spintires Plus for Mudrunner

@PicSoul
Verified that the .dll was where it was supposed to be, still no joy though...

@mexican_420

Did you replace it with the file in the SpintiresMod directory just in case? I didn't notice but it's very possible and most likely that the d3d9.dll that is included with the mod is supposed to overwrite a default .dll file that the game would have installed by default.

@PicSoul
I did. I was using a different .dll to adjust the memory limit previously, might this have affected the Mudrunner .exe in a way that prevents this mod's .dll from behaving properly?

@rufus said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

i feel pretty foolish right now! i just took a laid back approach to it and 'poof' it works....(FIRST INSTALL THE OLDER MOD 1.6.4)
really, all i did was unzip to the desktop, clicked on the installer, let it go where it wanted (programfilesx86) opened it click the browse button in the small mudrunner mod window , clicked on the mudrunner tree down to the last folder {Not all the way to commonRedist). clicked Install, for the path to become active. opened the game, Through The Tab in the MODS Screen. (bottom corner). the game started and there it was in the settings. checked the cheat and dev tool boxes. played for a few seconds. closed the game.
THEN went through the same process to install the newest package 1.6.5. AND THE WINCH WAS THERE . IT WORKS WITH THE TRUCK NOT RUNNING. and the dev menu works great. no camera adjustments at all though.

THAT WORKED PRAISE THE MUD GODS !

@mexican_420 said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

@PicSoul
I did. I was using a different .dll to adjust the memory limit previously, might this have affected the Mudrunner .exe in a way that prevents this mod's .dll from behaving properly?

I would think the newest .dll file would overwrite the functionality of the old one and it should be fine but I'm not 100% sure.

@rufus i have asked for a video tutorial in every mudrunner forum i can find and i never get a reply i have tried so meny times to put it in the game with no luck

I just did this for ya'll. I hope it helps. AND it works with the 4 gig patch.

How To Install SpinTiresMod
Youtube Video

last edited by Tattoo

@spun said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

@tattoo You have to install the last version and then install the latest version. He is only uploading the files he is changing. Don't delete the old version just replace the files.

spun said that 18 hrs ago

@wrenchinmonkey said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

@spun said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

@tattoo You have to install the last version and then install the latest version. He is only uploading the files he is changing. Don't delete the old version just replace the files.

spun said that 18 hrs ago

That's not right tho. I uninstalled the old version before installing the new version and it worked fine.

@shuffy
@motohead74
@rufus
Try installing the mod to your "Steam\SteamApps\common" folder! I just happened to catch the installation path during @Tattoo 's tutorial vids above and figured it was worth trying, and guess what's working now? 😃
#TheDevilsInTheDetails

@mexican_420 ...NO dont install the Mod directly in the game folder..it wont work..you can install it anywhere else BUT the game folder....I have installed this mod a bunch of times....once you install it in the MOD itself..you have to Map the MOd into the game folder..after the install..from the MOD itself..

the video he made is CORRECT the way to install it..when there is an update in the game the DEV of this MOD will update the MOD a few days after the update release...you have to uninstall the earlier version of the mod or it will conflict with the newer version of the MOD..

last edited by bigboyzback

the DEV of this MOD just updated it again to 1.6.5..not sure what he has done to the new update I am going to install it and answer back here..what the update was..

@bigboyzback said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

you have to uninstall the earlier version

I don't think you NEED to uninstall the old version. I did it because I couldn't get it working. I just said that it works IF you uninstall the old version.

My problem was that I did not check Allow Cheats and that's why it didn't work for me.

Yes, it was updated again to SpinTiresMod 1.6.5

last edited by Tattoo

I just installed the latest version of the MOD..Gentlemen we NOW have a Battery Powered WINCH !!! AND you can check the WINCH for further length to winch from trees further away now... after install check the MOD menu within the settings of the running game

@tattoo said in spintires Plus for Mudrunner:

you have to uninstall the earlier version

I don't think you NEED to uninstall the old version. I did it because I couldn't get it working. I just said that it works IF you uninstall the old version.

My problem was that I did not check Allow Cheats and that's why it didn't work for me.

Yes, it was updated again to SpinTiresMod 1.6.5

you dont ahve to uninstall the older MOD from your computer ..BUT you much UnMap the older version in the Mod itself ..

..BUT you much UnMap the older version in the Mod itself ..

What do you mean by UnMap the older version of the Mod itself?

@tattoo you know once you install the Mod..you have to click on the mod itself and tell it where to go then hit install there ?? if you have a newer version....in the same panel on the older version it say install and uninstall..ytou must uninstall the earlier version OR just uninstall the earlier verson from the aplications in the setting on your computer

@tattoo you know once you install the Mod..you have to click on the mod itself and tell it where to go then hit install there ?? if you have a newer version....in the same panel on the older version it say install and uninstall..ytou must uninstall the earlier version

Oh ok. I get ya. So the d3d9.dll file gets changed then? That's the only file that gets installed into the game folder. I'll have to keep watch of that to be sure. Thanks for the heads up.