[Legendary Edition] Overview Thread

@SirIronclad said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

You know, I wanted to complain about Lizard Star Players for Kislev at first (and suggest they'd get access to Human Stars instead), but it actually fits with the "circus" theme.

Hmm.... I don't think so. It literally makes no sense, except in one context: the mod tools spiked wall man found mention of are indeed coming, and this would be cyanide / focus's workaround for bringing in a team they obviously REALLY want in the game, against GW 's wishes.

last edited by SaintTodd

Does anyone know how the release of LE will effect league managers?

Example,
Will it effect any competitions being run before its release date?
Will league members have any issues if they are still running the vanilla version?
Will the new options for league creation carry over to the vanilla version if some haven't bought LE?
Pretty much, what effect will LE have on pre-existing leagues as a whole?

@Za_Uvek said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

It won't change anything except that you will get more competition options (allowing custom or mixed teams for example) as a league manager without LE.

Leagues and competitions already created won't change with LE release. The new leagues/competitions options will be available for all BB2 players, even without LE. You simply won't be able to create a swiss format competition.

@Netheos said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

@Za_Uvek said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

It won't change anything except that you will get more competition options (allowing custom or mixed teams for example) as a league manager without LE.

Leagues and competitions already created won't change with LE release. The new leagues/competitions options will be available for all BB2 players, even without LE. You simply won't be able to create a swiss format competition.

Sweet, cheers mate, sounds like everything will run smooth then "touch wood"

Where is the promised customization of armor?

@spacewolf68 said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

Where is the promised customization of armor?

There was never, ever, ever, EVER such a promise. And they repeated time and again that there will be no player visual armor upgrade. Although it would be nice if they changed their minds. ๐Ÿ˜…

@spacewolf68 @Memlok They did, however, update player cards to better resemble how experienced a certain player is.

@SirIronclad I just hope they fixed the layering so I don't have to scroll halfway across the field so I can select someone on the sideline because the card is in the f-ing way.

@Netheos :
I know my question may sounds strange or even stupid for some , but next week end will you have some bot available to play against during the open beta? As , if remember well, leagues will have an option to complete the roster with AI teams , it seems a genuine question to ask . On a personnal level i m really eager to test the AI improvement so it would fanatstic if they are already available to play with during the beta .

last edited by dragonloup

@dragonloup I believe they said it would be online only for this first beta, I'm assuming that means only playing in MMing. I could be wrong.

@JohnnyFeyev: I haven t read anything about it anywhere . That is the reason why i asked. What is MMing? Match making in COL? Is there an option to select to play vs a bot or is it random ? Anyway thank you for your reply .

@dragonloup

• Multiplayer only

• Team Editor

• No Mixed Team

First Legendary Beta!

@dragonloup
As said above, the stress test beta is multiplayher only. No AI.

I just saw the Beta announcement for this Friday, it mentions a server stress test as part of the reason. Which has made me wonder, is BB2 (or BB2 LE) server based or P2P based as the old BB?

@Viajero said in [Legendary Edition] Overview Thread:

I just saw the Beta announcement for this Friday, it mentions a server stress test as part of the reason. Which has made me wonder, is BB2 (or BB2 LE) server based or P2P based as the old BB?

Server based

Thanks for the quick answer! Server based is a big one.

Quick question, tangentially related given all the info on games is server side, is there going to be any tweaks or info improvements to the CabalVision Live game search interface? At the moment when you search Live games the info is incomplete, you can see the teamยดs names/logos and the score, but I can not see the coaches names (only the teams), the actual races (unless you filter or try to guess by the logo) or the turn the game is in. Having all these (specially the turn the game is in) in the same game description pic when you search would be awesome and would save us a lot of time.

Is somehting like this going to be implemented in BB2 LE?

last edited by Viajero

@Viajero No changes planned to the live/replay search system in Legendary. It's on our to do list but we had to choose some features over others for the expansion. Maybe for potential future content!

So how's the beta coming along, I don't have it in my library.

yep.. same here ๐Ÿ˜ž

Incoming !! here we go !!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

last edited by Obsidian