[PC] Various bugs with Gob Bombardier

With BB2 Legendary Edition on PC (Window 10), there are many bugs when a Gob Bombardier is used :

• when you try to dodge with Bombardier, the game is freezed during about 30 seconds. And after successfull dodge, Bombardier player appears on the starting case.

• Sometimes, when Bombardier throws a Bomb, the game is freezed during many seconds (between 5 and 30). I didn't succeed to determine precise conditions when this issue happens or not.

• Sometimes, when you throw successfully a Bomb (Pass Roll OK and no interception), no 4+ dice roll for players in adjacent squares to the bomb landing. Idem, unable to determine precise conditions for this bug.

I also had this bug and came here to report it. (PC, Windows 7, BB2). I was playing as Dwarves, so my bombardier was "Boomer". These were my experiences:

• Used boomer to blitz and it froze the game for nearly a minute. During this time my opponent and I chatted successfully. It was different from the "Waiting for Opponent" or "Waiting for Server" freezes because no such messages were displayed to indicate a problem and chat was unaffected.
  • After the blitz, my opponent and I saw the "Boomer" icon in the wrong place, it's prior position, for the rest of the run. The new and actual location of Boomer was marked by the star within a circle, and Boomer's sprite remained seperately in it's incorrect location without a star.
  • I also had lags of 15-30 seconds whenever I tried to dodge as Boomer.
  • Also, and much worse because it directly affected the outcome of my game, Boomer could NOT be stood up after the blitz caused his location to glitch. My opponent knocked Boomer down with his Troll-Slayer. I wanted to stand Boomer so he would mark the Troll-Slayer and protect my ball-carrying runner. I was unable to stand Boomer up by double-clicking or right-clicking. Right-clicking Boomer produced no menu from which to select "Stand Up. I tried both methods many times on both Boomer's actual location (marked by just the star) and on the location of Boomer's star-less sprite. This meant that instead of standing Boomer to mark the Troll-Slayer, I was forced to dodge away as the only means of getting Boomer to stand up; he would stand only if you selected his "star" and moved to a square. He wouldn't stand and remain in his original square.
  • I also noticed that after the blitz, but before falling down, the "Follow/Stay" menu appeared above Boomer's starless sprite (in the wrong location on the pitch) and not over the star that marked his actual location.

Thank you for your time and efforts. I will avoid Boomer as the bug had a decisive effect on my game.

@unique-username said in [PC] Various bugs with Gob Bombardier:

After the blitz, my opponent and I saw the "Boomer" icon in the wrong place, it's prior position, for the rest of the run. The new and actual location of Boomer was marked by the star within a circle, and Boomer's sprite remained seperately in it's incorrect location without a star.

I confirm also this bug with a normal Goblin Bombardier.

Yesterday, I played a game with one Bombardier. After movement (not Blitz) for him, the player icon stayed at his starting position. The new position was marked by a circle but player was invisible 😞 Same thing following turns, I was able to move the Gob bombardier by selecting him at his invisible position 😎
Moreover, each "invisible" movement was very long, about 1 minute 😞

Cyanide devs, please could you help my Gob Bombardier to act without bugs ? Actually it's very annoying to play with him because of these issues.

last edited by Astedroid
Focus Team

Hello, can you confirm that those bugs occurs once the bombardier thrown at least one bomb?
We found an issue when the bombardier have to turn around to throw a bomb, he'll be more or less bugged until the end of the drive.

To be sure it's the same issue, can you send me your files (only when you witness the issue) located in Documents\BloodBowl2 at guillaumedc@focus-home.com please?
The important files are Game00, Management, Replay and AIError.

Thanks

Yes, I confirm : these bugs occur after the Bombardier thrown at least one bomb (my Bomber has "Hail Mary Pass" skill 🙂 ).

I will send you replay files by email today. Do you want requested files or only replay files (BBRZ format in Profiles directory) ?

last edited by Astedroid
Focus Team

I prefer the files requested, if you have the time to reproduce your issue 🙂
Thanks a lot!

Files sent by email as requested.

Would you like me to do the same?

Focus Team

No it should be good 🙂
The issue is being fixed however I don't have any ETA for a patch yet

Good news if these bugs are fixed. Happy if my reports and replays could help

<Mode French>
Ce serait sympa si on pouvait avoir un patch correctif rapidement. La "Coupe des Vices", la plus grosse compet online française commence la semaine prochaine réunissant des équipes de 5 coachs de la plupart des ligues (LFBB, JOL, CPC, BBBL, FrancoBowl...) http://www.bbbl.fr/Forum/viewforum.php?f=368

Au total plus de 100 teams de BB2 dont au moins 5 gobelins avec chacune un Bombardier dans leur rang (format spécifique pour le tournoi avec équipes personnalisées).

Merci par avance.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.