for that.

• @Romeo said in Chance for a new campaign?:

Dawn of War style meta-map would be absolutely MAGICAL. I would pay the entire price of the game all over again for that.

yep, i would have no problem with a DoW style dlc system
    just a new game built apon the old, possible to interlock, with its own campaign
    please just let me give you my money!!!

• I think the story is what made BFG's campaign so great, though.

• problem with that is that it would limit it to single faction campaigns only
    since DoW is just some random planet with little significance it can end any way
    any faction can have a good story without hurting the overall outcome of the 40k story
    but battlefleet would always be about an entire system, so multiple outcomes is hard to do right
    would love a campaign for every faction tho
    but could also be a smaller campaign, maybe something about the nids vs necrons thing where the blood angels got in the middle
    in the lore thete are a lot of excuses made by the angels because they are heretics for helping xenos
    so what really happened cant be trusted
    so can be a campaign for either nids or necrons
    problem is its hard to write a good story from either of their perspectives

but if they just made a story pack
    just an added campaign from the chaos perspective
    even if it wouldnt ad any new ships, if it is as well made as the original story i would love to buy that

last edited by Ashardalon
  • @Ashardalon said in Chance for a new campaign?:

yep, i would have no problem with a DoW style dlc system
    just a new game built apon the old, possible to interlock, with its own campaign
    please just let me give you my money!!!

This summarizes my outlook perfectly. I want to continue to invest in the game, but I'm not being allowed to. Throw us a bone, Focus.

@Ashardalon said in Chance for a new campaign?:

problem with that is that it would limit it to single faction campaigns only
    since DoW is just some random planet with little significance it can end any way
    any faction can have a good story without hurting the overall outcome of the 40k story
    but battlefleet would always be about an entire system, so multiple outcomes is hard to do right
    would love a campaign for every faction tho
    but could also be a smaller campaign, maybe something about the nids vs necrons thing where the blood angels got in the middle
    in the lore thete are a lot of excuses made by the angels because they are heretics for helping xenos
    so what really happened cant be trusted
    so can be a campaign for either nids or necrons
    problem is its hard to write a good story from either of their perspectives

but if they just made a story pack
    just an added campaign from the chaos perspective
    even if it wouldnt ad any new ships, if it is as well made as the original story i would love to buy that

While I certainly enjoy more story, more story at this point isn't going to be enough. They need more meat on the bones. As for hurting the actual lore of 40,000, that should never be a concern for games like this. Unless the game actively retcons something, it doesn't matter if it exists in a bubble, given that Games Workshop has no interest in advancing the overall plot themselves. I actually prefer what Relic does with their own side story, because then at least they can advance the plot of their own stuff.

• GW is sadly advancing the story lately
    they are doing a horrible job of it but they are advancing the story
    Girlyman has woken up!

and again, relic can do that, its never bigger then a single system
    a single system is completely irrelevant in the scale of 40k
    but a sector is a lot bigger and cant just be shrugged of
    i trust that they can do it right but its still going to be hard
    they possibly also need a human perspective to tell the story from and they have already released the marines so they only have mechanicus left (do the sisters have ships?)
    all the easy factions to tell a story from their perspective have been told already (humans, orks, tau can all be empathized with)

• @Ashardalon said in Chance for a new campaign?:

GW is sadly advancing the story lately
    they are doing a horrible job of it but they are advancing the story
    Girlyman has woken up!

and again, relic can do that, its never bigger then a single system
    a single system is completely irrelevant in the scale of 40k
    but a sector is a lot bigger and cant just be shrugged of
    i trust that they can do it right but its still going to be hard
    they possibly also need a human perspective to tell the story from and they have already released the marines so they only have mechanicus left (do the sisters have ships?)
    all the easy factions to tell a story from their perspective have been told already (humans, orks, tau can all be empathized with)

I mean, as far as I'm aware, there's only two options when dealing with something as big as a system:

• Be aware your plot has absolutely zero effect on lore.
    • Make you own little section of lore that you can control.

They should probably pick the latter option anyways, because it's going to be borderline impossible to justify how the Imperium, Chaos, Orks, Eldar, Space Marines and Tau all ended up in a conflict (For the second time), and no one was declared ex communicatus.

• sees to me you could slap an asterisk on the current campaign and play it from the space marines / eldar perspective as it stands or make a chaos/ork version that plays the current campaign backwards with they win results... as long as its clear the imperial navy campaign is the legit one there is no reason you cant play with it.

• Well said! In terms of actual campaign missions, the majority of them are randomly generated ones like you'd find in skirmish, thus the most taxing parts for the devs would likely be the voice acting/cutscenes (which are some of the best 40k ones Ive ever seen :3).
    Being able to 'unlock' other races (even if its just ship selections) to play the campaign with would be quite satisfying :3

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Chance for a new campaign? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.