Some thoughts about team progression.

This idea is an expansion to the idea of building up your stadium and leveling up your "club", not only your team. I had this idea floating in my head, even before Legendary came out. Maybe something for Chaos Edition... I don't know.
It's only something that makes sense in an Open League environment with ageing and stuff, so pls evaluate this idea in this context.

• Give the ability to buy players with at least one lvl up, for extra costs (30k? 40k? Dunno)

You could make it so: At Stadium lvl 2, you can buy lvl up versions of linemens, at lvl 3 low profile positionals and at lvl 4 high profile positionals.
It makes sense, if your stadium is that developed, your team has a reputation and can attract more capable beginners.
It would also reduce the frustration, when you have a developed team and then there is this one skill-less player, that replaces your stat-freak you had and that is so hard to lvl up. (like Saurus, Black Orcs Blockers, Tomb Guardians, that one Blitzer that has no Guard or Dodge and totally sucks)

In this case, the way how you upgrade your stadium would be needed to change.
Lets be frank: No serious player saves money above 150k. If there is excess money, they buy cheerleaders and fire them.

• Let's spend that excess money into upgrading your stadium.

At least there would be a use with that money. And if the Stadium is max lvl... well. How about the extra costs (for skill-uped players) I talked about are paid with the excess, that is part of the stadium.

Well... ideas that I have... maybe a little half baked. And probably impossible to implement.

last edited by Spiked-Wall Man

Uhhhh, before I forget it, i did made this suggestion in the last forum, but I do it here too. Because why not.

• In Ladder Environments, remove the "Missing Next Game" Effect.

In league Ladder environment, where conceding has no meaning or penalties, except for some statistics (and fan factor, whoop di frikking doo).
If I have a lizardmen team that has 3 Saurie MNG, then I have a valid reason to just concede my next game at the start. The concede doesn't mean anything in the long run, so why should I bother playing with a crippled team, that would be okay in the next match?

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

The concede doesn't mean anything in the long run, so why should I bother playing with a crippled team, that would be okay in the next match?

It does if the ladder is competitive such as CCL.

@spiked-wall-man said in Some thoughts about team progression.:

In Ladder Environments, remove the "Missing Next Game" Effect.

It'd be nice for it to be optional, at least. In COL it doesn't make much sense, and probably encourages concession. Given that MNG players don't contribute to TV it doesn't make TV more inaccurate either way, so there's no real mechanical issue associated with it in MM, but no real benefit to using it either.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.