[Legendary Edition] Overview Thread

@pabozfzw said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

Can standard BB2 players partake in Swiss system competitions? Can they partake in resurrection mode leagues?
Do standard BB2 players have access to team editor?

I believe Netheos already said the answer to those is "no". Everyone gets UI updates and that sort of stuff, but the new league features and editor are LE only... which seems dumb, since it means some leagues will be LE only, making any feature that flags a league LE only very unlikely to be used much.

September can not arrive soon enough. I can't wait for this massive update, it looks amazing. Finally Vampires AND Amazons, my two most wanted teams.

Few quick questions.
1: Will the recent ball skins be released on PS4 as they seem to be on Steam only currently?
2: Will coach levels be extended to go beyond lvl20 with the Legendary edition?
3: Also wondering if we will be able to earn more Cyans through gameplay? Thanks.

EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK [girly scream]

@Netheos said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

Full compatibility between the 2 versions. Most small features and quality of life changes will be available to all BB2 players, even those who didn't purchase the Official Expansion.

Could you please clarify what does the small features mean?

Can standard BB2 players partake in Swiss system competitions? Can they partake in resurrection mode leagues?
Do standard BB2 players have access to team editor?

Resurrection mode is fully available for all players.

Swiss competitions can be joined by BB2 base game players, but you have to own LE to create a swiss competition.

The team editor is exclusive to "Legendary" players.

@Robert-Mckenzie said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

September can not arrive soon enough. I can't wait for this massive update, it looks amazing. Finally Vampires AND Amazons, my two most wanted teams.

Few quick questions.
1: Will the recent ball skins be released on PS4 as they seem to be on Steam only currently?
2: Will coach levels be extended to go beyond lvl20 with the Legendary edition?
3: Also wondering if we will be able to earn more Cyans through gameplay? Thanks.

1. Steam only, sorry.
  2. No.
  3. Yes, you can earn Cyans in the Eternal League (endless campaign) in singleplayer.
last edited by Netheos

Hi Netheos, I saw mentioned in Cknoors video you listed the new star players - can I have the link please so I can have a nosey too?

Otherwise some interesting observations on the star players...

Boomer does not use a genetic dwarf body as a placeholder (or are they outright changing his race I wonder?).
Bertha has turned MALE! With unique model no less, she is literally now a he complete with grey beard, surprising indeed.
Kislev whilst now human still use the old slann stars ie the lizards/frog players instead of the humans options lol (though Slann stars are all lizards now too).
There's some headless models for likes of Zara (understandable as it's still early beta) but really interestingly this also happened with existing stars like Earlice, Ithica, Roxanna and Prince Moranion so potential unique models for them with legendary edition (hopefully).

Otherwise I enjoyed the streams, new stadium looked great and unique, the new teams had some cool animations from what we saw is currently in the build (Kislev Capoera kicks for the win!) And it's fantastic to finally get all the secret weapons in the game finally. Great work and can't wait for September.

@Skode said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

Hi Netheos, I saw mentioned in Cknoors video you listed the new star players - can I have the link please so I can have a nosey too?

Sure, I was linking to this post in the chat. You'll find there a link to the full list of LRB Starplayers. They're all in LE.

What about pre ordering on ps4? Any plans?

@Netheos

OK, so i can join any competition with standard BB2 game, i only need to have a Legendary Edition if i want to host one. To have a "custom team" option i need to have a Legendary Edition.

Have you considered selling only a team editor feature?

I keep asking because i don't have only 4 teams available now, from which i gone buy only Chaos Dwarfs. From the Legendary Edition only thing that matters to me are: online features, Pro Elves, and maybe Amazons. Single Player features, although very welcomed, tbh will just be not used by me.

I had considered buying race pack +LE edition on sale atm, but from it i really gone use two teams +team editor... kinda meh offer for the bucks i pay. I could also buy LE for 22,49 EUR + Chaos Dwarf DLC for 5,94. Tailoring an purchase for individual player taste would be a great thing.

I don't want to just complain, so i will tell you that LE looked great on yesterday streams, new models are pleasure to watch, new options, icons, all that jazz were great!

Have you considered selling only a team editor feature?

It's not planned and seems very unlikely.

@Sephiroth said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

What about pre ordering on ps4? Any plans?

I don't have info about it yet. The offer on console after release will be the same as on Steam, but I'm not sure there will be preorder for an expansion on console. I'll keep you updated on this topic.

Hi Netheos

1. When is the beta going to open? I bought the LE expansion and i am eager to try the new AI . The cknoor video lat night was a fantastic tease. I personnaly can t wait to put my hand on the new campaign and face these over excited teams and new "multicultural" combos !

2. Another thing that came out during the video is that after LE you are planning a few more chaos races , including KHORNE !!!! I was really interested in confirming that .

@dragonloup said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

1. When is the beta going to open? I bought the LE expansion and i am eager to try the new AI . The cknoor video lat night was a fantastic tease. I personnaly can t wait to put my hand on the new campaign and face these over excited teams and new "multicultural" combos !

No ETA yet. We'll announce the exact date as soon as possible.

1. Another thing that came out during the video is that after LE you are planning a few more chaos races , including KHORNE !!!! I was really interested in confirming that .

We're not planning anything further than the release of Legendary but patches to support the game and fix potential issues.

It's far too early to discuss about a potential future expansion. The team is focused on ironing out Legendary and releasing the best Blood Bowl video game possible.

Any discussion about a future expansion is speculation.

last edited by Netheos

@dragonloup @Netheos

I love the BB community. We're getting a massive update (which half of the community bitches about should have been in the game to start with) and they're offering a discount to those that already own the game (which half of the community thinks should be free) and yet we still want MORE! This isn't a slam on dragonloup asking the question, and I know he was just confirming what was said. I just think it's funny. I don't think the community will be happy until there are 200 teams in BB (all for free) and you can toggle a switch in the interface that makes it so you never lose.

@JohnnyFeyev . I was not winging just surprised by the Sage comment on his video as there was no wisper about the khorne despite a lot of people ( including me ) wishing to see them back. That being said I already bought the expansion as well as all the teams in between . I am all for supporting the game and his developpement . As they announce a BETA , i secretly hope it will be open ASAP and not just a week before like BB2 initial release, or for for the khemri . The point of a BETA is also to help identifying possible issues and get them to sort them out very quickly. The more we are to participate , the better the feedback ( graphic bugs , wrong implementation of rules , Ai behavior etc....) I am sure the community can be usefull if the BETA is bugged. Anyway thank you netheos for your quick reply

last edited by dragonloup

@dragonloup It wasn't a jab at you. It was more of a comment on all of the various social media sites. Just read the first 5 comments whenever Netheos posts something on Facebook or Twitter. I'm betting the first one is someone saying, "Awwww yesssss." The second is someone who is apparently following the game but hates it and with bitch about whatever is posted. The third and fourth with be some question that has already been answered in a previous release, and the fifth is probably me making fun of the previous 3 people.

last edited by JohnnyFeyev

Hi Netheos,

Will the legendary edition have new trophies for ps4?
Will it appear on the trophy list as separate game?

So sick of Khorne/Nurgle. Let's have Slaanesh or Tzeentch.
Other Chaos Gods need love too 🙂

@Sephiroth said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

Will the legendary edition have new trophies for ps4?

No

Will it appear on the trophy list as separate game?

No

@Netheos
Ok.
I don't know if it's a known bug, but there is a trophy in the game that says "arrive in a competition final", this trophy doesn't unlock for me, despite having finished the single player campaign and having created a competition and played until the finals.
It's a bit annoying to not be able to platinum the game.
No a big deal by the end of the day, but here is my report.

last edited by Sephiroth