Is this just another "walk simulation" game?

There's a lot of Lovecraft based games. Some got the essence but not the experience. Others are just gore and hack and slash.

Worst: most of 3D games use to bring the combination "walk simulation" + a good single feature. And that's all.

About the ad videos that game sounds so much cool. But so many games tried before. Please guys at Cyanide bring Cthulhu to life.

---------------------------- // ----------------------------

For me it's all about the madness devir. A single quote from Lovecraft, in "Notes on Writing Weird Fiction":

These stories frequently emphasise the element of horror because fear is our deepest and strongest emotion, and the one which best lends itself to the creation of nature-defying illusions.

---------------------------- // ----------------------------

The question: what people over there think about a cool 3D + Lovecraft game? Any insights?

I honestly expect this to be the most faithful adaption to Lovecraft's work in any sort of media bar the amazing black and white fan films for The Call of Cthulhu and Whisperer in Darkness.
They're working very closely with Chaosium who have produced the pen and paper RPGs for decades and are VERY passionate about Lovecraft, his message and themes and his mythos.
This game shouldn't disappoint from what I have seen and read. Very excited.
-Tsathogguah

@Tsathogguah said in Is this just another "walk simulation" game?:

They're working very closely with Chaosium who have produced the pen and paper RPGs for decades and are VERY passionate about Lovecraft, his message and themes and his mythos.

There's something inherently lazy and boring about an artificial "sanity" or "madness" mechanic in games. Instead of building dread and fear in the player, you just tell them "oh, sorry, you're so afraid you've gone insane". I never really saw the appeal of Chaosium's PnP rpg... plenty of games do horror far better, such as the White Wolf WoD games, which emphasize storytelling rather than artificial systems like "sanity".

Past Cthulhu games have tried the artificial sanity stuff, and it tends to be more annoying than anything else. If they're working with Chaosium I suspect we're going to see it again.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.