Fix the Bloody "Goblin Master" Achievement Already
  • C'mon you guys, it's been months.

Can you please find a way to make this achievement unlock?

And when I say that, you need to fix it for those of us who already have the rest of the achievements, too.

Can we get some movement on this please?

last edited by Jack Frost
  • Focus Team

Hi Jack Frost,

This achievement is supposed to be unlockable (we run tests before every patch to ensure all achievements are unlockable).

If you have all the achievements, quitting and starting a new level should make the achievement appear.

Didn't that work for you ?
    If so, on what platform are you playing on ?

• I'm playing on the XBOX One. If you go to xbox.com and look at the stats for the achievement you will see that it says 0% of gamers have unlocked it on XBOX One. It's simply unobtainable.

I have all of the other achievements and "Goblin Master" just doesn't unlock. No amount of replaying, re-installing or other digital gymnastics seem to have had any effect.

If you go to TrueAchievements, a site that tracks achievement progress, take a look at the page dedicated to this achievement and read the comments. Every single one is about how it doesn't unlock properly.

Several of us have tweeted Cyanide directly, but they have not responded to anyone that I know of and it's been months, like I mentioned.

Anything that can be done would be appreciated.

last edited by Jack Frost
  • It is 100% glitched on the X-Box One. Not a single person has unlocked it. I don't own the game because unobtainable achievements are a deal breaker for me and I never purchased the game because of that one achievement. Since it's a game I'm still interested in playing one day, I keep an eye on the game's True Achievements page to see if the issue is fixed and that`s how I heard about this forum.

last edited by SiegfriedX
  • Have y'all looked at the specific coding/script for the unlocking conditions for the achievement on Xbox One? It could likely be a conflict of conditions resulting in the achievement unlocking, specifically since the achievement only unlocks after ALL achievements had been unlocked its possible the is a catch-22 situation in the code because that achievement would technically be included as apart of ALL achievements so in order to get it you would need to get the 'Goblin Master' achievement and those have ALL achievements and thus fulfill the conditions and be able to unlock the 'Goblin Master' achievement. Maybe a possible solution would be to change the unlock conditions to something along the lines of "Unlock all OTHER achievements"?

• Hello. I post for this achievement to.
    I love finish my games at 100% but on XBOX ONE "Goblin Master" is unlock by 0% of gamers !?

On trueachievement.com they said it is a glitch. Please fix that, I want to do this game, but i don't want buy it with achivement glitch.

Sorry for my english i am french.

• Focus Team

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in the answer.

Indeed, the information about the Xbox One platform clarify the issue.

This achievement is indeed not unlockable. (Though it doesn't prevent you from gaining the 1000G)

This was part of a technical mistake from the dev team which uploaded the PS4 Achievement List instead of the Xbox One. Goblin Master being the "Platinum Trophy".

Problem is : The technical and localization conundrum to get it removed was too much for the team before release. (Seriously guys, it is NOT easy and getting a maximum of polish for the main game was a priority).

However, it's impossible to remove an Achievement once the game is released.
    As TAC14SPECOPS said, replacing the achievement or changing the code in-depth would maybe do the trick but Cyanide and Focus are still small teams and we don't have the resources at the moment.

We're, again, truly sorry for this situation.
    We hope it won't prevent you from having fun playing and completing Styx: Shards of Darkness because of this inconvenience.

Thank you for listening.

Best regards,

last edited by Netheos
  • So much for "we run tests before every patch to ensure all achievements are unlockable", eh? ;)

At any rate, thanks for responding at all since Cyanide wasn't saying anything.

At least now we know.

But I have to tell you, this will hurt some sales on the title and possibly even make some people wary of subsequent releases.

Such a shame as the Styx games are really great.

• Hello. I am very disappointed with that answer.

What does mean :
    " maybe do the trick but Cyanide and Focus are still small teams and we don't have the resources at the moment."

Do you really need millions to change a line of code ?

Do Cyanide have a habit of not repairing their mistakes?

Cyanide will remain a small studio as long as they do not do a good job. You deserve what you have.
    Je suis francais et j'ai honte pour vous.

• Wow, that answer is really disappointing. I'm glad I didn't buy the game before this was fixed or I would be pissed and with reason. Giving support to your game as far as I understand is part of the company's job. What you guys are saying by telling us you don't have the resources to fix this is that if it was a game breaking bug for example we would be left with an incomplete game forever, because "you can't spend resources fixing it".

• Was interested in this game before, won't be buying this game now this is confirmed unobtainable. -1 sale for you.

• I will not give up. I will militate against this studio with my friends to the end.

We don't want developers who do not fix problems on our Xbox ONE. Go on Switch for that.
    My remarks may seem exaggerated for a completion but the reaction of cyanide shows well their contempt towards players.
    I'm sorry for my english

• @Xenohenheim Would it be possible to 'outsource' the coding/script problem to the players looking to get this achievement? Obviously review and authority of implementation would still belong to y'all. In terms of potentially getting a script that would fix the issue that could be included in a later update would be a better scenario than the current one. Just trying to offer help to those of us that worked try to get this achievement.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Fix the Bloody "Goblin Master" Achievement Already was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.