Only a few minutes before MudRunner's release! (Find the release time in your region here.)
The Steam Workshop will open at the release of the game, please find below a quick recap of its features for release, as well as a short guide to use the mod editor!
Also note that you can find a complete guide about Modding in MudRunner by clicking here.
Modding Editor Features
- The editor can create and upload vehicle mods.
- The editor can convert the original Spintires vehicle mods and maps into MudRunner mods.
- The editor can view meshes and vehicles.
- The editor can create and edit maps but user maps are not fully supported by the game yet. Modded maps can be used the same way as in the original Spintires for now. New tools and better map implementation is on our to-do list for a post-launch update.
- 2 sample mods.
- 1 sample map. (As explained above, you can start creating maps before their official support)
- An in-house 3dsmax plugin for distribution.
How to use the Editor tool
- The tool AppID name is: “Mudrunner – Editor Beta”. It's available in Steam library > Tools
- When launching the Editor, you can view/edit/convert/upload the mods on the Steam workshop.
- Mods are visible in the Workshop:
- If you want to get the mod, click on Subscribe and Steam downloads it.
When you create a solo or multiplayer game, you have a manage mods button.
There you can see your mods and launch the game. For multiplayer games, if you join a party with a mod you don’t have, the game will ask you to automatically download it.
Known Issues related to Mods
Make sure to do a back-up save of all your mods in a folder separated from the Steam folder before using the Editor.
Please note the following known issues related to mods (will be fixed as soon as possible in a post-release update):
- Some mods can make the game crash on startup.
- When the game is running, if the mod is updated (and re-downloaded), it wont work properly.
- When playing in multiplayer, players can add add-ons from mods that are not installed by other players (may result in game crash).
The MudRunner Team