Forum Notifications

Hi a couple of questions.

1. How can i set my account to only get notifications from BB2 on the "unread tab"? It s annoying to always have to scroll down with so many games on the same forum. Is there anyway to compartementalise?

2. When we create a topic or even participate on one can t we have the "watching" option automaticaly selected per default. I would prefer to opt out than opt in every singld thread. It s quite annoying when you create a thread and don t get notification because you forgot to follow. Add the fact that it gets quickly drawn in the middle of other game discussion on the "unread" section and it gets a bit annoying.

Anyway just checking if these 2 "options" could be added on the forum thank you

last edited by dragonloup
Community Manager

Hello,

The first option isn't available for now. I'd love to, because the forum is pretty busy with many games and we don't expect players to be interested in all of them. We'll contact NodeBB (forum host) about that, but we can't develop this feature on our side.

I'll take a look for the second suggestion.

Cheers

@netheos
Hi Netheos
Did you get any answer from the pople running the forum ? It s getting too clustered with all the other game entries. It s actually a deterrent to even try to check it out . If they could at least sort out the function of the drop down menus that would be a big helper >
thank you
DRGNLP

Community Manager

Yes, the got back to me and sadly it's not possible right now to display the "unread" or "recent" messages of a specific forum section and its children.

Although you can still pick a category and see all the "unread" messages only for this one. It should still help you.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

you can still pick a category and see all the "unread" messages only for this one. It should still help you.

That's not working for me at the "category" level. I currently have one unread which is in the "MudRunner - Modding" forum but to see it I have to go down to that forum rather than being able to filter by the "Spintires: MudRunner" category.

Community Manager

@dode74 said in Forum Notifications:

you can still pick a category and see all the "unread" messages only for this one. It should still help you.

That's not working for me at the "category" level. I currently have one unread which is in the "MudRunner - Modding" forum but to see it I have to go down to that forum rather than being able to filter by the "Spintires: MudRunner" category.

0_1509451341888_Capture.PNG

It doesn't work when you use this?

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

All my unreads are from Spintires but when I use that dropdown to select the Spintires: MudRunner category it shows as no unread messages. When I go down to, for example, the MuddRunner - General Discussion forum the ones there show up. That makes the dropdown of limited use when trying to filter out the BB-relevant posts as there are so many BB subforums.

Community Manager

The "mudrunner" section is actually the one where we post the official news, not open to standard posting. We don't post there everyday, hence the lack of unread post.

As explained above, I'd love to enabled all the "children" forum section to be displayed when you select the main section (the game), but it's not implemented in NodeBB yet. I agree BB2 has a lot of sub-sections but that's better than nothing if you absolutely want to dodge the messages from Spintires.

Categories do not work for me > If i click on the drop down and choose BB , I have no unread messages. If i try to choose any other game to set them as all read (so i can make appear only the BB2 messages per default ) , i have no unread messages either .

Community Manager

@dragonloup said in Forum Notifications:

Categories do not work for me > If i click on the drop down and choose BB , I have no unread messages. If i try to choose any other game to set them as all read (so i can make appear only the BB2 messages per default ) , i have no unread messages either .

A category doesn't show its "children" category, that's why when you choose "Blood Bowl", you only have unread messages in the section where we posts official news (= 0 unread). You need to pick each section individually for now.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.