Bring the front locking differential back in hardcore mode

The real trucks as far as i can see, after doing some research, have front locking differentials. Why take those out in hardcore, that's not right. We kinda need those back 🙂

You still have locking front diffs in hardcore mode you just need to use the manual trans. It states there is not locking diffs when using an automatic gear box in hardcore.

So basically if i play with a controller i cannot have a diff lock 🙂 great

@johnsjeep I always use the manual transmition and Calin_Florea was right the front axel don't have lock, put your truck with 1 of your front wheel again a rock and put your camera on the front you gonna see , 1 of your wheel turn but the other stay stiff, personally on my jeep my full lock work like the 2 wheels always turn even if i have 1 of my wheel in the air and the other again a rock, a no lock axel it work like only the easiest wheel turn and the stuck on stop moving. ps:sorry for my english

Stock trucks presented in the game never had front diff lock.

My bad, wasn't thinking. The big trucks only lock the rear axles.

@calin-florea
In real life, Soviet 6x6 trucks were not equipped with diff lock on front axle. There were diff lock between two rear axles. 4x4 trucks never had any diff lock at all. Keeping it as close to auto history as possible is the best practice imo.

@kostas82 are you sure about that, because from my research looks like the most popular ones like the 4320 Ural locks the front like a mofo haha. Any material that proves your allegations? Hehe

@calin-florea I know on PS4 you can use the diff lock if you manual shift. Not sure what the control is for other consoles,but on PS4 if you click your right stick in it lets you shift and maintain the diff lock when not in A mode.

@802golfer aha, on pc there is no manual, only with a wheel. Aah well i guess it works without the front lock also, maybe 20-30 more difficult without it. It's fine.

@calin-florea ouch, sorry to hear that. I cant stand auto mode because its constantly shifting and bringing you to a standstill while it shifts.

@802golfer it's fine, we have 3 low range gears and 1+ mode, it's nice.

@calin-florea Thats exactly what we have. We are able to lock the diff if you are not in A though. Give it a try maybe?

@802golfer yeah we can lock diff, but only rear, no front diff lock

@calin-florea Oh i never realized that it didnt lock the front. Guess i should pay attention to the illustration on screen when it locks.

@calin-florea said in Bring the front locking differential back in hardcore mode:

@kostas82 are you sure about that, because from my research looks like the most popular ones like the 4320 Ural locks the front like a mofo haha. Any material that proves your allegations? Hehe

Im not sure about Urals but Kraz and Uaz didnt come with front locking differential. Cant show you any evidence but have seen many irl and they didnt have locks in the front. If im correct the Kraz 255 didnt even have locking diffs in the rear, it was the Kraz 255b that had diffs in the rear along with a better brake system. Please correct me if im wrong anybody 😀

@802golfer yeah it shows that also when you lock diff. Kinda makes the all wheel drive a but useless, but still better than none

@bluebirde said in Bring the front locking differential back in hardcore mode:

Kraz 255

well the ural 4320 for sure has a locked diff at least in the back and i think front also, because it says interaxle locking here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ural-4320

as far as the kraz 255 if you can decipher this scheme , you are in luck
http://autokraz.com.ua/acat/acat_en/?model=114&group=53
main page of the truck http://autokraz.com.ua/acat/acat_en/?model=114

@calin-florea Yeah that exploaded view is not a locking diff😀

last edited by BlueBirde